• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

this will sound lame, but what is this train thing?

Fireteam members consisting of Dgaffers that steam roll/ public stomp/ destroy random teams consisting of blueberries (which are randoms players, called blueberries since their map indicators is blue)

Pretty much playing with a group and winning very consistently.

Thanks for the IB train guys! Good runs. Sorry my mic was of no use.

Yeah good games everyone.

Nightstalker is slowly growing on me, just wish the super was a little more consistent and the animation faster.

Also annoying when shooting a tether and a teammate walks in front of you during the animation and blocks it :/

Triple down tether + nades so good

mZYMnp.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hmmmm. So a full of good players seems to yield an equal team. Get a bunch of weaker players on the team and the level of competition seems to drop as well. Or maybe it's just a coincidence.

Whoever designed and approved Memento Rift need to learn the definition of both "even spawns" and "fun". 1 spawn is clearly better than the other.

Thanks. Don't stress too much, new OT is around the corner :p

Trying to predict when the next OT will be needed is kinda tricky while the thread is moving so slowly. Only ~550 posts in the last 24 hours and we've still got ~1100 to go which means it could last another 48 hours.

...of course once we get within 300 posts or so everyone loses their minds and spams the thread so I have to make sure I'm not asleep then, lol. I'll probably work on the new OT tomorrow and post it tomorrow night if we're anywhere within 500 posts by then.

Whoever designed and approved Memento Rift need to learn the definition of both "even spawns" and "fun". 1 spawn is clearly better than the other.
"One spawn clearly better than the other" describes half the maps in the game. The map imbalance has baffled me for a long time, especially since some are so blatanly obvious (e.g. Shores of Time, Blind Watch). Sometimes I wonder if this was intentional, to shift the objective from just holding the middle to holding a specific side as well as the middle.

Maybe that's giving the map designers too much credit. Either way, it doesn't end up being fun when your team is the one that doesn't grasp the concept of terrain advantage.

Edit: Just remembered you can't flip spawns in rift, and trials spawns never swap, exacerbating this problem.

SpecX

Lol I said the same thing this morning. Seriously one spawn is literally around the corner from the spark. We had no issue holding the spark and running up the score.

Hey does anyone else have a pair of year 2 Peregrine greaves? I don't see them in the blueprints, but I have a 310 pair. :p

Yep as the Milkman stated this is "not working as intended."

They wanted to only release the Peregrine Greaves but ended up with a mismatch between the kiosk and engrams for Titan boots. As you can see in the Armory, there are a ton of year 2 exotics currently in the game... but they're supposed to remain unavailable for now. The Stand Asides just slipped through the cracks.

NeOak

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/692438841282711553

From the future
2/27/2016 "The matchmaking change to Iron Banner was inadvertently applied to Trials as well. Hope you enjoyed the easy 9-0 cards, but we're going back to pure SBMM"

Kappa

Saw this

@_mantis_ @_IgKnight It's been proven that people with 8-0 can get matched to people with 900 ms ping so how can you even claim that?

Derek ‏@_mantis_ 9h9 hours ago
@NoThru22 @_IgKnight we'd have to investigate that case, but it's possible that no better matches were found before landing there.

Tom M ‏@NoThru22 8h8 hours ago
@_mantis_ @_IgKnight Please check the results of using a Net Arduino router in the Destiny thread on GAF. Boguester ran the tests

Ayyyyy LMAO

I knew I should have been streaming that Trials run D:

chur

Joined a match in progress and apparently my team lost while I was in orbit. Destiny then proceeded do show me the post-game stats of my previous match.

mornin' DGAF.
Last night was a blast. Thanks for the smoooooooooooth IB train ride. ^_^
Will be online this evening, too (or ~mid day for you EST folks).
Until then!

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I know everyone on gaf does solo raid runs and is way too cool to help me, but if anyone feels like helping me get through some story stuff on ps4 so I can get 40 it would be appreciated.

Currently almost lv 38 and some of the story stuff done.

PSN: AKingNamedPaul

Drizzays netduma post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191752221&postcount=10637 I might tweet it to Derek seeing as we're on tweeting terms

Tbh I think the salt is to deep now and every minor death/bad hit registration due to lag is going to bring on an insta tilt. Plus the diversity of fireteams is always going to leave someone on the arse end of it. I always play with Feetie 10k away from me in London with another 9k to the servers so depending on who is blessed with "host" status for the match will always have an advantage

Ugh I think the matchmaking changes made the lag worse on my end. Before about a 1/3 of my games were yellow or red bar ping times and now it seems like all of my games are :(

I've got 50mbps cable my ping times in other games are fine same with download speeds but Destiny Crucible matches are a huge crapshoot and they seem to be getting worse.

NeOak

Drizzays netduma post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191752221&postcount=10637 I might tweet it to Derek seeing as we're on tweeting terms

Tbh I think the salt is to deep now and every minor death/bad hit registration due to lag is going to bring on an insta tilt. Plus the diversity of fireteams is always going to leave someone on the arse end of it. I always play with Feetie 10k away from me in London with another 9k to the servers so depending on who is blessed with "host" status for the match will always have an advantage

Fire away.

I'll be uh... "busy"

Top Bottom