• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

So glad i only do nightfalls for a chance at an exotic. Trying to build up shards so I can do some glass needles stuff or whatever it is. My three rewards for this week were;
293 ghost
294 ghost
295 boots with fusion rifle perks.

Asked earlier but didn't get a response, do the perks on this "An Answering Chord" auto rifle seem good/worth using?

Hammer Forged
Injection Mold
Persistence

Namikaze1

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahahha

So a random and I got matched up with a fireteam in Doubles.

We won 2130 to 160. We mercy ruled them.

They only got one kill on us and that was at the start of the match. After that, the random and I just complete dominated. He would have a k/d of 7.0 and I with 11.0

Namikaze1

Random sent me a message:

GG :)

It was a good game. Quick one too. Grimoire card unlocked. Now have to wait for this other one to pop up since it glitched out on me like Doubles did.

Asked earlier but didn't get a response, do the perks on this "An Answering Chord" auto rifle seem good/worth using?

Hammer Forged
Injection Mold
Persistence

Decent perks on a mediocre gun. The high impact AR archetype isn't great and has slower ttk than the Arminius style bullet hoses. Persistence also isn't ideal for low RoF, smaller magazine guns. It's also one of those perks that's hard to identify what, if any, difference it's making.

If you want to try a high impact AR give it a spin but don't expect fireworks. Look for a Red Spectre drop from Crucible if you're lucky, that's a better AR option.

Anybody want to guess the AR with the fastest TTK?
Namichasm.

Edit: remember that, thanks to Suros, the high impact ARs were nerfed harder than the lower impact ones.

Decent perks on a mediocre gun. The high impact AR archetype isn't great and has slower ttk than the Arminius style bullet hoses. Persistence also isn't ideal for low RoF, smaller magazine guns. It's also one of those perks that's hard to identify what, if any, difference it's making.

If you want to try a high impact AR give it a spin but don't expect fireworks. Look for a Red Spectre drop from Crucible if you're lucky, that's a better option.

Anybody want to guess the AR with the fastest TTK?
Namichasm.

Edit: remember that, thanks to Suros, the high impact ARs were nerfed harder than the lower impact ones.

Thanks for that. I guess I will stick with my Doctrine Passing then. Just didn't want to waste time levelling it up if it wasn't anything special.

Be nice if there was a spreadsheet somewhere that showed each type of weapon and wht to look for etc. The epic combinations and what not.

Have you had a look at todays Arminus-D rolls? The third one seems good..

Raxious

Got to lvl 22 yesterday. Still enjoying the game a lot, and for some reason I had a Monte Carlo in my inventory. Though I'm starting to notice that the missions are getting pretty tough :(

Light level is 137

Have you had a look at todays Arminus-D rolls? The third one seems good..

I haven't looked at anything in Destiny since Friday night, lol. Just landed at the airport though so I'll be back in action very soon!

Excited for our delayed reset raids in ~4 hours now. I'll use Graves characters for at least one run, maybe two.

I haven't looked at anything in Destiny since Friday night, lol. Just landed at the airport though so I'll be back in action very soon!

Excited for our delayed reset raids in ~4 hours now. I'll use Graves characters for at least one run, maybe two.

Enjoying building up new characters?
Its pretty fun and helps alleviate burnout. Its like there is a goal and purpose in the game again.

I wish it snowed here. As much as driving sucks, nothing beats a nice snowy day.

That feel when you have to shovel snow for 2 plus hours in the morning and work is still open.

Also there is a power outage affecting. 1600 plus residents. And not one if them us my place of employment.

Aaaagh!

E92 M3

That feel when you have to shovel snow for 2 plus hours in the morning and work is still open.

Also there is a power outage affecting. 1600 plus residents. And not one if them us my place of employment.

Aaaagh!

When it snows I just work from home, but know the feeling of having to shovel early in the morning.

Of course, nothing was better than waking up and having a snow day for school. Good old times for sure.

When it snows I just work from home, but know the feeling of having to shovel early in the morning.

Of course, nothing was better than waking up and having a snow day for school. Good old times for sure.

Omg the feels. When your mom wakes you up for school just to let you know its closed.
Sooo good

Threw this up on Reddit, because why not:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...bungie_when_balancing_weapons_do_you_look_at/

Bungie, when balancing weapons do you look at player opinions at all? Or just your stats and charts? Because it certainly seems like only the latter.

I understand that you have access to more data than any other person on here, and that's great for you. But it seems like every time you make a balance change, it's because you saw on a chart that some class or weapon type didn't have as much of the pie chart as it's counterparts.

We've had the playerbase apathetic towards fusion rifles for a year now, and yet you seem to keep nerfing them. Why? When you do stuff like that, we feel like you're ignoring us and the player opinion portion of the equation.

You are not always right. You are not 100% perfect. That's fine. We (as a playerbase) certainly aren't either. But when almost everyone here says how much fusion rifles suck, and you tell us we're wrong. You come off as a little kid with your fingers in your ears yelling "I'm not listening, I'm not listening!"

Fix your shit.

Your last line might not go so well with reddit.

Probably not. I don't really expect the thread to gain any traction. I'm just frustrated.

It hit me this morning that I don't think Bungie has ever once mentioned player opinion when talking about making a balance change. In fact, I've only seen the opposite where they say something is not as bad as the players think it is. Or something is better than players think it is.

Really makes Bungie look like they're way to arrogant.

flkraven

keyboard-cat-o.gif

Mindlog

Besides sniping people, one of the things I love most about the game is getting low levels/lights something of worth. Carried a 270 to getting his black spindle and he also got the ship on first try. Best way to describe it is some guy wearing walmart clothes but sporting a 20k rolex. That black spindle is the rolex in the sea of all the blue gear he has. Thanks for the help mindlog, couldn't have done it without you.
As always, happy to help. The lower light player did very well by contributing as much as possible while not dying. Ship on the first try was appropriate.
:TwoThumbsUp

I like fusion rifles. I've started infusing random ones because A) Why not? B) Getting tired of shotguns C) I miss using Fusion Rifles.

:TwoThumbsUp

I like fusion rifles. I've started infusing random ones because A) Why not? B) Getting tired of shotguns C) I miss using Fusion Rifles.

I really miss my Plan C.

I used that thing crazy amounts back before Dark Below. When shotguns got better, I knew that if I wanted to, I could go back to my Plan C. I would even use it every so often just for a change of flavor.

I can't do that anymore. That weapon is a travesty now. I'd rather use a sidearm (hey look, another weapon type that's practically worthless that Bungie doesn't seem to care about...).

ethomaz

Banned
Armsday suggestions...

Arminius-D Roll 2: SC Holo, Crowd Control, Rangefinder and Fitted Stock
Uffern HC4 Roll 2: Sureshot IS, LitC, Rifled Barrel and Firefly * I wanted Outlaw :(
Uzume RR4: Terrible perks... I can't even talk abut it (I sharded).

I need to shift char to post the others weapons and choices.

bitsurugi

Enjoying building up new characters?
Its pretty fun and helps alleviate burnout. Its like there is a goal and purpose in the game again.

Heh, ever since i started to fool around with my alt account... i had a blast. Destiny could really test out seasons / seasonal characters or prestige levels (total wipe out if you dare). You are sooo happy when you get a random exotic or... a strange coin :) Or finally level up to rank 3 a faction.

Also: new characters have a really hard time getting planetary mterials, weapon parts or armor parts :)

I'm sitting at 299 and haven't done the raid yet. Would like to get in on one sometime this week if possible

Honestly with a good group and a little loot luck you could jump right into Hard Mode. Although it'd be more fun to start with Normal if you don't mind getting lower light gear.

Top Bottom