• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

2real4tv

it finally dropped at 10-0 with the mercy intact!
v89oZh5l.jpg
Yes congrats definitely overdue.

The trophies seem extremely Grindy, especially the ones that rely on companion behavior.

Grindy? Wat? You can get them all in one playthrough, meaning ~2 hours. You only have to get lucky (no dc) with the companion one and even then if you lose your buddy there's a "workaround" where you if you get a new companion on the beggining of the ice level it will still give you the trophy.

spyder_ur

Completely forgot about trials. Good rewards these days or no?

They're pretty good and attainable for anyone through the rewards packages i.e. bounties. None of the guns seem like standouts though. Drops at 5/7 wins are random light levels. Map choices kind of baffling at times.

Still, perhaps my favorite thing in the game. Been a while - shoot me a note if you see me online this weekend and want to play.

Chucker

Looking for trials for fun, or a normal KF. PSN: ChuxBuster

Re: Trials been flawless on XB1, don't have ideal gear but could probably not be horrible?

They're pretty good and attainable for anyone through the rewards packages i.e. bounties. None of the guns seem like standouts though. Drops at 5/7 wins are random light levels. Map choices kind of baffling at times.

Still, perhaps my favorite thing in the game. Been a while - shoot me a note if you see me online this weekend and want to play.

Ok.

The trophies seem extremely Grindy, especially the ones that rely on companion behavior.

Like Igor said they're actually really easy, especially if you happen to luckily stumble across a "white robe" guide.

The second time I played the game a random stranger (with a white robe, indicating they'd found all the secrets, trophies etc) came up to me and started showing me where all the secrets were. He would sit down with me until we got that trophy, etc.

By the time we finished the play through I had everything. It was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever, with no words exchanged between us. I love that game but can also understand why everyone might not have the same reaction.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I am starting to loathe SRL. I cannot get first for my life.
I find it controls best around the turns if you hold forward on the left stick and turn with the right. Just use left to turn now and then if you have to dodge something. Learning the tracks is harder, but I only figured out Mars, which seems to fuck me over somehow anyway. But I only got an hour of practice and likely won't be able to get back to it before it ends.

Hard to believe we're already celebrating DGAF XMas #2. If Destiny really lasts 10 years it'll be pretty amazing if our little community stays around through it all. Happy holidays everyone!

I'm out of town but will be back tomorrow night if people want to do some Trials then.

Merry Christmas DGAF!

Hawkian is alive! We miss you Hawk, hope all is well.

Hard to believe we're already celebrating DGAF XMas #2. If Destiny really lasts 10 years it'll be pretty amazing if our little community stays around through it all. Happy holidays everyone!

I'm out of town but will be back tomorrow night if people want to do some Trials then.

Ooooh I should make predictions.

In 10 years-

Nami will have 6 kids

Boguester will be hired by Bungie to only be fired for helping out players too much

Hawkian will be the first video game scholar, of Destiny. He will die in a drunken trip over his best selling book, 'Destiny by the Numbers:How I overcame RNG and learned to love the curve.'

Unstable will lose his hands in a wiring accident, and will be given new technology that lets him directly control video games with his mind.

DeathJr will start selling checkpoints to various raids, only to be caught by ICE because they misconstrued 'Letting people have a checkpoint' as smuggling immigrants.

Kadey will finally speak in a raid but the power will go out right as she's about to scream at her team for sucking hard.

LTWood and T-44 will own every exotic in the game, and be sent congratulatory medals by Bungie.

Currently been watching Murdaro stream Trials for like 2 hours and it's so chill and relaxed. You wouldn't know that he is the number one ranked elo player in the world for trials by his demeanor.

E92 M3

Also stop being a sneaky ninja and show your online status.

I keep forgetting to turn that off hahaa

In 10 years-

Nami will have 6 kids

Boguester will be hired by Bungie to only be fired for helping out players too much

Hawkian will be the first video game scholar, of Destiny. He will die in a drunken trip over his best selling book, 'Destiny by the Numbers:How I overcame RNG and learned to love the curve.'

Unstable will lose his hands in a wiring accident, and will be given new technology that lets him directly control video games with his mind.

DeathJr will start selling checkpoints to various raids, only to be caught by ICE because they misconstrued 'Letting people have a checkpoint' as smuggling immigrants.

Kadey will finally speak in a raid but the power will go out right as she's about to scream at her team for sucking hard.

LTWood and T-44 will own every exotic in the game, and be sent congratulatory medals by Bungie.

Dat Nostradamus

It's pretty damn great I say!

I still remember being super pumped for the alpha and the beta.

Trakan

For having servers now, Blops 3 certainly feels shitty. It doesn't feel all that different from p2p.

It's nice to not have people be invincible and red barring all over the place though.

LTWood12

In 10 years-

Nami will have 6 kids

Now when people ask me "where do you see yourself in ten years?" I can have a defined goal! Thanks breezy!

In 10 years-

Nami will have 6 kids

lol

you forgot to add

In 10 years-

Breezy will remain....Breezy

the_id

Came back from a terrible shift filled sad Xmas for families. Be safe DGAF when driving this holiday season. Need to wind down and play with my 320 MIDA multi tool

deadduck

Currently been watching Murdaro stream Trials for like 2 hours and it's so chill and relaxed. You wouldn't know that he is the number one ranked elo player in the world for trials by his demeanor.

He's still going with Lumi and Lucky.

For such high level players, so relaxed. Great closing skill to get the shotty kills.

Top Bottom