• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

So no BWU update but there was another MM update for Iron Banner? Well, I'm up for more connection based stuff!

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14284

BWU isn't till tomorrow, same day every week.

Edit: I'm an idiot, its actually Friday.oops

Top Page Legend Hype

3fysSVpl.jpg

Liamc723

No BWU?

Lol Bungie...you're actually making me look forward to the Division beta tomorrow.

There's nothing to look forward to in this game.

You just tap your ghost button while shadestepping to cancel out then press jump to cancel the ghost activation

Nah, not for me.

I do the vegetarian thing.

ftfy.

also, fish are delicious. especially sushi.

BWU isn't till tomorrow, same day every week.

Edit: I'm an idiot, its actually Friday.oops

Top Page Legend Hype

3fysSVpl.jpg

uh - it's Thursday
I guess you're across the Int'l date line
is that Kung Fu Panda in that titan armor?

the_id

Yeah, Shadestep, then mid animation get ghost out.

On the person shadestepping it looks normal, but on their screen the shade animation carries on going.

I'm just learning to use Shadestep. Its so helpful when carrying the spark but now there's even a glitch??

nowai

Yeah, Shadestep, then mid animation get ghost out.

On the person shadestepping it looks normal, but on their screen the shade animation carries on going.

You also need to input a movement button (jump or sprint) at the same time you pull out your ghost or else you will be sitting there with your ghost out.

ie, you Shadestep > when your character is on their head > pullout ghost + either jump or sprint.

Easiest for me to do is jump, because you can do it any direction and the timing is more forgiving but it really only works with a shotgun because you are airborne. If you are moving forward, you can hit ghost+sprint to pull out a primary because you remain on the ground.

Obviously, this is stupid hard with a normal controller. Scuf is the way to go.

I'm just learning to use Shadestep. Its so helpful when carrying the spark but now there's even a glitch??

There's a glitch? Huh.

Either way, if you're just starting to use shadestep - trying switching to the Puppeteer control scheme. It switches the right analog stick with circle. It's really helpful to not have to take your hands off the sticks.

That is, if you haven't already done that.

There's a glitch? Huh.

Either way, if you're just starting to use shadestep - trying switching to the Puppeteer control scheme. It switches the right analog stick with circle. It's really helpful to not have to take your hands off the sticks.

Glitch isn't really the right word because the game is doing everything it is supposed to be doing.

Bungie just needs to put something in place to deter that button combo.

the_id

There's a glitch? Huh.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try

I don't think it was an oversight at all and it was intentional. If you got 320 ghost, class item and artifact from the challenge modes, you could have reached 320 much sooner. In bungie's mind, if you reached 320 in a few weeks, you'd be done, so they had to prevent a guaranteed path to 320.

Bungie continually insists on artificially limiting progression paths, but in my opinion, if they increased drop rates and provided me ample 320 items, I'd play more so I could optimize all me builds.

Kinda old post but wanted to QFT. I don't think Bungie was so oblivious that they didn't consider adding 320 artifact+ghost+class items.

The debate is whether there would be less total play time across the entire Destiny population if they made it easier to hit 320. Personally I'm the same as Axo since the positive reinforcement would encourage me to keep playing. People who are more purely loot-focused probably would stop playing earlier.

The deciding factor imo is that those people would go away happier which has value for future content releases. Their current mindset is still too penny smart and dollar dumb. Maybe that's part of their own "loot sine wave" since every time they've been too stingy it's met with community backlash that forces a move in the other direction.

VoG had #Forever29 so CE had "smart-ish" loot. KF's Challenge Mode is a pretty obvious correction for KF's poor table and the limitations of infusion. Even so, they haven't fully embraced a spirit of loot generosity. One of my biggest hopes for Destiny 2 is they actually listen to the Diablo 3 developers and get over this fear that everyone will quit when they hit level cap AND that would be a bad thing if it happens.

Glitch isn't really the right word because the game is doing everything it is supposed to be doing..

Personally I've never done this combo but if what deadduck says is true then glitch seems appropriate (i.e. other people still see you in SS animation)

How many cycles would you say that was?

I believe one cycle each because there was no repetition. But, it's multiple phases.

**shudder** The flashbacks are too real.

the_id

Nami goes off.

gjhjhj.gif

Galaktus asked for it when he started teabagging. Nami has balls of steel though. Any normal warlock will get testicular rupture or torsion when they teabag that hard.

Thanks for the run's today with the fireteam I was with. Will be back later for more.

Kinda old post but wanted to QFT. I don't think Bungie was so oblivious that they didn't consider adding 320 artifact+ghost+class items.

The debate is whether there would be less total play time across the entire Destiny population if they made it easier to hit 320. Personally I'm the same as Axo since the positive reinforcement would encourage me to keep playing. People who are more purely loot-focused probably would stop playing earlier.

The deciding factor imo is that those people would go away happier which has value for future content releases. Their current mindset is still too penny smart and dollar dumb. Maybe that's part of their own "loot sine wave" since every time they've been too stingy it's met with community backlash that forces a move in the other direction.

VoG had #Forever29 so CE had "smart-ish" loot. KF's Challenge Mode is a pretty obvious correction for KF's poor table and the limitations of infusion. Even so, they haven't fully embraced a spirit of loot generosity. One of my biggest hopes for Destiny 2 is they actually listen to the Diablo 3 developers and get over this fear that everyone will quit when they hit level cap AND that would be a bad thing if it
happens.

I don't begrudge them being conservative with loot and the economy to start, but they don't do anything to correct it. Bungie abandoned the live game during House of Wolves, to concentrate on Taken King. It feels like they've abandoned the game again.

Challenge mode may have helped King's Fall's awful loot system, but 320 artifacts every week is laughable.

I don't need new content. I play Destiny with friends. But it'd be nice if the content I shared with them was rewarding for our time.

I think Bungie is still terrified of this beast they've created.

First two games i played of this IB so far, two losses. And im in a gaf train. Off to a great start.

Edit: if Destiny 2 achieves all of this^^ john we are all doomed.

Tri4

Yeah the lag today was awful. Games were so smooth just yesterday too.

And teabaggers seem to be on the rise. I hate not getting the last laugh

todd360

Nami, I had an idea at work today. Why wake up to go to work at 6am so I can play long division with you at 2 when I can wake up and play with you from 7am-8:35am and then be home at 5 lol.

Axoman

VoG had #Forever29 so CE had "smart-ish" loot. KF's Challenge Mode is a pretty obvious correction for KF's poor table and the limitations of infusion. Even so, they haven't fully embraced a spirit of loot generosity. One of my biggest hopes for Destiny 2 is they actually listen to the Diablo 3 developers and get over this fear that everyone will quit when they hit level cap AND that would be a bad thing if it happens.

Personally I've never done this combo but if what deadduck says is true then glitch seems appropriate (i.e. other people still see you in SS animation)

I feel special being quoted twice in one Drizzy post!

Bungie’s MO from the beginning has been to slow progress. They have an unfounded fear that raining loot will lose players.

In year 1, we had 4 armor pieces that controlled our light level. In year 2, we have 10! Why do you think that is? In pre-TTK launch interviews, Bungie explained the new light system as allowing you to play a bit and always get a piece of gear to make you more powerful. You could get one single higher attack/defense item and raise your overall light level. People praised Bungie. But, this system only works well until you start to get around 290 overall light and falls apart.

The real reason they changed it was so that we now have 10 items to chase for max light.

Adding light level to weapons does two things:
• Adds a large penalty for using the fun and powerful year 1 weapons
• Adds three more max light items needed to reach level cap

Adding light levels to class items only hurts in my opinion, as many great looking year 1 items can no longer be worn outside of patrol.

People always wanted more ghosts, but nobody asked for a light value to be added to the different looking ghosts.

Artifacts, to me, serve no purpose other than another slot to max. Although, I do switch some around based on the INT/DISC/STR distribution I’m going for, so I guess that’s a bonus. I get 6 320 artifacts a week now, so I guess it is a moot point.

With TTK, Bungie knew there was going to be a large content drought and had to come up with a system in their mind that would keep people playing as long as possible. But, I think all it’s done is upset a majority of the player base.

I feel the system would work if they provided us with a plentiful source of 320 items and changed infusion to be 100% instead of the partial percentages we get now.

Destiny is fun enough to play on its own, I don’t need artificial barriers to keep me playing.

Top Bottom