• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

the_id

Leveled up Colovance. It's legit. Had some fantastic matches pairing it with a Party Crasher tonight.

CZy4EgzUsAA4ekL.jpg:large

You deserved that mote of light.

Bradach

I think they should get their live team to make 6 new guns (G-Horn / FB quality), give them to the VoG bosses, throw some taken in there while they're at it and BOOM I'll happily play VoG again for a couple of months.

They drop some new guns in crota and do the same.

How hard is that?

As it is now all that's worth doing on PvE is KF challenges and I'm getting tired of those at this stage.

Just a thought Bungie

Marvel

could never
New raid rewards would be great, I really like VoG and even Crota. But there's no reason to do them.

Which is a shame...

noomi

New raid rewards would be great, I really like VoG and even Crota. But there's no reason to do them.

Which is a shame...

The reason I was so hooked on Destiny for over a year, it is a shame that they fall victim to time :( There were some great suggestions about making older raids relevant by creating challenge modes similar to Kings Fall and having loot updates.

Its all quiet for now Matt. they'll be more people playing tomorrow although it may be reduced as I think the Division Beta has just started.
The Division beta for ps4 doesn't start till tomorrow. Well prob cause it was ~4-5 am EST :p and only crazy sleep deprived or nocturnal people have been awake.

Scout rifle drops on rank 2. Just got one.
Post-game drops are account wide. You got the scout because you have at least one character that's rank 3.

Bungie.net said:
Available as post-game drops:
• Rank 2: Boots
• Rank 3: Chest Piece, PlayStation Helmet, Scout Rifle
• Rank 4: Fusion Rifle

Have people seen many leg drops after hitting rank 3? The last IB the earlier drops became more rare as you ranked up. I've been staying at rank 2 until I get a pair of boots that I like for my Hunter.

WeTeHa

Just played a match and for the first time I'm 100% certain one player on the enemy team had a lagswitch. Everything's fine and as soon as he picked up the spark he started teleporting all over the place and could not be killed. Walked right through my nova bomb twice. That's not fun :(

I'm not seeing any difference in this match making. Still getting 1-2 red bars on opposite team who are unstoppable every time.

Testing it in Iron Banner, let alone Rift has got to be the worst game mode to try it out. I don't know why they didn't just do what they did before and start with Control and roll it out from there

As I said before through, they've let all this fester too long so its all probably moot now. Unless we get a rousing speech from our new overlord and saviour Pete Parsons tonight

Testing it in Iron Banner, let alone Rift has got to be the worst game mode to try it out. I don't know why they didn't just do what they did before and start with Control and roll it out from there

As I said before through, they've let all this fester too long so its all probably moot now. Unless we get a rousing speech from our new overlord and saviour Pete Parsons tonight

It's not going to help that the player pool will be a lot smaller than it was 1-2 months ago as well. More chance of people with potato routers and spaghetti cabling for internets

WipedOut

Played a bit of the division this morning. It is what I thought it would be. Not going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

If it was A FPS it might have been, but that over the shoulder 3rd person view.... Nope.

3 ability skill sets. 2 selectable at one time

SpecX

I'm not seeing any difference in this match making. Still getting 1-2 red bars on opposite team who are unstoppable every time.
So far I'm not seeing as much lag as before, but the matches have been closer in skill than ever before for me. I'm hardly a good PvP player and for whatever reason I feel I'm playing with others on my level unlike before where I got matched with skilled players above me.

Namikaze1

That's unfair to Taniks as he's homeless
He has no one to blame but himself.

Off topic but for those interested, I'll be streaming the Division beta once it is up tomorrow. Finally got an Ethernet cable that is long enough for me to connect it to my ps4. I forgot how much better shit runs when wired. Such a massive difference.

WipedOut

He has no one to blame but himself.

Off topic but for those interested, I'll be streaming the Division beta once it is up tomorrow. Finally got an Ethernet cable that is long enough for me to connect it to my ps4. I forgot how much better shit runs when wired. Such a massive difference.
Huge difference

Namikaze1

So IB anyone?

Huge difference
When I saw the difference, I literally yelled out why the fuck it took me this long to buy a long enough cable. I was mostly wired when I had my ps3. Everyone knows by know just how slow downloads were on it. When ps4 came out, I decided to go wireless. Huge fucking mistake.

flkraven

Man, it's such a piss off when you see a teammate pull out his ghost in the middle of an IB match and then suddenly 3 of your teammates leave. I mean, why in the fuck did your join the game at all. They probably just need a primary kill or something...

Does the host change mid match? As I've just had a game that was lag free for first five minutes then turned to absolute shit. We were up against a team of 6 who suddenly red barred when they were losing. But it was just so crazy how quickly it went from playing fine to worst thing ever

flkraven

Out of curiosity, what's the reference behind the thread title?

lol. I found a polygon article about it:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/10/9888940/destiny-bungie-dlc-plans-events-year-two-2016

Bungie's weekly update then moved onto a more recent controversy that sent the Destiny player base into a confused frenzy: the patch notes for update 2.1, which arrived on Tuesday. The notes included tweaks to weapon balance — changes that Bungie had announced nearly four weeks prior, on Nov. 19. The weapons section of original patch notes, as published Dec. 8, was identical to the November preview. But apparently, the tweaks mentioned in the notes weren't actually the changes Bungie made in the game.

The studio revised the notes yesterday, Dec. 9, and players began to complain that the new changes appeared to be inconsequential. For example, the original post listed base damage increases of 3 percent, 7 percent and 4 percent to different types of auto rifles, and base damage reductions of 9 percent, 8 percent, 8 percent and 2 percent for groups of pulse rifles. But according to the updated notes, the actual tweaks were one or two orders of magnitude lower — 0.3 percent, 0.7 percent and 0.04 percent for the auto rifle buffs, and 0.9 percent, 0.9 percent, 0.9 percent and 0.97 percent for the pulse rifle nerfs.

vctor182

So IB anyone?

When I saw the difference, I literally yelled out why the fuck it took me this long to buy a long enough cable. I was mostly wired when I had my ps3. Everyone knows by know just how slow downloads were on it. When ps4 came out, I decided to go wireless. Huge fucking mistake.

I'm down for some matches, can't talk on the mic though

E92 M3

So IB anyone?

I have every console wired; can't go back to wireless.

Never thought nami was a wireless pleb. ;_;

1Gbps wired LAN master race! :D

lololol

pssh I don't even play Trials anymore Kappa

Drizzays netduma post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191752221&postcount=10637 I might tweet it to Derek seeing as we're on tweeting terms

Tbh I think the salt is to deep now and every minor death/bad hit registration due to lag is going to bring on an insta tilt. Plus the diversity of fireteams is always going to leave someone on the arse end of it. I always play with Feetie 10k away from me in London with another 9k to the servers so depending on who is blessed with "host" status for the match will always have an advantage
LOL Arduino retweeted me even though I got the name of the device wrong and it wasn't even an Ardiuno product.

Luke called GAF the 1% of the 1%, and after the buffs to the guns were .04% instead of 4%, well.. ;)

^^ he got you covered

The whole Auto Rifles "buff" thing
Thanks. The reason I asked is because I actually thought it was a reference to the NASA budget. Back in the 1960's when we sent people to the Moon, NASA's budget was 4% of the federal money spent. Nowadays it is around %0.4.

I've decided I'm going to keep record of all my solo queueing for Iron Banner.

I feel like the game throws me into an in-progress match too often, and I think there should be some sort of cooldown with that.

Like, joining an in-progress game should start a cool down of an hour before you can be placed in another in-progress game. Leaving a game prematurely will reset the cool down.

Deku Tree

I've decided I'm going to keep record of all my solo queueing for Iron Banner.

I feel like the game throws me into an in-progress match too often, and I think there should be some sort of cooldown with that.

Like, joining an in-progress game should start a cool down of an hour before you can be placed in another in-progress game. Leaving a game prematurely will reset the cool down.

Leaving a game in progress puts you in the "leaver pool" for an hour that puts you first in que for in progress games. Do it a second time and your put in the pool for a day, third time during that day makes it a week, keep doing it during that week and the week keeps getting bumped forward.

Namikaze1

I'm down for some matches, can't talk on the mic though

i won't be on for another half hour. Got some things to take care off.

I have every console wired; can't go back to wireless.
Well, after seeing the difference, neither can I. :p

Never thought nami was a wireless pleb. ;_;

1Gbps wired LAN master race! :D
I had no choice! I ended up throwing the one I used during the PS3 days away by accident.

Top Bottom