• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

SheHateMe

Question before I do this: how sane is it of me to drop 250 Motes for DO to get the Hung Jury?

Because uh.... I want it, but I'm too deep into NM to go back. My alt has some rep for DO.

EDIT: I only have 288 Motes total.

Question before I do this: how sane is it of me to drop 250 Motes for DO to get the Hung Jury?

Because uh.... I want it, but I'm too deep into NM to go back. My alt has some rep for DO.

Hung Jury is arguably the best legendary primary for pve, especially the vendor version. Just buy it from DO for 150 marks.

SheHateMe

Hung Jury is arguably the best legendary primary for pve, especially the vendor version. Just buy it from DO for 150 marks.

Oh, I know that.

But I have zero rep in DO. 250 Motes gets me the Rank 3 rep I need for it.

Question is, do I drop said motes? LOL

Well, sanity and destiny do not go along, so....

I love my hung jury. Do you have any other alts? Motes of light do come along easily now. I would say go for it. Join the madness

Logging on now.

Anyone else feel like helping out with a spindle run?

You can join us.

Nice! I'm online now and still have you on my friend's list from when you helped me run the Vault of Glass for the first time (PSN: JackScofield). Just send me a message when you're ready. I'll be on for another 45 minutes or so.

EDIT: 45 minutes, not 4.

I didn't have a helmet with discipline on it, which I use to max out the recharge rate for invis smoke bombs.

Smoke bombs are the Nightstalker melee ability so you need 300+ Strength to max the recharge rate.

Oh, I know that.

But I have zero rep in DO. 250 Motes gets me the Rank 3 rep I need for it.

Question is, do I drop said motes? LOL

Do you still have Ascendant/Radiant material stock piles you could convert? 250 motes isn't a big deal imo, motes are really just for leveling faction rep and equipment XP anyway. Personally I've put a few thousand motes into faction rank ups, gotten all the shaders and emblems by now plus a couple ships.

However... fwiw I'm not crazy about Hung Jury. I mean it's a great PvE primary but I personally don't enjoy using it so it hasn't gotten a ton of active time even though I infused it to 313.

Chucker

looool. Who's the guy who asks for a Spindle run, has two responses and then the other two hook up and leave me behind.

This guy. :(

Edit: Would anybody else like to go?

Nice! I'm online now and still have you on my friend's list from when you helped me run the Vault of Glass for the first time (PSN: JackScofield). Just send me a message when you're ready. I'll be on for another 45 minutes or so.

EDIT: 45 minutes, not 4.

I'm ready but we'll need a third.

looool. Who's the guy who asks for a Spindle run, has two responses and then the other two hook up and leave me behind.

Join. PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Just played 15 elimination games and won 11 of them with my buddies. Currently enjoying 3v3 for Destiny because 6v6 is retarded with the current maps and players.

SheHateMe

Smoke bombs are the Nightstalker melee ability so you need 300+ Strength to max the recharge rate.

Do you still have Ascendant/Radiant material stock piles you could convert? 250 motes isn't a big deal imo, motes are really just for leveling faction rep and equipment XP anyway. Personally I've put a few thousand motes into faction rank ups, gotten all the shaders and emblems by now plus a couple ships.

However... fwiw I'm not crazy about Hung Jury. I mean it's a great PvE primary but I personally don't enjoy using it so it hasn't gotten a ton of active time even though I infused it to 313.

I still might do it, just for collection sake.

At NF boss. One spot.

Thanks for the quick run, LT! Imago Loop get! Rangefinder, Reactive Reload, and Smallbore.

Eh.

WipedOut

Literally got paid in loot tonight. First Hard Mode run paid off in spades.

Totems - 303 fusion - eh
Warpriest challenge - 320 RL, 318 Yasmin with firefly, 310 RL
Golgoroth - 315 boots and Pants.

Oh and a black spindle from earlier in the day. Guess Bungie wants me to keep playing on PS4.

Still searching for that ghost though

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just need 320 boots to enter the cool kids club where Luke is swimming in vanilla pepsi buck nekkid and Deej is playing the piano in a white suit.

T-44

Neo Member
Anybody need a NF run? I've done it twice and someone other than me had gotten imago loop each time so I will bring you good luck

Raven117

I wouldn't. While it is a great gun...there is simply no reason to blow through that many motes when bungie will announce new content at some point. In other words, unless you just have to have it. Save your materials. Bungie changes the rules of the game on you

Strength for Melee makes sense.

Discipline...now things get wonky. How does being more disciplined give you more grenades. Does a Guardians grenade come into reality the more focused and disciplined they are? What other abilities does having Discipline grant them if they can create grenades from their mind.

And if having Discipline makes grenades come into existence faster, what's the deal with intelligence. The smarter a Guardian is, the faster they can hone their energies to unleash their strongest ability? But wouldn't this invariably be tied to Discipline? Shouldn't Discipline and Intellect be switched if that's the case, since to create something from nothing would require intelligence, not discipline? And in order to hone their power to unleash a super, they would require more discipline for that?

The system truly is broken.

Just got "An Answering Chord" auto rifle from a blue engram which seems like it could be pretty good, but I don't know the good perks too well.

Hammer Forged
Injection Mold
Persistence

Any experts here?

EDIT: Also got a shader. Never got one from the Cryptarch before.

SheHateMe

I wouldn't. While it is a great gun...there is simply no reason to blow through that many motes when bungie will announce new content at some point. In other words, unless you just have to have it. Save your materials. Bungie changes the rules of the game on you

I thought about this as well.

I'm still holding on to a Gunsmith package for the Tuonela, hoping it'll match the Triple Tap/Firefly combo. I've got one already that's just Firefly and Rescue Mag.

We'll see, now that I've got this new HC to play around with.

Strength for Melee makes sense.

Discipline...now things get wonky. How does being more disciplined give you more grenades. Does a Guardians grenade come into reality the more focused and disciplined they are? What other abilities does having Discipline grant them if they can create grenades from their mind.

And if having Discipline makes grenades come into existence faster, what's the deal with intelligence. The smarter a Guardian is, the faster they can hone their energies to unleash their strongest ability? But wouldn't this invariably be tied to Discipline? Shouldn't Discipline and Intellect be switched if that's the case, since to create something from nothing would require intelligence, not discipline? And in order to hone their power to unleash a super, they would require more discipline for that?

The system truly is broken.
In that case, why not just renamed to two traits? It could be argued that something like Persistence and Clarity would be better descriptions for abilities ties to Discipline and Intellect

Grrrr. Stop talking about that hand cannon that you may or not get on the nightfall.

Or I will rgn curse you all to get ghost shels.

Oh wait....

ch4fx_

That certainly wasn't my intention man, nor was it done on purpose. Usernames didn't match up, so I didn't think much about who I was joining. Either way, I am sorry about that & I hope you were able to find a group.

Top Bottom