• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Doll House Savannah is NO JOKE!

O1EAF8m.jpg

My daughter will LOVE it!

This was me last year. I'll have to grab a pic sometime. Nice job!

Deku Tree

first hard mode clear! Thanks everybody!
got a hallowed helmet for my hunter (311... smh)
got a 318 scout too!

lnkn, i'll be sending you a PM :D
oh, and my username is in the process of being updated to my PSN. do you think the Guardian Lord list can be updated to reflect my pending name change?

GG Rasengan! No one even knew you were a first timer!

Heh, ever since i started to fool around with my alt account... i had a blast. Destiny could really test out seasons / seasonal characters or prestige levels (total wipe out if you dare). You are sooo happy when you get a random exotic or... a strange coin :) Or finally level up to rank 3 a faction.

Also: new characters have a really hard time getting planetary mterials, weapon parts or armor parts :)

I agree with this. I've mostly been playing on XB1 recently with a brand new character and it's been fun building them back up and getting legendaries and exotics again. It's awesome when Xur comes again because he always has something I don't have and everything has value again. Seasons with season specific legendaries/exotics would really be awesome for Destiny. It would also help the old content have relevance again.

loki 16

I think I have a bug with shaxx's bountys were the main bounty is to complete the other bountys, but when I pick them up that bounty is completed and I get the reward. Is any body having this issue?

first hard mode clear! Thanks everybody!
got a hallowed helmet for my hunter (311... smh)
got a 318 scout too!

lnkn, i'll be sending you a PM :D
oh, and my username is in the process of being updated to my PSN. do you think the Guardian Lord list can be updated to reflect my pending name change?
I didn't know that or I would have booted you from the party! J/k. Sucks about my controller but we did it on the next try. Thanks for the patience!

Triple exotic get! Gauntlet engram from Shade and Alpha Lupi and Plan C from Oryx. Needed Plan C too!

Mindlog

Reported Rasengan for being new.
Reported Macello for stealing all of the exotics.
Reported RNG for giving me a second Hallowed 310 Class Item.

Report everybody!

Thanks for the run :]
I didn't know that or I would have booted you from the party! J/k. Sucks about my controller but we did it on the next try. Thanks for the patience.
The DS4 makes me 'game-angry' more than lag, players or even RNG.
The first few times I ran Relic when King's Fall released was flawless. I'd zip around the platforms and grab the Relic no problem. Then after a few weeks I started dying. I kept coming up short on platforms I had successfully jumped dozens of times. One time I quit running and jumped off the map while dodging bombs because my jets stayed on longer than they should have. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Then with SRL I noticed my times were much better when using my backup DS4 over my white DS4. Turns out even at full press it wasn't registering full throttle. Switched controllers and won every race.

I don't like the DS4 -_-
Reported.

Namikaze1

Alright, when Bungie announces Necrochasm 2.0, I would like to do the next OT after that announcement. I got a ton of stuff cooking up in the oven for that announcement.

rezn0r

The first few times I ran Relic when King's Fall released was flawless. I'd zip around the platforms and grab the Relic no problem. Then after a few weeks I started dying. I kept coming up short on platforms I had successfully jumped dozens of times. One time I quit running and jumped off the map while dodging bombs because my jets stayed on longer than they should have. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Then with SRL I noticed my times were much better when using my backup DS4 over my white DS4. Turns out even at full press it wasn't registering full throttle. Switched controllers and won every race.

I don't like the DS4 -_-
Reported.

Their build quality sucks. If you feel like putting effort in to it, the L2/R2 triggers are really cheap and easy to fix by buying replacements on Amazon or eBay. I've had to do it to two controllers almost a dozen times, a small black knob holding the trigger in place cracks which then makes the spring not work as well. Very easy to replace though.

Not sure about your X button, that really sucks if it's screwing up your jumps, but I sure as shit believe you!

Reported Rasengan for being new.
Reported Macello for stealing all of the exotics.
Reported RNG for giving me a second Hallowed 310 Class Item.

Report everybody!

Thanks for the run :]

I don't like the DS4 -_-
Reported.

I've had 4 controllers, and the first two have been retired. one is the Battlefront special edition Vader controller, which is not being used. one more is on the way, the gray 20th anniversary controller. I wish they were built more solidly. :/

flkraven

From the desk of Sandbox Designer Jon Weisnewski:

We've correct today's update to the proper figures. Sorry for the confusion!

Just because you’re all awesome, we’ll be stuffing your stockings with 1.5 Strange Coins and 1.5 Motes of Light. (Deej's Boss has only 1,500 of each)

The Bungie note was as follows:

tl;dr:

-15 coins and 15 motes you get @ Postmaster on January 7th
-Login to Destiny and do at least 1 activity between January 7th to 10th to get an emblem
-BWU returns Jan 21, ~ 1 month from now.

Me and Mehr were talking about the idea of setting up a DGAF tournament.
Enter as a fireteam of 3 and kick the asses of your fellow GAFfers in Elimination.

Here are my initial thoughts:
ROUND 1 DATE: Probably between January 5, 2016 - January 19, 2016. (after Iron Banner)
The rules will be set in stone on a later date. We’re first gathering interest and reactions from all of you. The general idea is to match fireteams against each other based on a random drawing. All fireteams should complete their matches before a set deadline. It's up to the members to set a time and date for the matches they have to play.

Because Destiny does not support custom games (Boo!) both teams should get in a party and start matchmaking in the elimination playlist at the same time. Try and give fireteam leadership to the two members that live closet together for improved matchmaking chances. If you don't get matched against each other, back out as soon as you see a different username and try again. Players that register should have at least X amount of posts on NeoGAF to keep it contained to a GAF tournament and avoid bringing in LFGers.

Games will be played over 3 or 4 rounds. Winners will move into the quarter-finals, semi-finals and finals. Losers have a chance to continue to fight for a spot not at the bottom of the laderboards in the loser bracket. If a large amount of fireteams were to enter the tournament we could set up a more balanced tier 1-3 division based on avarage team K/D.

I’ll set up some pictures, a registration form and team spreedsheat if there’s enough interest. Please let me know what you think and if you’d like to be a part of this!

phen0m24

Enter as a fireteam of 3 and kick the asses of your fellow GAFfers in Elimination.

ROUND 1 DATE: Probably between January 5, 2016 - January 19, 2016. (after Iron Banner)
The rules will be set in stone on a later date. We’re first gathering interest and reactions from all of you. The general idea is to match fireteams against each other based on a random drawing. All fireteams should complete their matches before a set deadline. It's up to the members to set a time and date for the matches they have to play.

Because Destiny does not support custom games (Boo!) both teams should get in a party and start matchmaking in the elimination playlist at the same time. Try and give fireteam leadership to the two members that live closet together for improved matchmaking chances. If you don't get matched against each other, back out as soon as you see a different username and try again. Players that register should have at least X amount of posts on NeoGAF to keep it contained to a GAF tournament and avoid bringing in LFGers.

Games will be played over 3 or 4 rounds. Winners will move into the quarter-finals, semi-finals and finals. Losers have a chance to continue to fight for a spot not at the bottom of the laderboards in the loser bracket. If a large amount of fireteams were to enter the tournament we could set up a more balanced tier 1-3 division based on avarage team K/D.

I’ll set up some pictures, a registration form and team spreedsheat if there’s enough interest. Please let me know what you think and if you’d like to be a part of this!

you could just list me as a loss in round 1

so hold on.

if you just see a period in a post in the OT, then that means that that person has blocked you?
o_O

or do you not see their post at all?

Nah the start is 300. War priest is 310 which he is only 11 light levels below. No reason at all to play normal mode.

The reason to play normal first is to learn the encounters in a more forgiving environment, especially w the revives. There's way less pressure and a lower light player can contribute more without feeling like a liability. Unlike many regulars here, not everybody plays this game to maximize phat loot drops per minute. That's why I said it would be "more fun" on NM first.

Really a whole year to recap and tease another and he's got nothing to say. Words cannot describe how much he winds me up. The update will return with a tease of things to come so we might have some actual news by Feb/March

Edit colour me not surprised that Bungie favourite BYF won a category

Come on GAF, Bungie doesn't give a fuck about us so lets do something about it. Got a forum beef you want to settle where better than in the Crucible for some GAF on GAF violence

Top Bottom