• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Finally started caring about min-maxing my gear. Just need some more legendary marks so I can buy an int/disp helmet and I will have tier 5 int/disp for my Bladedancer build.

Great isn't it?
Not bad at all.
It's still a beast on smaller maps. Since I mostly use shotgun as special, it's no good to me anymore on more open ones.

As a y1 Xbox player I never got to experience it in it's full glory, but I still loved it from 2.0 to the latest nerf. Don't know why Bungie hates it so :(
Well, it was dirty in Year 1 with one bullet headshots. It was OP but the Handcannon nerf made it fire blanks.
Are the bullets still going in random locations when fired or have they resolved that? I remember I loved mine through Y1 and then Y2 ruined it for me. Haven't touched it since.
I haven't really noticed that yet. I use it more to find out.

ERMint13

Does anyone know if the new match making has changed yet?

Yesterday's connections were better compared to today. We've matched up against several foreign guys who just eat shots.

What few games I played involved less lag as a whole, but were still rather sweaty.

Winners and losers were like 200-800 points in difference all but 1 game.

Finally started caring about min-maxing my gear. Just need some more legendary marks so I can buy an int/disp helmet and I will have tier 5 int/disp for my Bladedancer build.

I've got my Warlock perfect T5 Int/Disc for Trials, T5 Disc/Str for general stuff and T5 Int/Str for Stormcaller, They've all got double sniper and +Armour as well

CZbgnOkWAAA66X2.jpg

CZbfsGsWEAEU--l.jpg

milkham

I didn't know this but mayhem rumble, the weekly crucible thing is still accessible via the crucible menu in the director, if you're short on marks to buy your IB stuff go get it

deadduck

Unusually have the Netduma set to my default 9500km. From the centre (GMT of course) this allows to play with friends in America, but disallows Australia.

If I've had laggy games where 3 or more on the FT are teleporting I drop this down to Europe only.

First test was loading the tower, everyone was within 700km. All pings under 100.

First game with duma up I go in solo. One red bar in Egypt, ping circa 150 but not teleporting, just hit registration delay... All other players ok, most in uk/europe, a few in USA (but good pings).

Second game, all green. No bad hit reg.

Tower, all within 500km.

Frenden

Banned
Gunslinger with T5 DIS and STR for them sick double Tripmines and knives. (By the time a Tripmine despawns I have another ready to toss.)

I AM FREE OF ALL PHONE OBLIGATIONS. Logging on after a coffee break.

dB Viper

I would love if they implement CBMM and not SBMM into all playlists SOON. Maybe then, I won't have to try so hard each game. No fun at all as a solo player with a 2+ k/d. Every game is a sweat fest....

Yeah, Dis/Str is not possible on Graviton. Pretty annoying considering NStalker is probably the best class to have max D/S but them's the breaks.

According to the armory it can but I wasted 100 armor mats trying to get it, no luck :/

Adding int/dis/str to ghosts and class items was the stupidest decision ever.

GhaleonEB

Thoughts of the day so far:

- Rift is ass
- Taking this long to respawn is actually cancer
- Rift is ass
- Smoke + Nade = amazingly cool Spark denial against enemy team

Not to single you out, but I've seen a few posts like this lately and wanted to take a moment to discourage this kind of thing. Fine to say something straight up sucks and use creative language to do so, but saying something is "actually cancer" (as an example) is really ugly. It's needlessly insulting and draws a comparison we don't need drawn. (As an aside, my wife's best friend just found out she actually has advanced stage cancer, spread to her spine. I assure you it's worse than long respawns.)

Please try to keep things more constructive.

Has anyone thought of just letting a team score 4 rifts for a mercy for 5 quick medallions and then actually playing on the 6th game? Seems like it would be super easy to do.

FyreWulff

I would love if they implement CBMM and not SBMM into all playlists SOON. Maybe then, I won't have to try so hard each game. No fun at all as a solo player with a 2+ k/d. Every game is a sweat fest....

this is a really weird post to read after playing Halo with skill based matchmaking that people wanted turned up even more for the past 12 years..

i guess people just want to pubstomp these days

Dunno. Personally, I think pure CBMM would cause runaway playlist bleed.

LifEndz

Has anyone thought of just letting a team score 4 rifts for a mercy for 5 quick medallions and then actually playing on the 6th game? Seems like it would be super easy to do.

Sounds fine in theory, but if you get randoms it could take forever as they seem to think its a game of Clash with some weird object occasionally spawning mid map.

Deku Tree

It's also not fun for newer or less skilled players to constantly get spawn trapped, and head glitched, and shade step animation cancelled, and domed when running through sniper lanes by tryhards who play all day long.

After a few more games - it's still sweaty as fuck, and it's still laggy. I guess it seems relatively better in terms of lag, but that's saying very, very little and not anywhere close to conclusive at this point. I don't think it's acceptable to see teleporting players every few matches, but I think many people have lowered their standards.

It looks like players closest to the mean seem happiest with the supposed changes. It's possible that Bungie tightened the screws on the connection side of things without significantly altering the SBMM given a large enough pool of players, but I remain pretty skeptical. Either way, it looks to be disappointing from the standpoint of anyone who thought CBMM would be an improvement in a zero sum sense with respect to SBMM.

this is a really weird post to read after playing Halo with skill based matchmaking that people wanted turned up even more for the past 12 years..

Eh. It's not about pubstomping for me, it's about casual vs try hard. With CBMM there's less pressure. I might do well this time and get stomped the next. With SBMM, every match is sweaty.

I'm a Halo veteran, and played a lot of MP, but I never played ranked. And that's what Destiny has been like for the last 2 months. Ranked, tense, nervewracking play, every match.

LifEndz

I wonder why the cloak and dagger with whatever metric they're using to determine one's skill rating. Why not have a rank assigned ala Rainbow six seige. Would be kinda cool to see the opposing team is say, gold 2. Then again I guess that would create problems with people only lfg'ing with platinum level players.

Man, one thing I've definitely noticed about Rift Iron banner is the game length.

Finishing games with less than 1:00 on the clock seems pretty common place, which means I feel like I'm getting in barely 4 games an hour.

E92 M3

Dunno. Personally, I think pure CBMM would cause runaway playlist bleed.

Destiny is a casual game and the designer himself said the purpose of the crucible was to relax and have fun.

According to the armory it can but I wasted 100 armor mats trying to get it, no luck :/

Adding int/dis/str to ghosts and class items was the stupidest decision ever.

No, according the the armory, it cannot. When you look at an item's stats in the armory, if one stat has a higher range than the others, it means that item will always roll with that stat.

Top Bottom