• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

That sounds beautiful. I should probably infuse mine from 316-> 320

giphy.gif

I bit and picked up Destiny:The Taken King. Any heads up or tips for a beginer?
You are already on the right track... Don't be afraid to ask questions.

I've been playing since Alpha but still had a question because there are aspects of the game I don't really touch upon. Asked it on here a couple of pages ago because you can usually find at least one person who knows a lot on the topic that can guide you.

Also, familiarize yourself with the Infuse mechanic. Had a buddy just start the game who totally missed that somehow and was trying to level his Light with his preferred gear choices the hard way...

Parham

Banned
Finally finished the record book last night. SRL had more than its fare share of problems, but none of them were severe enough to deter me from playing an otherwise really entertaining mode. In the end, I got a lot more enjoyment out of SRL than the base game, which, more than anything else, probably says that Destiny isn't the game for me.

Mindlog

It's great to be on holiday tech support isn't it? :|
Data recovery is taking forever and we're finally going to see Star Wars in a couple of hours.

I bit and picked up Destiny:The Taken King. Any heads up or tips for a beginer?

Finish the story, do the taken wars quests, level up factions to get legendary gear, play heroic strikes, do bounties, court of oryx and so on.

SRL is on till the end of weekly reset so get into that, you'll be able to get 290+ helmets and class items.

Find an experienced player (preferably from your timezone) to do the Refer-a-friend quest with you, that will enable you to access some gear like swords faster and bonus xp for leveling up.

rezn0r

Like I said very late to Taken King and LOVING it.

Just now hitting 250 light, and accumulating purples. Figuring out the Key and Rune system is proving to be a thing. HAHA

ALSO, I am kinda in love with the Night Stalker. So much fun and I love the aesthetics.

Hey everyone look at this guy. He's having fun. Fucked up

Switched back to a monitor for the first time in close to a year and my k/d since switching is 5. Not sure what the input lag was on the two TVs I was playing on, but they must have been really high/bad. I felt superhuman playing on a monitor again. Fools were getting lined up like "Who's next?" lol. Can't wait to get back home after Christmas to play some more now.

For frame of reference my k/d has always been around 1.1-1.2. I was really handicapped on those TVs apparently.

I haven't been able to play FPS seriously on a TV for a few years, I know exactly what you mean. I don't have nearly your good kdr... but I do know what you mean :p

It's great to be on holiday tech support isn't it? :|
Data recovery is taking forever and we're finally going to see Star Wars in a couple of hours.

Working in IT around these times is great as long as there's no catastrophe... Thanks to holidays landing on Fridays I basically have two 5-day weekends starting a few hours ago...

HEY WipedOut & Lnkn thanks again for earlier. Sorry for the rough spots in the raid.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!

Awesome, thanks bro.

No problem.

Wish I had the time to run full raid but that isn't happening until at least Monday now unless I get a run right now, last minute Christmas shopping is the worst and chances of running a raid on Monday is probably zero.

Merry Christmas/Happy holidays everyone.

Edit: and just like that I miss my chance. GG

NastyBook

Is anybody even doing NM KF at this point on this board? Are carries possible, or is there too much of a DPS difference?

EDIT: HM carries, not Normal Mode.

GlamFM

Banned
Hey guys. I´ve decided that I want the imago loop.

Can I just pick the strike from the map or do I have to wait for it to come up in a playlist?

Does the difficulty matter?

Is anybody even doing NM KF at this point on this board? Are carries possible, or is there too much of a DPS difference?

EDIT: HM carries, not Normal Mode.

Carries are definitely possible in HM, the 320 artefact + weapon you get as the challenge mode drop would help as well along the way.

Is Trials really going to happen tomorrow, x-mas day? or did Bungie make a mistake on their website.

Only for the 0.004% of the 0.004%

Now its Xmas and we're all going off to join our families I'd like to take a moment to remember the Guardians we've lost in the great Destiny content drought

RIP Kyoufu2, LiquidsV2, Raybunzy, Frostburn and the many brave others who found redemption in new games, may you one day return to the light

Melchiah

You are already on the right track... Don't be afraid to ask questions.

I've been playing since Alpha but still had a question because there are aspects of the game I don't really touch upon. Asked it on here a couple of pages ago because you can usually find at least one person who knows a lot on the topic that can guide you.

Also, familiarize yourself with the Infuse mechanic. Had a buddy just start the game who totally missed that somehow and was trying to level his Light with his preferred gear choices the hard way...

What's the easy and the hard way to level up via infusing?

Hey guys. I´ve decided that I want the imago loop.

Can I just pick the strike from the map or do I have to wait for it to come up in a playlist?

Does the difficulty matter?

Best chance of getting it by grinding the nightfall this week.

It is the worst strike with the worst modifiers.

1st layer of RNG - getting a legendary to drop
2nd layer of RNG - legendary being imago loop and not the ugly titan mark
3rd layer of RNG - imago loop having decent perks

Have fun ):

Only for the 0.004% of the 0.004%

Now its Xmas and we're all going off to join our families I'd like to take a moment to remember the Guardians we've lost in the great Destiny content drought

RIP Kyoufu2, LiquidsV2, Raybunzy, Frostburn and the many brave others who found redemption in new games, may you one day return to the light

List is much bigger than that but yea, I suppose, or hope, they will be back..

1% of what i have now. How fitting to this OT and DGAF.

Truly. 200 silver would have been better than motes and coins.

Bungie wants to give something to the new players who are getting into TTK, so makes sense. Veteran players get no love.

What's the easy and the hard way to level up via infusing?

Play on one character, any high light level gear you have that you're not using on your main can be used to infuse the gear on your alts. Makes it easier to level up alts and bring them closer to the recommended light level of end game activities.

So, DO NOT dismantle gear you don't need. Pass it on to alts and infuse.

ocean

Banned
Hold up, Destiny added skill based matchmaking in normal crucible?
It's always been there. The game tries to make lobbies average similar Combat Ratings. You can check your combat rating for any given playlist by going to the companion app and viewing your detailed kills / deaths etc.

This is why the better you get, the worse your teammates get. I started playing on a sub account for fun a few days ago and was averaging 2.7 K/D using a Warlock with no Super unlocked. Came back to my real account and went back to my usual 1.1 K/D despite having basically everything worth owning upgraded and available.

Check guardian.gg where you can find your latest matches and playlist rank. While imperfect, it's a pretty good curve on your performance. The most interesting aspect? You can view all your recent matches and see the scores for everyone on the lobby. Notice how overall, ELO scores across both teams tend to be similar. If you're a really good player the lobbies you play in will be on a higher ELO tier, on average.

I checked my recent matches and the lobbies averaged 1200-1300 ELO, for instance. I checked Twilight's and his lobbies are generally around 1500 ELO.

This isn't new, just sloppy and obtuse in implementation since it's super hard to tell when you're having a bad day and when you're just suffering because Destiny deemed you were ready to play with better lobbies and you start getting wrecked. A transparent rank system would make this game a lot better. But the list of things which will unexplainably never happen tends to infinity...

NastyBook

No snow in the tower,

no gift at the postmaster.

I AM DISAPPOINTED!
Skipping Christmas seems silly. They could've easily called it something else and everybody would've understood it as such, just like Halloween was FotL. Or maybe's it's coming later?

deadduck

Anyone played on KBM?

Dropped in on DrLupos stream and noticed the clatter of keys and alot of talk that it makes no difference.

I know I'm alot better on PC BF4 compared to PS4 BF4.

Wondered if anyone had experience of KBM in Destiny and what you guys thought?

All that is well and good but its the skill over connection which is why everyone is up in arms. My ELO/DTR is all over the place as no amount of skill can deal with the other team being that constant 1 second ahead of you or a fireteam of red bars from the other side of the world. I was playing with Feetie yesterday and I was sniped a good 4/5 feet round a corner, how the fuck are you supposed to counter bullshit like that. In my experience thats the norm not an exception.

All that is well and good but its the skill over connection which is why everyone is up in arms. My ELO/DTR is all over the place as no amount of skill can deal with the other team being that constant 1 second ahead of you or a fireteam of red bars from the other side of the world. I was playing with Feetie yesterday and I was sniped a good 4/5 feet round a corner, how the fuck are you supposed to counter bullshit like that. In my experience thats the norm not an exception.

That's the problem I have as well. I can think I am behind cover and safe and still die. It's infuriating that you can go in a lag free lobby and everyone dies as you would expect. Then the very next match its taking twice as many shots to kill anyone

Do you have a sidearm only mode? If so i'll sign up. :p

I don't exactly know what Pew is planning of course, but if enough fireteams sign up, we can make different groups/brackets based on ELO rating. I'm sure there's an ELO bracket where people go pew pew with water guns, I mean sidearms :p

So don't worry about not being a PvP pro! If you enjoy playing some Crucible matches with/against fellow DGAFfers, just give it a go!

Ill go a nightfall or two if you're keen. I've done them but want the Imago Loop

Hey, sorry I missed you, some non Gaf friends hit me up shortly after that post for help running a raid.

Edit: and just like that I miss my chance. GG

Trust me, we did you a favor by not including you lol. Mistakes were made... Repeatedly. But we got it done eventually and got Wipedout's first PlayStation HM KF clear, hooray!

Top Bottom