• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

So I picked this up recently at the behest of this girl I am seeing so we could play together, which is awesome in its own right.

I played the Alpha/beta whatever and thought it was so terrible, I never even considered picking it up.

The range of content in Destiny, even today, is unbelievable. I can understand why they give the boosts to 25 when you get the TTK bundle, because vanilla stuff is terrible, like TERRIBLE, Dark Below is a little better, House of Wolves is actually interesting, and TTK is really, really good.

Like, it completely blows my mind how different the content is. When we first started playing I was like, this? Really? Ugh.

But the more I played, it became way more enjoyable. Now, for the most part, I really like it and am glad I picked it up.

But to you guys that have played since launch, and paid so much more money for me over time, I respect you guys. A lot!

What is it about The Crucible dropping me in a match, on the losing team, that's half-way over? It happened 4 times last night. On top of that, I couldn't find a decent team in Rift.

Gug.

So I picked this up recently at the behest of this girl I am seeing so we could play together, which is awesome in its own right.

I played the Alpha/beta whatever and thought it was so terrible, I never even considered picking it up.

The range of content in Destiny, even today, is unbelievable. I can understand why they give the boosts to 25 when you get the TTK bundle, because vanilla stuff is terrible, like TERRIBLE, Dark Below is a little better, House of Wolves is actually interesting, and TTK is really, really good.

Like, it completely blows my mind how different the content is. When we first started playing I was like, this? Really? Ugh.

But the more I played, it became way more enjoyable. Now, for the most part, I really like it and am glad I picked it up.

But to you guys that have played since launch, and paid so much more money for me over time, I respect you guys. A lot!

Welcome to the fray and dgaf. And respect isnt the word i would use. Lets see.....
Aww. Pity. Thats the word im looking for.

Also playing with your lady is awesome. I got a second ps4 to play with my wife.

Lima

Honestly with a good group and a little loot luck you could jump right into Hard Mode. Although it'd be more fun to start with Normal if you don't mind getting lower light gear.

Nah the start is 300. War priest is 310 which he is only 11 light levels below. No reason at all to play normal mode.

Future

Well, the other problem is we don't know all the data that is being used. It can be scary to only rely on data if the picture is incomplete. Feedback is what gives you insight into some of the things that aren't being tracked.

You don't really want bungie to ignore data you can't see based on the perception of a few people though. Nor are they obligated to show us more data

I think the problem is they are slow to change shit. They fix things like cheating the SRL bounty book in days, but they take months to adjust balance.

They mentioned awhile back they think of destiny pvp like seasons in a sport, and they like certain guns having their day in the son for awhile. They are not interested in responding to balance complaints immediately on would rather sit on multiple changes, and potentially shift the entire meta every few months

This wouldn't be so bad if there were rankings to chase after or something in between. But when pending balancing changes are all you are looking forward too it's easy to get impatient

Deku Tree

I remember playing with some people who had real addiction issues with it. I humbly suggest to anyone playing this game to just be aware of this.

One of the moments that comes to mind was when I was playing with two other guys and one guy was complaining that he might have to stop playing because it was his daughter's birthday and she was cutting the cake. He didn't stop playing though. Running into folks like that was not uncommon...

Anyone ever play Destiny with someone who has addiction issues like that? (That was not posted by me, just trying to determine if this is really a thing.)

deadfolk

As a very casual player who picked up the original with season pass on PS4 at launch, and who has only played a handful of hours, I have a question:

If I want to start to play the game a bit more now (mostly solo) is it important that I grab Taken King while it's on sale?

Deku Tree

As a very casual player who picked up the original with season pass on PS4 at launch, and who has only played a handful of hours, I have a question:

If I want to start to play the game a bit more now (mostly solo) is it important that I grab Taken King while it's on sale?

It's a good idea to do so, yes. Without TTK you can't progress beyond level 34. There is a lot of good solo content in TTK. And you might change your mind about only playing solo later on too.

If you buy ttk on its own it's 40 bucks. I believe you can get the whole thing now for 35 bucks on sale at retail.

Mindlog

Sounds like we have 3 people down right now, just need 3 more for HM Daughters/Oryx
Think it's full, but if not I am in.

I would say it's almost crucial. The legendary mark economy is crippled without TKK.

GlamFM

Banned
Getting there...

BQL287F.jpg

Let's start right now, based on the people who commented the HM Daughter/Oryx run will include

1. Darryl M R
2. Macello
3. Deku
4. Rasengan
5. D_psipher
6. Mindlog

Let's start now, I'm online and will be in orbit soon

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
yoooooooo...hold dem HM WP CM raids til Im off from work...
I mean it..

: (

Yep, thanks to a bunch of DGaffers. Too many to name. I did alright last night until I hit Golgoroth, Had three alcolytes hit me with boomer shots at the same time. Squish.

Still need a ghost! Sitting on a 278, you know when you want NF to give you something good it gives you a ghost. When you want it to give you a ghost it give you an SRL Horn kit instead. Working as intended.

hahahaha yea, I haven't done a non-challenge for maybe a month and I forgot getting nothing even exists when we beat Golgy last night. I was like oh yea this is why I don't bother doing the rest of the raid anymore.

Let's start right now, based on the people who commented the HM Daughter/Oryx run will include

1. Darryl M R
2. Macello
3. Deku
4. Rasengan
5. D_psipher
6. Mindlog

Let's start now, I'm online and will be in orbit soon

first hard mode clear! Thanks everybody!
got a hallowed helmet for my hunter (311... smh)
got a 318 scout too!

lnkn, i'll be sending you a PM :D
oh, and my username is in the process of being updated to my PSN. do you think the Guardian Lord list can be updated to reflect my pending name change?

Top Bottom