• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Off to run some errands, but I like Twilight Gap as a Trials map more than I thought I would. I think the A spawn is a bit difficult, but aside from that, it's paced a lot quicker than some of the other maps in rotation.

Frenden

Banned
I've filled out my book except for Venus wins. I win on Mars constantly, but only three of my around 100 races have been wins on Venus. Boo.

What's this with people using Thorn all of sudden?

I've been noticing a lot of year 1 weapons in the crucible lately.. felwinters, LDR's, praedyths timepiece etc.

it annoys me more than it should .. probably because i sharded most of my year 1 stuff

but part of me thinks of bungie wanted people to move on from year 1 guns they should have kept them locked them out.. then again i did use the horn for those taken champions so that might be hypocritical

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm quite disappointed with the lack of Christmas decorations at the tower. The Reef isn't on earth so I get that they wouldn't recognize the holiday season. But was expecting to see people wearing Santa hats and have some lights strung up from the 24th-31st.
And of course I signed in yesterday hoping to find a gift at the postmaster.

Nope.

GlamFM

Banned
Still have bounties from last IB that I never turned in (weekly & daily)

What´s the right thing to do when IB hits next week?

Is there a PS4 Community? If so, can someone else add me there please. That way we can arrange matches and RAIDs easily.

There is, but it´s basically useless. This thread is everything you need.

Ken

I'm quite disappointed with the lack of Christmas decorations at the tower. The Reef isn't on earth so I get that they wouldn't recognize the holiday season. But was expecting to see people wearing Santa hats and have some lights strung up from the 24th-31st.
And of course I signed in yesterday hoping to find a gift at the postmaster.

Nope.

There's Holliday's SRL decorations and paid SRL gear with Christmas color lights though.

You'll also get 15 SC/15 MOL in January.

kek

Still have bounties from last IB that I never turned in (weekly & daily)

What´s the right thing to do when IB hits next week?

There is, but it´s basically useless. This thread is everything you need.

If you're going to do it everyday cash in the daily's immediatley then save the weeklies untill you're rank 3 3/4 or sat/sun which ever is soonest

Is there a PS4 Community? If so, can someone else add me there please. That way we can arrange matches and RAIDs easily.

We've tried communities, the100.io and it always comes back to here. If you want to do something just post up and its likely that you'll get what you want, or just jump in if someone is asking

Edit, see my funky single post, double post

ocean

Banned
I've been noticing a lot of year 1 weapons in the crucible lately.. felwinters, LDR's, praedyths timepiece etc.

it annoys me more than it should .. probably because i sharded most of my year 1 stuff

but part of me thinks of bungie wanted people to move on from year 1 guns they should have kept them locked them out.. then again i did use the horn for those taken champions so that might be hypocritical
Ignoring Trials because of the Light level thing... why would I ever trade my perfect roll Benevolence for a 1kYS? A few points of AA won't make up for my Snapshot/Unflinching/Hidden Hand roll and without re rolling I have no access to a Y2 sniper that good unless I'm lottery lucky.

Why run Ace of Spades or First Curse when Thorn enables kills in the same amount of shots...except none of them have to hit the head. Why stick with a crappy roll on a Y2 shotty when I can take my Y1 Party Crasher to the gunsmith and, even today, keep re rolling it? I have a great roll on a Suros Rocket Launcher. But it only holds 2 rockets. My old Ash Factory has Tripod and holds 4 if my boots add heavy or rocket ammo. Why would I not use that? The Y2 IB machine gun is very similar to Y1 BTRD. Except it has....half the range.

Basically, Y2 weapons are overwhelmingly inferior to their old counterparts. I won't handicap myself artificially. Unless I'm running an old weapon that came forward (TLW, Bad Juju), my PvP loadouts are very often 170 Light across the board (weapons wise).

If cooldowns weren't tied to armor I'd use old armor too. Y1 ToO gauntlets with HC+Special weapon loader. Not one or the other - both HCs and all Specials. Boots with extra heavy. Not RL or MG - any heavy. Chests that boosted Special ammo. Not a specific type, any special.

Yeah endgame gear used to actually be good back in the day...

What's this perk called?

0RgJn5.gif

"WORKING AS INTENDED"

We had some weird things happen last night .... Like my double kills registering after I get killed. Or heavy weapons not opening.

Thanks Bungie

Yup I know what you mean. I have seen sniper shots bounce of people's heads multiple times today.

Ignoring Trials because of the Light level thing... why would I ever trade my perfect roll Benevolence for a 1kYS? A few points of AA won't make up for my Snapshot/Unflinching/Hidden Hand roll and without re rolling I have no access to a Y2 sniper that good unless I'm lottery lucky.

Why run Ace of Spades or First Curse when Thorn enables kills in the same amount of shots...except none of them have to hit the head. Why stick with a crappy roll on a Y2 shotty when I can take my Y1 Party Crasher to the gunsmith and, even today, keep re rolling it? I have a great roll on a Suros Rocket Launcher. But it only holds 2 rockets. My old Ash Factory has Tripod and holds 4 if my boots add heavy or rocket ammo. Why would I not use that? The Y2 IB machine gun is very similar to Y1 BTRD. Except it has....half the range.

Basically, Y2 weapons are overwhelmingly inferior to their old counterparts. I won't handicap myself artificially. Unless I'm running an old weapon that came forward (TLW, Bad Juju), my PvP loadouts are very often 170 Light across the board (weapons wise).

If cooldowns weren't tied to armor I'd use old armor too. Y1 ToO gauntlets with HC+Special weapon loader. Not one or the other - both HCs and all Specials. Boots with extra heavy. Not RL or MG - any heavy. Chests that boosted Special ammo. Not a specific type, any special.

Yeah endgame gear used to actually be good back in the day...

All the weapons are more or less the same, the problem is we're all back to RNG if you get a good roll with a weapon from the 1/1000 chance of it dropping

These are lottery material ( i doubt anyone on the forum is close to that Ash Factory roll - Hard Launch/Warhead - Tripod - Javelin - G&H)

CVPgupBWcAQlFFf.png

CSW0UkiWoAAvRuW.png

CU_JRI7WEAATg0g.png

1 different perk and they'd all be 3 marks

Decided to jump back into Destiny again and grabbed The Taken King. Upon my first logging in my vault and all items not equipped are gone. Anyone ever hear of this happening. Super pissed.

blazeuk

Yup I know what you mean. I have seen sniper shots bounce of people's heads multiple times today.

I'm glad me, Tears and Akai only gave it a few games before quitting, the lag has been terrible, I feel like it's getting worse every week. Bungie need to just roll back to whatever they were doing before they tried to fix it, it went from IB being the joke of lag to pretty much all playlists.

Frenden

Banned
Decided to jump back into Destiny again and grabbed The Taken King. Upon my first logging in my vault and all items not equipped are gone. Anyone ever hear of this happening. Super pissed.

No. Like, never. Sure that you didn't delete a character that was pack mule-ing your stuff around?

I'm glad me, Tears and Akai only gave it a few games before quitting, the lag has been terrible, I feel like it's getting worse every week. Bungie need to just roll back to whatever they were doing before they tried to fix it, it went from IB being the joke of lag to pretty much all playlists.

Must have been pretty bad if you felt the need to post on GAF ;) It is getting worse.

Top Bottom