• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

it's possible but not an exact science unless something changed. you can keep running in to the part where the zones connect and if you don't hit the same instance the one moving jumps back to orbit and tries again. at least that's how i've done it in the past with relatively few tries.

Nope can only go to orbit from dreadnaught. CoO is ridiculously easy once your high enough light.

Just wanted to know if it was possible. Like if there was a button that just let you leave the fire team. guess not

Is anyone doing Warpriest HM Challenge tonight? I'd like to get it done at least once if I can (can do up to 3x). I'm 0/2 on joining GAF groups this afternoon so maybe third time will be a charm.
probably not
Jump in our 8 pm group. My friend cancelled.

Trakan

If anyone kept the Dis-47 from the gunsmith orders, there's a pretty good roll for sale this week.

CW8w52gWkAEhAtl.png:large

Frenden

Banned
I had a NL Shadow, Eyesaluna, Revelator, and Hothead (quest) drop in Crucible today. I haven't had any of those drop for all of TTK to this point.

Anyone else seeing a higher drop rate or did I get a streak of RNG?

Edit: Or maybe drop rate is somewhat gated by completing Shaxx's quests being finished? I finally did that today.

I had a NL Shadow, Eyesaluna, Revelator, and Hothead (quest) drop in Crucible today. I haven't had any of those drop for all of TTK to this point.

Anyone else seeing a higher drop rate or did I get a streak of RNG?

Edit: Or maybe drop rate is somewhat gated by completing Shaxx's quests being finished? I finally did that today.

I don't know. But in house of wolves it was raining matadors. I have gotten nadda a from crucible since ttk

Frenden

Banned
Oh, they majorly nerfed the drop rate for strikes and PvP rewards for sure. I was just wondering if folks are seeing a slight uptick since last patch or if I got VERY lucky today.

SheHateMe

Both Titan and Hunter made a bunch of progress today, they're getting close to "capped" (unless I have some great luck). Does anybody happen to have one last Red Bull code lying around? I'll try to start the Warlock soonish and a code would help tons.

I have one. PM'd you.

I'm finally getting around to the arc exotic sword; anyone willing to tag along on the Alak-Hul strike with me? I know it has matchmaking, but I'd rather run with Gafers that know what to do. PSN is perineumlick.

rezn0r

Anyone care about a NM raid either all the way through or until people have to go? WipedOut & I know what we're doing, my non-GAF buddy just wants to see the first few parts at least... if we finish it cool and if we don't that's cool too. May only have about an hour but not sure yet. 3 spots if any interest, PSN reznuh or W193D0UT

edit: Thanks Lnkn!

5/6

Lnkn52

Anyone care about a NM raid either all the way through or until people have to go? WipedOut & I know what we're doing, my non-GAF buddy just wants to see the first few parts at least... if we finish it cool and if we don't that's cool too. May only have about an hour but not sure yet. 3 spots if any interest, PSN reznuh or W193D0UT

I'd help.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I gotta say, working Retail while slightly buzzed off of free wine from distributors is the only way to fly when it comes to working Christmas Eve. My afternoon just got a little better :D

Also, you left all your X-mas shopping until Christmas Eve, and now no retailer has stock of the item you want to buy?

"I'm soooo sorry."
QPwvzp8.jpg

X-Frame

Saw myself in Planet Destiny's SGA v2.0 Review video, haha:

klgPAdsh.png

I remember playing Holtzmann for a few games too, he's quite good and I saw he was using SGA as well and now I know why, he was reviewing it in PvP.

edit: Thanks Lnkn!

5/6

Just got back, brutal traffic.

Still need one?

I knocked out the solar and void exotic quest final step all at once. I'm so glad I'm done with thinking about this quest. It was such a grind but now I have all the swords.

LTWood12

Is a 315 Water Star w/ third eye worth keeping? Or should I give to something else. Current list of primaries I'd like to bring up to 315+:

Doctrine of Passing 312
Red Death 310
Bad Juju 310
Imago Loop 308
Nirwen's Mercy 308
Hawksaw 307

I have 4 320 primaries, 2 of which I'm willing to give up:
320 Smite of Merain w/ firefly (keep)
320 Hung Jury (keep)-vendor roll
320 Inward Lamp Adept w/ Hidden Hand
320 Harrowed Anguish of Drystan w/ life support

E92 M3

Treyarch tried adding skill based MM and everyone revolted. I hope Bungie doesn't try to pull a fast one. It's not fun to constantly play sweaty matches. I've always viewed the crucible as a way to relax and trials was the where the sweat was poured.

Trakan

Treyarch tried adding skill based MM and everyone revolted. I hope Bungie doesn't try to pull a fast one. It's not fun to constantly play sweaty matches. I've always viewed the crucible as a way to relax and trials was the where the sweat was poured.

For once, something we agree on, heh.

I've always thought matchmaking should be like COD does it. Just find me the fastest match possible. There was a patch either late last year or early this year that changed matchmaking. It made it so teams got matched up more often or something, but it takes so much longer to get into a game than it did before that patch.

Is a 315 Water Star w/ third eye worth keeping? Or should I give to something else. Current list of primaries I'd like to bring up to 315+:

Doctrine of Passing 312
Red Death 310
Bad Juju 310
Imago Loop 308
Nirwen's Mercy 308
Hawksaw 307

I have 4 320 primaries, 2 of which I'm willing to give up:
320 Smite of Merain w/ firefly (keep)
320 Hung Jury (keep)-vendor roll
320 Inward Lamp Adept w/ Hidden Hand
320 Harrowed Anguish of Drystan w/ life support
The Doctrine of Passing is a killer weapon. If auto rifles get another buff, you'll shred through people. I don't think the Water Star is worth it personally.

E92 M3

For once, something we agree on, heh.

I've always thought matchmaking should be like COD does it. Just find me the fastest match possible. There was a patch either late last year or early this year that changed matchmaking. It made it so teams got matched up more often or something, but it takes so much longer to get into a game than it did before that patch.

Haha, yeah it should be about the best connection and fastest match. I got enough sweat from grinding ranks in Halo for FFA lol.

Frenden

Banned
I got a Revelator drop with Hot Swap and Hammer Forged that pairs really well with a sniper rifle. In a post-nerf TLW world, it has the same TTK when ADSing. I don't hipfire a ton with TLW except when rushing shotgun style these days, so the Revelator has been a, er, revelation.

It has a super duper high AA, great equip speed, and a wonderful recoil stat. It feels great when firing from the hip or ADS, both.

I remember really wanting to love it in HoW, but the exotic HCs just straight outclassed it. Nowadays? It's viable. It suits me at least.

Top Bottom