• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

noomi

Anything I put effort into I like to be at the near the top of a new page, but screw it.

weM1RyN.gif

This... this I like. Sooner or later you will all succumb to The Division!

spyder_ur

Thanks guys. I guess my squad will continue to get to 6 or 7 and 0 before losing the next 3 or 4.

We've had some finicky Trials experiences the last couple weeks - drop outs, long time between rounds, one time where we were stuck at the loading screen seemingly infinitely (maybe 10-15 minutes we waited).

WipedOut

This... this I like. Sooner or later you will all succumb to The Division!

But but but... judging from the beta so far it's mediocre at best. You will all see the light. It's not going to be as involved as you all would like.

Drops down from soap box.

LTWood12

I had two kills in a rift match on vita last night. I think my Vita got the hydrophobia. She's sufferin'...

I'm going to have to do something if this happens again.
giphy.gif

We, a bunch of randoms won 20k to 13k against a group of 6 at cathedral...

So I've learned that Cathedral of Dusk has a certain strategy you want to enact on it.

Mainly, kills are way more important than the spark is on this map, due to the bad spawns and distance to the spark from those spawns.

The trick to winning Cathedral is to get the enemy into a stagger spawn situation. This means you want to kill a target about 4-5 seconds apart from each other. Basically create just enough time that it's not "worth it" for the first person to die to wait for the next person, and then you create this cycle where you are in combat with one person, while 1 person is close to entering combat, another just respawned, and a fourth is spamming their respawn button to get back into the action faster.

Obviously this only accounts for 4 people, but you get the idea. You've probably noticed this happen to you on occasion, where it seems like every time you die, you see 2-3 teammates in the middle, but by the time you get there, they're dead, and now you're in the front lines. So you try to make a small push, only to die, and repeat the cycle of death.

MM has been slightly better for me. I've seen less red bars but I've still seen weird laggy nonsense.

RIFT is still just a joke of a game mode. The idea is so half baked. Last night we matched up against another team of six on memento and they were able to spawn trap us. We would keep respawning in the middle of the map while they held out base and could spawn freely at their own.

Also:

Destiny |OT♦39| Lovers in a Dangerous Time

Works on 2 levels.

Describes the upcoming Valentine's event perfectly.
Describes the current situation with us crazy Destiny fans, and how unstable the future of the series seems to be.

Destiny |OT♦39| Lovers in a Dangerous SpaceTime

is also acceptable.

maomaoIYP

PSA: For those who still care about the gunsmith and pulse rifles, this week's PDX-41 has a god tier roll. It's on par with the Nirwen's that Saladin sold.

GlamFM

Banned
Also:

Works on 2 levels.

Describes the current situation with us crazy Destiny fans, and how unstable the future of the series seems to be.

is also acceptable.

Frank Sinatra - My funny Valentine:

My Funny Valentine
Sweet Comic Valentine
You Make Me Smile With My Heart
You're Looks Are Laughable,
Unphotographable
Yet You're My Favorite Work Of Art
Is Your FigureLess Than Greek

Is Your Mouth A Little Weak
When You Open It To Speak

Are You Smart
Don't Change A Hair For Me
Not If You Care For Me
Stay Little Valentine Stay
Each Day Is Valentine's Day

WeTeHa

IB maps so far:
Cathedral, Pantheon, Sector 618, Pantheon... If I get cathedral again I'm done

3x cathedral in a row just now... :/

had 7 exotic engrams drop since weekly reset. 3x helmet, 3x chest, 1x gloves. I need primaries!

Edit: Cathedral again, what the fuck.

WipedOut

OT: Community Manager for The Divison seems like he might be a good one. Watching Goth's channel to get some tips while trying it out later today.

Deku Tree

We could get a train going if you want.

I'm currently just waiting around to see if a Warsat pops up on earth for the sleeper Simulant quest.

Not a lot of people on right now. Just got matched six blueberries vs a team of six ugh. I just want to cash in my medallions, and then jump off for a while.

Trying to predict when the next OT will be needed is kinda tricky while the thread is moving so slowly. Only ~550 posts in the last 24 hours and we've still got ~1100 to go which means it could last another 48 hours.

...of course once we get within 300 posts or so everyone loses their minds and spams the thread so I have to make sure I'm not asleep then, lol. I'll probably work on the new OT tomorrow and post it tomorrow night if we're anywhere within 500 posts by then.

Yeah, suddenly for a few hours everyone starts posting at the same time and then a while later it's just dead again. Very tricky.

Still waiting for thunderlordnightstalker post :p

Also:

Works on 2 levels.

is also acceptable.

but still misses out on the forever #319 thing

|OT 39| The Hateful 319

WipedOut

Meh, the 319 thing doesn't seem like it is impacting that large a portion of the community.

It's not impacting because at this point I don't think the majority care to actually grind for 320.

I'm one helmet away from 320. Out of 5 Oryx CM's this week I didn't get one 320 helmet. All 320 Primaries. I've given up, For me this is forever 29 all over again, trying to get the helm from Atheon.

Namikaze1

Either I'm just hearing things after watching one too many horror films last night or I just heard what sounded like a woman screaming while idling on Venus.

Top Bottom