• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Ghazi

And I believe I recall that a rocket could kill a fresh runner previously. Thus, I'm asking, AGAIN, if the armor levels have been increased lately.

Honestly, I feel like runners had were given more armor when Rift first came out, like a lot more, and now they have regular armor. Of course, we could just be imagining the bonus, I did kill a runner with a 1KYS headshot who had full health.

SpecX

Went through a couple matches last night where nobody was able to dunk the other team's rift. It was just "Runner down" "Runner down" "Runner down". Those matches were won based on kills alone. I have a feeling some people got lost.

Same experience, other thing that got me was the heavy ammo is too far as well. I missed out multiple times when I spawned at the same time the counter started only to not make it in time because of the distance and the fact my team didn't wait. Overall the map is very poorly designed. I liked it the first times I played it since it was something new, but now after having played multiple modes on it, it's a really bad design/option for most play modes.

Namikaze1

Some guy named RAM teabags me after I had delivered the spark and killed all 5 of his buddies.

He ended up being the last death of the match, getting us over 20k points.

He died by my hands. Literally since it was a melee.

Sweet justice.

A rocket doing 100 damage is evidence of damage resistance, not increased armor. As for if either of those had been increased, I don't know. I haven't seen anyone do a comparison test.

You're arguing semantics here when you clearly know what it is I'm trying to convey. Stop being obtuse, it isn't helping the conversation.

This example shows that the runner gets damage resistance immediately after picking up the spark. This resistance doesn't last long after. The rest of the clip had a bunch of lag, since no damage markers displayed from the shots and the runner just randomly fell down dead.

I clearly saw hit markers while the runner was being shot. However, the player missed a few shots, so maybe that's what you saw. I think the case with clip in particular is perspective. The rocket isn't launched until the runner already had the spark, thus the runner was already running towards the exit. It's likely that the runner only caught the edge of the blast radius, thus taking a fraction of the damage.

That being said, I wouldn't doubt there was some kind of glitch where-in there was some correlation between your subclass super armor and the armor you receive as the runner.

I clearly saw hit markers while the runner was being shot. However, the player missed a few shots, so maybe that's what you saw. I think the case with clip in particular is perspective. The rocket isn't launched until the runner already had the spark, thus the runner was already running towards the exit. It's likely that the runner only caught the edge of the blast radius, thus taking a fraction of the damage.

That being said, I wouldn't doubt there was some kind of glitch where-in there was some correlation between your subclass super armor and the armor you receive as the runner.

Definitely not a grazing issue. The rocket almost hits his head perfectly. Unless lag thinks he is further away than he was shown.

Okay, so what I've gotten from /r/crucibleplaybook is this:

The runner gains damage resistance during initial pick up, and during the dunking animation.

The damage resistance is cranked up to 70%.

We don't know how long the resistance lasts exactly, but it's likely comparable to Unstoppable since the game data sees holding the spark as a "super".

the_id

takes my team through Matchmaking within Oceana region...we got yellow and red bars. Changed fireteam leader and now green bars again.

E92 M3

Busy prepping the valentine's event to make sure you can gift boxes of chocolates and roses to your fellow guardians with silver

That is probably true lol.

it's standard operating procedure.

Make a change in 1 playlist. Collect data. adjust as needed. If not adjustment is necessary, expand change to other playlists.

Any change would be better than the current MM settings. No need for more data haha.

Tri4

Finally picked up my eirene from gunsmith. Not the greatest roll (yepaki/faucon, performance bonus, QuickDraw, life support/last resort) but I got tired of holding it.

Also any IB trains?

You're arguing semantics here when you clearly know what it is I'm trying to convey. Stop being obtuse, it isn't helping the conversation.
And I've answered that I have not heard of any change to the spark runner properties. You being hostile isn't helping the conversation. I was brainstorming scenarios and possibilities that would explain the perception of increased armor and resistance.

Highwind

Dunno whats up with my LAN connection always disconnecting now. Starting to annoy me. :/

Gonna have to play on wifi till I can resolve this. Only issue is I can't listen to certain people on party chat. :/

Dunno whats up with my LAN connection always disconnecting now. Starting to annoy me. :/

Gonna have to play on wifi till I can resolve this. Only issue is I can't listen to certain people on party chat. :/

Some older routers have a release cycle that kicks in every so often. You can even adjust the time on it.

I remember having older routers that would release every 24 hours by default.

Axoman

Okay, so what I've gotten from /r/crucibleplaybook is this:

The runner gains damage resistance during initial pick up, and during the dunking animation.

The damage resistance is cranked up to 70%.

We don't know how long the resistance lasts exactly, but it's likely comparable to Unstoppable since the game data sees holding the spark as a "super".

Multiple times I've killed the spark runner with a single shotgun blast over the past two days of playing. I'm assuming they were full health as most times I was the only one defending our rift.

\(^o^)/

UC has a lot of amazing food trucks. So many of them. If you don't go there, then you would never believe how good the food could be coming from a truck on the sidewalk.

There is this small fish shack in Springfield that has a line of people sometimes 3 blocks away. It has no seating, and no drive up window. Just a little shack on a super busy street somewhat close to an elementary school.

I've never been, but I've heard people say crazy good things about it.

Django-Unchained-Calvin-Celebrates-Hands-in-Air.gif

This was one of the best DGAF IB trains! \o/ Noooooooice.
Thanks a lot! Had great fun! :D

Deku Tree

Watching Goth's game crash earlier when he was playing the Division on xbox... I was like Wow! The game has to be finished at this point, the only things they can change for the launch game are probably server settings. Although I'm sure there will be patches post launch.

There is this small fish shack in Springfield that has a line of people sometimes 3 blocks away. It has no seating, and no drive up window. Just a little shack on a super busy street somewhat close to an elementary school.

I've never been, but I've heard people say crazy good things about it.

Fish... yummy. If I were you I would try it out for sure!

Namikaze1

Sorry, guys. I would've kept going on the train but I smelled something burning. It ended up being the fan in the next room. Motor died. I'll be back for more in an hour or so for more. Gonna let the dualshock and headset charge for a bit.

Top Bottom