• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

ocean

Banned
I'm glad me, Tears and Akai only gave it a few games before quitting, the lag has been terrible, I feel like it's getting worse every week. Bungie need to just roll back to whatever they were doing before they tried to fix it, it went from IB being the joke of lag to pretty much all playlists.
As population numbers drop for concurrent players, getting a low ping lobby gets harder and harder. I'm pretty sure it'll only gets worse as more people drop the game.

Ikkarus

What's this perk called?

0RgJn5.gif
Get rekt. ;)

Seriously though the lag in PvP is a joke. If Bungie just reverted to Yr 1 Trials for MM it would be fine.

What are some good Legendary weapons for Crucible? I'm thinking of buying a Hawksaw, but I do already have a Nirwhens Mercy and a Reflection Sum.

stay gold

What are some good Legendary weapons for Crucible? I'm thinking of buying a Hawksaw, but I do already have a Nirwhens Mercy and a Reflection Sum.

It's a bit of a crapshoot really, things are more balanced now in that everything feels a little bit meh. Nirwens is still really good from what I hear.

Yeah if you have those two pulse rifles i dont think you need a hawksaw. The Doctrine of Passing (trials AR) is pretty legit.

Am i right ape? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So I'm trying to play the Taken King storyline with a friend, but for some reason we can't see each other in the missions. Both in The Coming War and in Cayde's Stash, the roster says we're both in the mission together. Any idea what's going on? We can see each other momentarily as we pass through instances, but we seem to load into different ones each time.

Got a Frame today for my TTK poster. Mad that it had sticky stuff so it ripped the poster, and missing 2 hold down thingies on the back so it's not perfectly flat. Lesson learned.

But have to live with it how it is:

the_id

The meta seems to be quite balanced now. Its no longer dominated by pulses. I've seen the Suros-DIS43 (scout), eisluna (hand canon), and even some auto-rifles. It feels sooo different now.

Bu then again I'm so great at PVP, I'm easy target for any weapon even fusion rifles.

Thanks for the response guys. I'm mainly just trying to figure out what to spend my marks on

I try to get primary engrams from the cryptarch for a good hawksaw roll, or special weapon engrams for a good 1000 yard stare roll, once I have all the exotics I want. I wasted marks on an armamentarium last week on both of my accounts, and immediately regretted it yesterday when Xur sold it.

Obligatory "for fuck's sake, Bungie". Ran the Nightfall with a friend last night (it was a bit of a slog at that, given Undying Mind + the modifiers with only two of us)... and a 294 Ghost.

Obligatory "for fuck's sake, Bungie". Ran the Nightfall with a friend last night (it was a bit of a slog at that, given Undying Mind + the modifiers with only two of us)... and a 294 Ghost.

I don't even remember what I got this week aside from it being low.

Suppose I'll just fuck around with SRL and Xur, then complete some quests on my Titan.
If anyone needs help with stuff, let me know.

So I'm trying to play the Taken King storyline with a friend, but for some reason we can't see each other in the missions. Both in The Coming War and in Cayde's Stash, the roster says we're both in the mission together. Any idea what's going on? We can see each other momentarily as we pass through instances, but we seem to load into different ones each time.

Quit out and head back into orbit. Depending on your connection, it sounds like the servers having problems putting you into the same instance.

stay gold

I'd love to see some statistics on how many people bother to run Nightfall in Y2 compared to Y1. The rewards really are shit.

I don't even remember what I got this week aside from it being low.

I'd love to see some statistics on how many people bother to run Nightfall in Y2 compared to Y1. The rewards really are shit.

It's so easy to forget that Bungie buffed the Nightfall loot table and it's still pretty horrible. At least they've also added a nice Rep payout back in.

Ever since said boost, the only things I think I've gotten are.... a 305 Helmet for my Titan (which I happily took at the time, don't even think my Hunter main had anything higher than that then).. maybe I got a piece of exotic armor..? And then a stack or two of 3 of Coins. Other than that it's been nothing but some ghosts and some incredibly underwhelming guns (nothing with a worthwhile roll on it).

I won't even get into The True Meaning of War, which aside from a bad gun or two, nets me a 300-304 Ghost every single week.

But the Nightfall loot is part of a broader endgame problem. As much as I love how so many new exotics were tied into a bunch unique quests (including the hidden ones), the unintended consequence is that the RNG table was left pretty bone dry. There's no secret hope of rolling a Gjallarhorn etc from the Nightfall/Raid chest/etc

v1perz53

Man, I finally was able to solo all of Crota's End on Hard and I think that was the most fun thing I've done in Destiny so far. Didn't play Y1 so never done the raid, and it was a blast to solo, and reasonably challenging for someone who doesn't know fight mechanics.

Which leads me to what is likely a very unpopular opinion, but I wish Bungie would remove player requirements from old raids to allow people to try to solo them. My favorite thing to do when I played WoW was solo things clearly designed for groups, and the same is fun in Destiny, but things like VoG simply block you from being able to.

And honestly, it is pretty much the only way I would ever get to see the VoG raid, which I have heard was pretty good. Nobody is running it these days (for good reason), and on the off chance people decide to randomly do so, chances are I am not free. Same reason I will never get a No Time to Explain. But I guess some things I will just never get, which is fine I suppose. Still managed to get my Warlock to 306 totally solo, which I am pretty happy with.

Anyway so I mentioned I rolled a Twilight Garrison the other day. Is there any sort of consensus on what subclass/playstyle it works best with? I was messing around with a fleetfire Sunbreaker briefly, but now that I can play Defender (or Striker) again without feeling like I'm handicapping myself, that'd be nice.

stay gold

But the Nightfall loot is part of a broader endgame problem. As much as I love how so many new exotics were tied into a bunch unique quests (including the hidden ones), the unintended consequence is that the RNG table was left pretty bone dry. There's no secret hope of rolling a Gjallarhorn etc from the Nightfall/Raid chest/etc

The downside of 3oC. Exotics are meant to be a big part of endgame loot, and everyone had them all (aside from the time-gated stuff) in the first week.

I solo'd the Nightfall and got 10 3oC :(

On SRL, I don't know why, but that jump on Mars just before the fans, 2 out of every 3 laps I fail to make the jump.
And I haven't missed a gate just before, and I enter the jump perfectly in the centre.

Deku Tree

I solo'd the Nightfall and got 10 3oC :(

On SRL, I don't know why, but that jump on Mars just before the fans, 2 out of every 3 laps I fail to make the jump.
And I haven't missed a gate just before, and I enter the jump perfectly in the centre.

If your racing helmet has the jump perk unlocked then you need to push back on the stick to make that jump.

If your racing helmet has the jump perk unlocked then you need to push back on the stick to make that jump.

My Helmet has that and I never use up or down on the left stick, thanks I'll try that.

I thought it was strange I never had that problem until recently, when my Helmet was upgraded.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
My only issue with the story is...

"It has been a long time since I saw a Guardian as good as you."
*level 40s running around everywhere*

Just say I'm part of a movement. It's okay. I don't have to be "The One" or anything.

Trakan

So all 3 classes have all 3 elemental subclasses available to them now. Is Bungie more likely to introduce new elements or will we get new subclasses with the old elements?

Ghazi

So all 3 classes have all 3 elemental subclasses available to them now. Is Bungie more likely to introduce new elements or will we get new subclasses with the old elements?
I can't see them adding more subclasses any time soon, they already have enough balancing to deal with for 9 subclasses.

Effect

If a new player is going to be playing Destiny now and picks up the Taken King versions that includes all parts of the game what should they do with the character boost?

Considering that a big part of Taken King was them focusing more on the story and how it was presented and how that was one of the worst parts of Destiny 1.0 I'm left not knowing what to do if I pick up the game on the PS4.

Is there any problem with boosting right away and going into the Taken King story in order to actually get a good story and presentation? Does the game take into account some players will do this and not bothered with the old content? Is there a recap or tutorial available?

Or does the game and Bungie still assume people will wad through the old content? Having to look at a website for story content is just unacceptable. I'm only considering this now because the game is on sale and half the price of a new copy.

Top Bottom