• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I really like my Glass Promontory for IB with Shortgaze, Snapshot and Hidden Hand. And Performance Bonus as a ..... bonus.

I used to love The Eye of Sol in Y1 but I still haven't had a Promontory with HH so RIP the dream. My plan of buying engrams from Rahool for a snapshot/HH 1000yd only yields Havoc Pigeons as well

Trials tonight i'm guessing we'll start to see repeat maps from now on Exodus Blue would be nice

maomaoIYP

I used to love The Eye of Sol in Y1 but I still haven't had a Promontory with HH so RIP the dream. My plan of buying engrams from Rahool for a snapshot/HH 1000yd only yields Havoc Pigeons as well

Trials tonight i'm guessing we'll start to see repeat maps from now on Exodus Blue would be nice
Agreed with exodus blue. We still haven't played Vertigo though, which could bring a nice mix of shotties and snipers.

todd360

I got a havoc pigeon last time I tried for a god roll 1000 yard stare too. Conspiracy?

Rahool can't keep getting away with this gif.

Edit: Does anyone even have a god roll for that gun? I feel like someone would have bragged about one by now here. That gun is broken enough as it is without hidden hand.

I got a havoc pigeon last time I tried for a god roll 1000 yard stare too. Conspiracy?

Edit: Does anyone even have a god roll for that gun? I feel like someone would have bragged about one by now here. That gun is broken enough as it is without hidden hand.
My friend has an amazing roll. Hidden Hand, Shortgaze, and Last Resort. He said it took around a 1000 legendary marks to get.

Frenden

Banned
Rift was totally worth it.

CZ4FTJlWkAAOUSp.jpg:large

I've got Shortgaze, underdog, QuickDraw and Hidden Hand.

CSW0UkiWoAAvRuW.png

aarcane

Nice, I don't have a Y2 Thunderlord.

Is Alchemist's Raiment any good? I'm finally leveling my warlock and titan and I'm collecting all their exotics now.

Frenden

Banned
IB Rank 5 (x3 Characters) Loot

* 320 Gauntlets
* 310 Diedre's Retort (bad roll)
* 314 Helm (bad roll)

God, this game is miserly. Imagine getting, like, three decent items out of each R5 package instead of the usual--one item that's nothing of value. I imagine a lot more folks would play IB.

Yea seriously. It's actually pretty fun on maps not named Memento and Cathedral, so far. Oh and the bridge map that was Trials a few weeks back when you, Drizz and Mao came back on Final Boss down 0-4.

Can't wait either.

I haven't raged this much in Destiny ever.

Agreed. Memento and Cathedral are just terrible maps and rift just highlights it. There shouldn't be a map where one spawn is objectively better than the other

Rift is pure trash. I have played more Rift than I ever have this week and I can safely say that it is utter shit.

While I'm not saying that rift is a great mode or that the maps are well designed for it (Fuck cathedral and frontier), the point of rift is to communicate in getting and dunking the spark.

I don't get why people make absurd posts like 'oh we got 20 more kills but we lost cause the opponents kept on getting the spark'.

That's the whole point of the game mode. You're not playing clash. Your kills or kdr are irrelevant. Play the mode like it's designed to be played :p

might want to edit that unless you dont care we know your real name :p

Come at me bro

While I'm not saying that rift is a great mode or that the maps are well designed for it (Fuck cathedral and frontier), the point of rift is to communicate in getting and dunking the spark.

I don't get why people make absurd posts like 'oh we got 20 more kills but we lost cause the opponents kept on getting the spark'.

That's the whole point of the game mode. You're not playing clash. Your kills or kdr are irrelevant. Play the mode like it's designed to be played :p

Its shit Ruth

Rift's been a total blast for me this IB, and I usually don't play PvP.
With a great team (<3 DGAF) and proper communication, it brings back good ol' UT CTF memories.
Map design can suck for Rift fo sho. :/
But overall, it's a great mode.
Too bad a lot of people play it like it's Clash.
R
edit: I'll play IB after lunch. In 3-ish hrs.
I'm having a day off from work. SoGood.gif

Its shit Ruth

As is a lot of stuff in the game. My point was, making a complaint about losing because you're playing the mode wrong is just stupid :p

Rift's been a total blast for me this IB, and I usually don't play PvP.
With a great team (<3 DGAF) and proper communication, it brings back good ol' UT CTF memories.
Map design can suck for Rift fo sho. :/
But overall, it's a great mode.
Too bad a lot of people play it like it's Clash.

Yup, we had so many consecutive games where we all communicated well and won each game. Every mode has issues and complaints like lag, bad spawns, map design etc are valid, but learn to play the mode for what it is if you want to win, simple as that.

Matt Frost

Guys and gals, I need help deciding on what Colovane scout rifle to max out, one with third eye but almost no balance or the one they sell at the tower? Both are pretty good and cant decide... Any tips?

haha, first game of IB today with randoms. Mercy'd the other team.

Why? cause 3 of us got the spark and dunked it while the other team was busy sniping and running after heavy ammo :p

maomaoIYP

haha, first game of IB today with randoms. Mercy'd the other team.

Why? cause 3 of us got the spark and dunked it while the other team was busy sniping and running after heavy ammo :p
Haha nice! Rift is the only 6v6 mode where I can literally carry the whole team for wins (my score record is 14880), but the inherent design of rift really needs some work. I'm not sure if I should like it or hate it.

Haha nice! Rift is the only 6v6 mode where I can literally carry the whole team for wins (my score record is 14880), but the inherent design of rift really needs some work. I'm not sure if I should like it or hate it.

It's definitely the worst mode to play with randoms, especially on maps like cathedral and frontier...so hate it, but for the right reasons :p

Namikaze1

Gonna be looking for folks to team up with for the beta soon.

It's definitely the worst mode to play with randoms, especially on maps like cathedral and frontier...so hate it, but for the right reasons :p
IB Rift made me hate Cathedral a lot more than before. It's just too big of a map for this.

Top Bottom