• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I would much rather they make changes based off of actual... you know, data. Not opinions.

There is a lot of bad opinions floating out around there with nothing to back them up.

They never said "ALRIGHT. WE'RE DONE. THE GAME IS BALANCED." This is just a patch. More will come. They can't change everything all at once. Changing too many variables is not a good idea. Pretty sure their data shows that most people will not give up sniper/shotgun for fusion. Just because they haven't done something about it now doesn't mean they won't in the future.

I don't really rush to defend Bungie and all of their BS. But telling them to ignore data in favor of player opinions is a bit shortsighted.

flkraven

I would much rather they make changes based off of actual... you know, data. Not opinions.

There is a lot of bad opinions floating out around there with nothing to back them up.

They never said "ALRIGHT. WE'RE DONE. THE GAME IS BALANCED." This is just a patch. More will come. They can't change everything all at once. Changing too many variables is not a good idea. Pretty sure their data shows that most people will not give up sniper/shotgun for fusion. Just because they haven't done something about it now doesn't mean they won't in the future.

I don't really rush to defend Bungie and all of their BS. But telling them to ignore data in favor of player opinions is a bit shortsighted.

The problem is that their data frequently leads them astray. They blindly follow it, and push through ham-fisted solutions that frequently go overboard. Rather than nerfing something, why not buff it's natural 'predator'? If something went too far, why not just reverse the change and try again with a smaller increment? It always feels like Bungie turns 1 dial way too far, and instead of turning it back and trying again, they turn 35 other dials that just makes everything messed up. You are finally left with a clusterfuck, and the game feels completely different from the one you've fallen in love with.

What data shows that sidearms/fusion rifles have any real utility for the most part? Why not just make the game snipers/shotguns only and be done with it.

I sat on my eirene ever since I missed ordering a package before the LITC one waiting for a great roll. Today, there's unflinching with Quickdraw. Not bad. If it was snapshot I'd go crazy but since I don't have an eirene yet nor a sniper with unflinching (I still can't believe I've yet to get a single 1KYS to drop or decrypt after all this time), I'll probably bite and put another order in.

Still sitting on lyumedia since day 1 it was available.

E92 M3

I sat on my eirene ever since I missed ordering a package before the LITC one waiting for a great roll. Today, there's unflinching with Quickdraw. Not bad. If it was snapshot I'd go crazy but since I don't have an eirene yet nor a sniper with unflinching (I still can't believe I've yet to get a single 1KYS to drop or decrypt after all this time), I'll probably bite and put another order in.

I have a rocket launcher I've been sitting on for weeks as well lol

LTWood12

Anyone get a decent Imago roll last night?
FN0jw7Tl.jpg

Trakan

Why? There was a godroll a couple weeks back with hand-laid stock and counterbalance.

E92 M3

Oh to have desirable guns like the Fatebringer again. I remember when I got mine. It was rather satisfying after 6 months of nothing.

Enjoying building up new characters?
Its pretty fun and helps alleviate burnout. Its like there is a goal and purpose in the game again.

Honestly I've had a lot of fun with it, although it is a lot of work/time. It's also SUPER disorienting to play on someone else's account after being used to my character for a few thousand hours, haha. It felt almost like a little "Destiny test" to see how well you understand the games systems. But it felt so good that there was always both a clear path forward and positive reinforcement from the game.

It helps you appreciate all the great things TTK got right in the early-mid game, when everyone was so jazzed on the expansion. Then I ran my first KF on Hard and only increased two measley light outside the guaranteed CM loot. And I started to remember why everyone soured on the endgame so hard, lol.

It was great to make such quick progress, from Lv32 144 LL to Lv40 313 LL in 48 hours. That never would've happened without a ton of support throughout the community, apologies if I forget anyone:

LTWood, Mass Appeal and Luft
the Lovable Lurker
all generously donated Red Bull codes. Many Gaffers helped carry a ~285 guardian through the Golgoroth CM, then the rest of KF. Wicked and Rubenov stayed up an extra hour at the end of their Trials shift to help me get him to Mercury. Postmaster had this from the big chest:

Most generously, Unstable carried me through a ton of early game stuff for XP, Marks, quests, Nightfalls etc including a super heavy Spindle carry:

As if that wasn't enough, he actually bought GRX a copy of Taken King so he would have his own copy when he got back. I'd been playing Grave's account on my copy of TTK but obviously that wouldn't be possible for long. It also let us do the RaF for the leveling boost and extra loot. High Five indeed!

***Tis the season DGAF! Seasons blessings to you all.***

edit2: fixed

LTWood12

Is the Imago Loop grind really that worth it, when The Vanity is pretty close and just sitting there at FWC?

It can roll w/ outlaw/firefly.

It looks like Fatebringer.

It sounds like Fatebringer.

Imago Loops base range is 53% higher than the Vanity, and range is critical on Hand Cannons. I like the Vanity, and the vendor roll is especially fun. But it has no range boosting perks which kind of stinks.

The problem is that their data frequently leads them astray. They blindly follow it, and push through ham-fisted solutions that frequently go overboard. Rather than nerfing something, why not buff it's natural 'predator'? If something went too far, why not just reverse the change and try again with a smaller increment? It always feels like Bungie turns 1 dial way too far, and instead of turning it back and trying again, they turn 35 other dials that just makes everything messed up. You are finally left with a clusterfuck, and the game feels completely different from the one you've fallen in love with.

What data shows that sidearms/fusion rifles have any real utility for the most part? Why not just make the game snipers/shotguns only and be done with it.

That is a completely different argument though. I was saying I would rather they use actual data to reference, not player opinions. You are saying they execute poorly on the data they have.

And I agree, what they do with the data is poorly executed. Ham-fisted is a great way to summarize it.

I think they should absolutely use actual data to determine how the game is being played, what is working, what isn't, etc. How they have chosen to act upon it has been rather poor.

It is how we ended up in this watered down soupy mess in PvP. Everything feels lackluster.

Honestly I've had a lot of fun with it, although it is a lot of work/time. It's also SUPER disorienting to play on someone else's account after being used to my character for a few thousand hours, haha. It felt almost like a little "Destiny test" to see how well you understand the games systems. But it felt so good that there was always both a clear path forward and positive reinforcement from the game.

It helps you appreciate all the great things TTK got right in the early-mid game, when everyone was so jazzed on the expansion. Then I ran my first KF on Hard and only increased two measley light outside the guaranteed CM loot. And I started to remember why everyone soured on the endgame so hard, lol.

It was great to make such quick progress, from Lv32 144 LL to Lv40 313 LL in 48 hours. That never would've happened without a ton of support throughout the community, apologies if I forget anyone:

LTWood, Mass Appeal and Luft
the Lovable Lurker
all generously donated Red Bull codes. Many Gaffers helped carry a ~285 guardian through the Golgoroth CM, then the rest of KF. Wicked and Rubenov stayed up an extra hour at the end of their Trials shift to help me get him to Mercury. Postmaster had this from the big chest:

Most generously, Unstable carried me through a ton of early game stuff for XP, Marks, quests, Nightfalls etc including a super heavy Spindle carry:

As if that wasn't enough, he actually bought GRX a copy of Taken King so he would have his own copy when he got back. I'd been playing Grave's account on my copy of TTK but obviously that wouldn't be possible for long. It also let us do the RaF for the leveling boost and extra loot. High Five indeed!

***Tis the season DGAF! Seasons blessings to you all.***

edit2: fixed

That's pretty awesome of everyone. DGAF = BEST. Helping people out when I'm able to is always what I love doing, so it fits naturally with the mindset of the crux of this community (my English sucks, so pardon if that isn't a well written sentence. I'm always open to improve so feel free to correct me haha)

Also, before you asked me why I went over to XBox. You kind of see part of that reason now :p

There's a great feeling when leveling up new characters. It's fun playing with no subclass, like a superhero that lost their abilities and slowly gaining them back. It's also fun getting weapons/gear constantly that help you or are viable. The combination is great. It also helps when you know the best ways to level up. But above all else, the help of DGAF.

WipedOut just joined PS4 on Friday, and last night he hit 305ish. Joined hard raid on late 295ish. I don't know many people that would be willing to have a < 300 for a hard raid haha.

flkraven

That is a completely different argument though. I was saying I would rather they use actual data to reference, not player opinions. You are saying they execute poorly on the data they have.

And I agree, what they do with the data is poorly executed. Ham-fisted is a great way to summarize it.

I think they should absolutely use actual data to determine how the game is being played, what is working, what isn't, etc. How they have chosen to act upon it has been rather poor.

It is how we ended up in this watered down soupy mess in PvP. Everything feels lackluster.

Well, the other problem is we don't know all the data that is being used. It can be scary to only rely on data if the picture is incomplete. Feedback is what gives you insight into some of the things that aren't being tracked.

Holy crap. Kadey, I just NOW got your response to my message about doing a Trials run w/me and Nami from Monday. Good freaking job PSN. Sorry about that.

WipedOut

That's pretty awesome of everyone. DGAF = BEST. Helping people out when I'm able to is always what I love doing, so it fits naturally with the mindset of the crux of this community (my English sucks, so pardon if that isn't a well written sentence. I'm always open to improve so feel free to correct me haha)

Also, before you asked me why I went over to XBox. You kind of see part of that reason now :p

There's a great feeling when leveling up new characters. It's fun playing with no subclass, like a superhero that lost their abilities and slowly gaining them back. It's also fun getting weapons/gear constantly that help you or are viable. The combination is great. It also helps when you know the best ways to level up. But above all else, the help of DGAF.

WipedOut just joined PS4 on Friday, and last night he hit 305ish. Joined hard raid on late 295ish. I don't know many people that would be willing to have a < 300 for a hard raid haha.

Yep, thanks to a bunch of DGaffers. Too many to name. I did alright last night until I hit Golgoroth, Had three alcolytes hit me with boomer shots at the same time. Squish.

Still need a ghost! Sitting on a 278, you know when you want NF to give you something good it gives you a ghost. When you want it to give you a ghost it give you an SRL Horn kit instead. Working as intended.

SheHateMe

Anyone get a decent Imago roll last night?
FN0jw7Tl.jpg

I got Rangefinder, Reactive Reload, and Smallbore when I ran with you, LT.

It's basically the same stats as Ace Of Spades, but without Third Eye or Firefly, and with better range.

A LOT better range.

I may try again tonight to see what else I might get.

Drizzay
Twilight
Unstable

The dream team

Edit: man posting this really made me want to watch you guys playing trials together. Stabie and twilight gotta come back first though ;_;

Thanks man, I'm flattered. Honestly a lot of the experienced Gaf PvPers could do really well in tournaments like that if we/they bothered to practice and get involved. It wouldn't be hard, it's not like "Destiny Twitch celebrities" are real celebrities; you can always reach out and set up matches. Who knows, we'll see if there's any interest.

The only time me, TG and Stabie did Trials was way back on Black Shield in HoW. Iirc six games were 5-0 and the seventh was 5-3 vs a really good team, it was fun. Sadly, I'm pretty confident Twilight has been lost to Halo Forge for the time being. The good news is Unstable has started to get the itch again so I think Striker buffs and TLW viability might lure him back eventually.
Maybe I'll try to finagle him into some Doubles after our raids today...

Shiv47

Will Imago Loop drop only as a reward the first time you run this NF, or can it drop after the first run? I didn't get it on any of my three runs yesterday.

ethomaz

Banned
Armsday best choices...

Arminius-D Roll 2: SC Holo, Crowd Control, Rangefinder and Fitted Stock
Uffern HC4 Roll 2: Sureshot IS, LitC, Rifled Barrel and Firefly * I wanted Outlaw :(
Uzume RR4: Terrible perks... I can't even talk abut it (I sharded).

Herja-D Roll 2: Crowd control. Range finder, Hand Loaded/Reinforced Barrel
Eirene RR4 Roll 2: Faucon SS1, Outlaw, Quickdraw and Unflinching * near perfection for PVP

I need to check my Hunter yet ;)

Will Imago Loop drop only as a reward the first time you run this NF, or can it drop after the first run? I didn't get it on any of my three runs yesterday.
It is random so you can try how many times you want.
To be fair it can drop in two Strikes (even that low level) but Nightfall increase the chances.

rezn0r

38/50 Fragments on PS4. Need 7 more, Missing Agonarch Rune and a bunch of Court of Oryx.

I know it doesn't help much right now but I need the t3 CoO this week for my 45th & was planning on doing it when I got home tonight. I'd gladly do a bunch of other tiers for awhile if others were interested too. Would be after 6PM EST probably though.

WipedOut

I know it doesn't help much right now but I need the t3 CoO this week for my 45th & was planning on doing it when I got home tonight. I'd gladly do a bunch of other tiers for awhile if others were interested too. Would be after 6PM EST probably though.

I'm down, I don't have any antiquated ruins yet but have a bunch of stolens I need to charge up.

Add - PSN - W193D0UT

I also need to get one more from the Raid. I need the one that is right after the Ship Jumping Puzzle.

Top Bottom