• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Alright Im up for HM CM WP raid...

PSN Godless_Pagan

be experienced plz...

GhaleonEB

I gave up on reaching rank 3 on SLR. Just too tall of a climb once I saw it took 4500 to get there from rank 2. Particularly since I can't complete a few of the daily bounties. (I have 6 top 3 finishes since SLR started - :lol).

Interesting the BWU is going away for a month. Hopefully they are able to gear up and talk about what's coming next when it returns.

FyreWulff

So the BWU isn't back until late January.

There's an unspecified emblem for being online January 7th to the 10th.

The week between the mystery emblem and the BWU's return is completely clear.

.. is there any electronics-related media events happening in the third week of January?

inthrall

I gave up on reaching rank 3 on SLR. Just too tall of a climb once I saw it took 4500 to get there from rank 2. Particularly since I can't complete a few of the daily bounties. (I have 6 top 3 finishes since SLR started - :lol).

Interesting the BWU is going away for a month. Hopefully they are able to gear up and talk about what's coming next when it returns.

I personally think they should do away with it, and only announce news as it comes in. Change the contest for video's to monthly, or split it out from the updates and have it weekly as-is. A lot of people go in expecting new news weekly and come out sad/angry

.. is there any electronics-related media events happening in the third week of January?
The BWU?

Deej is conserving his powers of obfuscation.

Theoretically I still have 5 Nightfalls and 2 full raids (minus WPriest) to run at some point this week. Not sure if that will actually happen but if anyone's doing more NFalls tonight I might be up for a few.

I know the odds of finally getting a 320 ghost or chest from non-Challenge loot drops is virtually nonexistent but I still kinda sorta wanna try anyway.

Like I said very late to Taken King and LOVING it.

Just now hitting 250 light, and accumulating purples. Figuring out the Key and Rune system is proving to be a thing. HAHA

ALSO, I am kinda in love with the Night Stalker. So much fun and I love the aesthetics.

I almost broke my only remote trying to get my last first place win for S class on my alt.I cant beat the sparrows bought with silver they put me into the wall at every turn and somehow catch me.

Frenden

Banned
I almost broke my only remote trying to get my last first place win for S class on my alt.I cant beat the sparrows bought with silver they put me into the wall at every turn and somehow catch me.

I think one of the fastest dudes in the world uses the raid sparrows. So there's that.

My thing? I don't understand when and how to effectively use the side-step/L3/R3 stuff. I seem to do better when I never bother and just race using only gas and directional sticks.

Mindlog

Exited a race where I set my personal best and came in second. That was fun. Everyone was sub 4:30 on Mars and most of us were sub 4:25.

This is the route. The only difference between that run and mine is that I am really sloppy on the big tight turn. I miss gates and mess up my line really often there.

Going to try to Graverobber Venus soon.
I think one of the fastest dudes in the world uses the raid sparrows. So there's that.

My thing? I don't understand when and how to effectively use the side-step/L3/R3 stuff. I seem to do better when I never bother and just race using only gas and directional sticks.
Someone posted a good picture earlier, but basically they're meant to cut down on drifting. Drifting consumes a lot of speed and time so instead of a sharp curve it's better to cut diagonals through a turn.

The sidesteps can also be used to ram other players. I haven't figured out how to do it, but others can knock me around the track pretty well.

Switched back to a monitor for the first time in close to a year and my k/d since switching is 5. Not sure what the input lag was on the two TVs I was playing on, but they must have been really high/bad. I felt superhuman playing on a monitor again. Fools were getting lined up like "Who's next?" lol. Can't wait to get back home after Christmas to play some more now.

For frame of reference my k/d has always been around 1.1-1.2. I was really handicapped on those TVs apparently.

Frenden

Banned
Anyone wanna do a PvP train? Just drunken funstuffs. No pressure or anything.

Someone posted a good picture earlier, but basically they're meant to cut down on drifting. Drifting consumes a lot of speed and time so instead of a sharp curve it's better to cut diagonals through a turn.

The sidesteps can also be used to ram other players. I haven't figured out how to do it, but others can knock me around the track pretty well.

That makes sense. I just don't seem to get the timing right. Not a surprise for me, though--I never seem to get the apex right when on my motorcycle in the real world either. A racer fellow I am not.

A part of me really wishes to talk Star Wars with DGAF but I forgot what Destiny was so

I talked Star Wars with Ape today. It was nice. We shot people and talked about, like, lightsabers and stuff.

Frenden

Banned
Dammmnnn while I'm playing BO3 with my buds.

I'll be on for a while. Just trying for a better Eysaluna drop!

Switched back to a monitor for the first time in close to a year and my k/d since switching is 5. Not sure what the input lag was on the two TVs I was playing on, but they must have been really high/bad. I felt superhuman playing on a monitor again. Fools were getting lined up like "Who's next?" lol. Can't wait to get back home after Christmas to play some more now.

For frame of reference my k/d has always been around 1.1-1.2. I was really handicapped on those TVs apparently.

Awesome. That's a good feeling. I'm in need of a new gaming monitor and am back on a laggy screen for a bit. It sucks. I didn't think it would make a difference, but it does!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Theoretically I still have 5 Nightfalls and 2 full raids (minus WPriest) to run at some point this week. Not sure if that will actually happen but if anyone's doing more NFalls tonight I might be up for a few.

I know the odds of finally getting a 320 ghost or chest from non-Challenge loot drops is virtually nonexistent but I still kinda sorta wanna try anyway.

We're doing Ghrek to Oryx now, You have been summoned.

I loved Sparrow Racing when I bought the book. Now, trying to get my last 3 wins per track I fucking hate it. This is my last time to play before the event ends and RAAAAAGGGGEEEE.

fuck-this-shit-o.gif

I'm so not a raging salty guy, DGAF. But fuck, man.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Honestly I've had a lot of fun with it, although it is a lot of work/time. It's also SUPER disorienting to play on someone else's account after being used to my character for a few thousand hours, haha. It felt almost like a little "Destiny test" to see how well you understand the games systems. But it felt so good that there was always both a clear path forward and positive reinforcement from the game.

It helps you appreciate all the great things TTK got right in the early-mid game, when everyone was so jazzed on the expansion. Then I ran my first KF on Hard and only increased two measley light outside the guaranteed CM loot. And I started to remember why everyone soured on the endgame so hard, lol.

It was great to make such quick progress, from Lv32 144 LL to Lv40 313 LL in 48 hours. That never would've happened without a ton of support throughout the community, apologies if I forget anyone:

LTWood, Mass Appeal and Luft
the Lovable Lurker
all generously donated Red Bull codes. Many Gaffers helped carry a ~285 guardian through the Golgoroth CM, then the rest of KF. Wicked and Rubenov stayed up an extra hour at the end of their Trials shift to help me get him to Mercury. Postmaster had this from the big chest:

Most generously, Unstable carried me through a ton of early game stuff for XP, Marks, quests, Nightfalls etc including a super heavy Spindle carry:

As if that wasn't enough, he actually bought GRX a copy of Taken King so he would have his own copy when he got back. I'd been playing Grave's account on my copy of TTK but obviously that wouldn't be possible for long. It also let us do the RaF for the leveling boost and extra loot. High Five indeed!

***Tis the season DGAF! Seasons blessings to you all.***

edit2: fixed

HOLY SHIT!... WAT?
Been spreading Christmas cheer to other rehab patients and being a designated tech support to the staff and patients too

Damn y'all are something special!
I owe all of you huge gratitude

I was wondering how I had RAF stuff, was guessing I got lucked out by Drizzay and account trickery, but Damn Unstable you a MVP too
Once I'm back home I'll pay you the expansion price back you paid for it

Fucking amazing how Drizzay and the rest of you guys have helped me out

Happy Holidays and an amazing New Year, hopefully you all are not gone to greener pastures and this GraveRobber will have to trudge through this dad graveyard thread when I'm back

Getting stronger everyday
VcWkN2p.jpg

Edit: Me as of today, cleaned up for the holidays
MBMzp9Km.jpg

HOLY SHIT!... WAT?
Been spreading Christmas cheer to other rehab patients and being a designated tech support to the staff and patients too

I was wondering how I had RAF stuff, was guessing I got lucked out by Drizzay and account trickery, but Damn Unstable you a MVP too

Happy Holidays and an amazing New Year, hopefully you all are not gone to greener pastures and this GraveRobber will have to trudge through this dad graveyard thread when I'm back

VcWkN2p.jpg

MBMzp9Km.jpg

Nice! When is your ETA to be able to go back home?

Keep up the good work!

EDIT OMG ROFL @ your new subtitle. I did not expact that

Daaamn that was a smooth Golgi-->Oryx run, wipe free. GG everybody, and a Happy Holidays and Merry XMas etc. to you all as well!

edit: yooo and I got my first year 2 Dragon's Breath at 310, hooray. Also got my first Peregrine Greaves at 310 but probably won't ever use those...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Nice! When is your ETA to be able to go back home?

Keep up the good work!

EDIT OMG ROFL @ your new subtitle. I did not expact that

ETA is "Soon"

I made a joke in a thread where I said I sit when I pee and shit while I stand looks like a mod took it seriously lol

My learning to walk again tag gone =/

LTWood12

HOLY SHIT!... WAT?

VcWkN2p.jpg

MBMzp9Km.jpg

Looking fantastic Grave.

WipedOut

Two 319 titans with weapons and malice melts Ogres in less than a second. Was doing 4k per critical hit.
Us xboners, and well now I'm on PS4 have been preaching this. Just ridiculous how much they melt with a weapons and blessing bubble in the middle, they are dead before their spawn animation has completed.

Do the Titan's Mk Stand Asides actually drop from boot engrams or do you have to buy them from the kiosk? What about the Warlock's Skull of Ahamkara and Apotheosis Veil?

Us xboners, and well now I'm on PS4 have been preaching this. Just ridiculous how much they melt with a weapons and blessing bubble in the middle, they are dead before their spawn animation has completed.

Yeah, especially if you're wearing the raid helm and the "Take That" perk proc's when you pick up the other Titan's orbs. It boosts the Ogre crit damage up to like 4500 per ToM shot, ridiculous.

LTWood12

Do the Titan's Mk Stand Asides actually drop from boot engrams or do you have to buy them from the kiosk? What about the Warlock's Skull of Ahamkara and Apotheosis Veil?

Yeah, especially if you're wearing the raid helm and the "Take That" perk proc's when you pick up the other Titan's orbs. It boosts the Ogre crit damage up to like 4500 per ToM shot, ridiculous.

Stand Asides don't drop from engrams. Have to be purchased from kiosk. Vice versa for Peregrine Greaves. Skull I'm not sure about. I did get an Apotheosis Veil from the lighthouse though.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game!
i literally just got Rank 3 in SRL, and I got my very first 320 helmet!!!!
Also, is the racer's toolkit a guaranteed sparrow, because I didn't get one. :/
RNG gives, RNG takes away?

Top Bottom