• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Namikaze1

Well, I'm ready to do some more IB. Trying to complete all the bounties I have on my hunter and Titan today. Just need to complete one last weekly on my hunter and she's good to go. Aint turning shit in till Monday. Warlock's rank 3 and has 6 bounties to turn in. Hunter is rank 2 and has 7 bounties to turn in. Titan still rank 0 but has 6 bounties from last time to turn in.

E92 M3

Vault of Glass for Raid design
Crota's End for loot drop philosophy
House of Wolves for end game diversity
Taken King for story

UDoFkAg.gif

Azerare

Man iron banner today has been horrible so far. No wins at all and I keep going up against full fireteam with my chopskies team.

They need to fix the matchmaking to have it be full vs full, and random vs random. Full fireteam have a bigger advantage. Especially annoying when trying to do iron banner.

*snip*

The debate is whether there would be less total play time across the entire Destiny population if they made it easier to hit 320. Personally I'm the same as Axo since the positive reinforcement would encourage me to keep playing. People who are more purely loot-focused probably would stop playing earlier.

The deciding factor imo is that those people would go away happier which has value for future content releases. Their current mindset is still too penny smart and dollar dumb. Maybe that's part of their own "loot sine wave" since every time they've been too stingy it's met with community backlash that forces a move in the other direction.

VoG had #Forever29 so CE had "smart-ish" loot. KF's Challenge Mode is a pretty obvious correction for KF's poor table and the limitations of infusion. Even so, they haven't fully embraced a spirit of loot generosity. One of my biggest hopes for Destiny 2 is they actually listen to the Diablo 3 developers and get over this fear that everyone will quit when they hit level cap AND that would be a bad thing if it happens.
*snip*

in order for the level cap to not matter and cause player exodus, the skill trees and the loot would have to be much more meaningful. people play Diablo after they hit the level cap because they can 1. up the difficulty and 2. have meaningful skills that are meaningfully impacted by the loot they just got. until Destiny does the same, then loot and skill trees won't be the incentive for people to play...
the only incentive I have, frankly, are the people with whom I play.

image%205.gif

in order for the level cap to not matter and cause player exodus, the skill trees and the loot would have to be much more meaningful. people play Diablo after they hit the level cap because they can 1. up the difficulty and 2. have meaningful skills that are meaningfully impacted by the loot they just got. until Destiny does the same, then loot and skill trees won't be the incentive for people to play...
the only incentive I have, frankly, are the people with whom I play.

This right here.

giphy.gif

Man iron banner today has been horrible so far. No wins at all and I keep going up against full fireteam with my chopskies team.

They need to fix the matchmaking to have it be full vs full, and random vs random. Full fireteam have a bigger advantage. Especially annoying when trying to do iron banner.

last of us multiplayer has this .. you can search for no parties

its a nice feature

I don't know what's going on, but the last half a dozen rounds of IB have felt real laggy, even though the game shows everyone's connection as green.
Shots don't register, radar lies about enemy proximity, people might as well be teleporting. If this is the new matchmaking, then no thanks.

maomaoIYP

Which roll?

Which roll? Still have an order for a PDX-41 from a few weeks back.
Sorry for the late reply, I went to bed after that post. It's the one with zen moment.
Once maxed, it has identical recoil as the vendor Nirwen's, with a very slight left kick instead of right. Zen moment gives it an even slightly better boost. It will also give you 30 rounds instead of 27, and much better sights. But you do lose out on outlaw and third eye.

Trakan

Tomorrow, check back for more commentary on the potential for future changes to the Crucible in the Bungie Weekly Update (published one day late to get out of the way of progress).

What does this even mean?

Zel3

GAF I'm currently level 291. I'm a casual player so I don't have a raid group or any one to do the Nightfall with. Doing heroic strikes is not helping me level up is there any other way?

IB is as sweaty as ever for me. Out of 6 games we won one in a gaf train. Dont feel this change at all.

All the try-hards are out today to prove bungie wrong:

Your results may vary (gotta love the Internet), but we’re hearing and seeing some good things: Lag is on the decline. Match-ups are still close enough to provide the level of challenge demanded by the Iron Lords. Matchmaking time between games is less than a minute, on average. By many accounts, we’ve taken a step in the right direction, but there is always more room for improvement.

...after 1 day of said mm changes. that's a lot of data lol

GAF I'm currently level 291. I'm a casual player so I don't have a raid group or any one to do the Nightfall with. Doing heroic strikes is not helping me level up is there any other way?

Iron banner, Trials, court of oryx (get lucky with 295+ engrams)...that's about it.

Fastest progression option is doing normal kings fall raid.

You'll find players to join for strikes, raids etc here so post whenever you're looking for an activity and someone may join you.

SpecX

All the try-hards are out today to prove bungie wrong:

...after 1 day of said mm changes. that's a lot of data lol

Seriously, they collected data on the old method forever and couldn't provide any feedback and have been able to provide this update in a single day? New CEO must be give everyone there a new asshole.

WeTeHa

RIFT for IB is one of the worst decisions ever. Thanks Bungie.

I actually like it. With randoms it sucks most of the time, but with a team it's fun. I don't even mind losing that much. I just think that the post-match rewards need to be improved. If I'm getting blue engrams, 270 armor pieces and motes of light for like 8 matches straight, something is definitely wrong.
If the rewards were better, I'd even consider playing more pvp. Right now, I'll just limit it to iron banner week and that's it for the month.

Most maps are pretty bad for rift though. Why is there only one spawn for the spark? At least give us 2-3 spawns per map that change randomly.

GunnerZ

One thing is for sure. IB should be 100% of the time Clash from now on. Screw this "changing it up" stuff. Clash>control>>>>>rift
I totally agree with you man. When it was clash the matches were faster, there weren't always lopsided matches, and It was more relaxing.

Hope they bring it back and let it stay forever then IB would be absolutely Golden.

Shiv47

So assuming things come together, we're planning to do a NM Kings Fall raid for anyone interested. Right now there's two newbies and one veteran (me). We hoping to run this Saturday night (maybe 9EST), so we have the time needed to run through explanations and all that. Anyone else interested? Ideally I'd like to get another vet or two who could help balance things out, but whatever. SpecX, if you're no longer free, let me know and I will change this accordingly.

1) shiv2099
2) my buddy who's a Gaffer but never posts
3) SpecX
4)
5)
6)

and the more I think about it, I become more firmly entrenched in the belief that the stingy loot drops were intentional. the challenge modes existed ever since the calcified fragments were in place, as evidenced by the "missing" three from when TTK dropped. so the challenge mode drops weren't a remedy for a stingy loot system, but rather a fundamental part of it, as evidenced by the exclusivity of the artifact drops.

Frenden

Banned
I was watching the Division stream and the dev was dying a ton making it a slog, so I peaced out. I checked out Destiny's directory and Hovey had 700 viewers in second place with Broman at the top with 2700. Oof.

Top Bottom