• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Chucker

Id saidwhat I was gonna say. Trials is a love/hate affair. I love it, but need to get back up to fighting weight, that's why tonight wasn't a loss for me. Lots of marks and a bootleg MG to raise my alt 20 light levels.

That said, I did as well as I thought I would, and def want to go for at least 5 wins tomorrow.

Saw TFA in 3D and it was glorious. BB-8 is so cute zomg

Rey is beautiful, but not as pretty as Ewan in the prequels amirite ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GlamFM

Banned
Bike-racing next pls.

d1vTuAE.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So looking at things, it appears that since the Queen's Wrath event is over, there is no way to rank up with that faction until they open another season for it?

So looking at things, it appears that since the Queen's Wrath event is over, there is no way to rank up with that faction until they open another season for it?

Petra offers 3 bounties each week that gives queens rep.

There is a taken wars questline that also gives queens rep.

HoW story missions (from the quest) gives queens rep.

Also, if you have any etheric light (can get it from prison of elders), that can be exchanged for queens rep.

12:40 minutes of Destiny clips in one compilation. The best of 2014 and 2015.
Thanks to all the GAFfers I've had the pleasure of playing with and the Sons of Mithras. Destiny has been so much more fun since I got to ditch LFG and join you lovely bunch.
The video gets muted on Youtube due to copyrights on the music, so a dailymotion link:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jlobg

Ghazi

Queen's Wrath has been over for a loooong time. They integrated it permanently into Petra Venj in the reef with weekly bounties. If you get to rank 3 after completing her TTK questline, you get an exotic.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
She has never shown bounties for me. Do they expire after a day or something? Do you need to finish the main story first? Being clueless with no information like this and needing to search around online and/or ask people is the thing I hate the most about MMOs.

Thanks to all the GAFfers I've had the pleasure of playing with and the Sons of Mithras. Destiny has been so much more fun since I got to ditch LFG and join you lovely bunch.
The video gets muted on Youtube due to copyrights on the music, so a dailymotion link:

Aww man amazing video i'm on the floor

send it to bungie when they're back from holidays

She has never shown bounties for me. Do they expire after a day or something? Do you need to finish the main story first? Being clueless with no information like this and needing to search around online and/or ask people is the thing I hate the most about MMOs.

Yea you will have to complete the taken wars reef questline first.

Gong

Thanks Pew for including my favourite moment in Trials at 7.00, I still laugh thinking about it. Like your other compilations this is top notch, thanks for the games in 2015 as well as the rest of SoM.

Hahaha, this was amazing. So many familiar DGAF names. :D

EJ in a car scene at ~8:50. LOL :D

blazeuk

Great video as usual Pew, the year has been a lot of fun (for the most part!), so many hilarious moments throughout. Let's hope next year has enough content to keep us going, I'll start a swear jar.

This is such an absolute shitmap for Trials. I'd rather play fucking Memento.

About to watch it, judging from the included moments others mentioned its gonna be amazing.

This is such an absolute shitmap for Trials. I'd rather play fucking Memento.

About to watch it, judging from the included moments others mentioned its gonna be amazing.

Why do you think it's a bad map? I've had to successful runs this weekend. I actually like it a lot for Trials. I think A side spawn can eat tough unless you push aggressively and C side spawn Heavy can be rough, but aside from that it's better than a Frontier or Bannerfall. I'm also a heavy shotgun user so that probably helps.

Lol great video, i enjoyed watching through all of that. I can see why you were annoying to play against in clash now. Some nice plays there.

Why do you think it's a bad map? I've had to successful runs this weekend. I actually like it a lot for Trials. I think A side spawn can eat tough unless you push aggressively and C side spawn Heavy can be rough, but aside from that it's better than a Frontier or Bannerfall. I'm also a heavy shotgun user so that probably helps.

Heavy shotgun user here as well. I preferred Frontier over this actually. Shotgun + Mida was very doable on that map.

This map just is way too campy for me. There is no map control going on at all, because each room can be attacked from 20 different sides. We just lost a couple matches where a team would huddle up way in the back of the map covering sniper lanes waiting for the flag to spawn, and then release hell with nades/melees/supers.

There is just no room to maneuver, AT ALL. Which makes it very boring, just sitting around waiting for someone to stick his head out at the wrong moment. On Frontier you could at least move around and find sneaky ways to flank people hardscoping those sniper lanes.

^if that made any sense, I'm raging right now.

Classic stuff Pew! Lots of memorable moments there!

Hahaha, this was amazing. So many familiar DGAF names. :D

EJ in a car scene at ~8:50. LOL :D

Dodged a Hammer and realized I couldn't move. Apparently I got front row tickets.

Heavy shotgun user here as well. I preferred Frontier over this actually. Shotgun + Mida was very doable on that map.

This map just is way too campy for me. There is no map control going on at all, because each room can be attacked from 20 different sides. We just lost a couple matches where a team would huddle up way in the back of the map covering sniper lanes waiting for the flag to spawn, and then release hell with nades/melees/supers.

There is just no room to maneuver, AT ALL. Which makes it very boring, just sitting around waiting for someone to stick his head out at the wrong moment. On Frontier you could at least move around and find sneaky ways to flank people hardscoping those sniper lanes.

^if that made any sense, I'm raging right now.

It makes perfect sense. I hate teams with a passion that stay back and camp. I understand your frustration. Those "tactics" are very cheap. That crap would make me rage too.

I've been lucky this weekend and haven't seen much camping. Maybe 1-2 rounds but never a full match.

It makes perfect sense. I hate teams with a passion that stay back and camp. I understand your frustration. Those "tactics" are very cheap. That crap would make me rage too.

I've been lucky this weekend and haven't seen much camping. Maybe 1-2 rounds but never a full match.

Yeah I think we had 7 out of 10 teams just refusing to come out their spawn. It makes for very boring matches and I'm just not willing to put up with it. Whatever though, hopefully I can nab an IB shotgun in a couple of days and wreck faces again.

Pew, just watched the compilation and it's so amazing. Awesome kills and hilarious moments, if you don't submit it to Bungie, I will :p

Deku Tree

You had to be there. Like ashes in the wind, its now gone.

The game is like 2 hours long so its not hard to imagine them wanting to add in grindy trophies.

Grindy? Wat? You can get them all in one playthrough, meaning ~2 hours. You only have to get lucky (no dc) with the companion one and even then if you lose your buddy there's a "workaround" where you if you get a new companion on the beggining of the ice level it will still give you the trophy.

Like Igor said they're actually really easy, especially if you happen to luckily stumble across a "white robe" guide.

The second time I played the game a random stranger (with a white robe, indicating they'd found all the secrets, trophies etc) came up to me and started showing me where all the secrets were. He would sit down with me until we got that trophy, etc.

By the time we finished the play through I had everything. It was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever, with no words exchanged between us. I love that game but can also understand why everyone might not have the same reaction.

Ok I spoke too soon. Yesterday I managed to 100% Journey. It was fun. I was just casually doing stuff and I met a white robe Sherpa who sat down with me and did five levels with me to get all the Co-op trophies and then I just finshed off the rest too.

FyreWulff

I really wish there was a Y2 Timepiece. I love pulling that thing out when I run PoE. Just has a good all around "feel" to it's gunplay.

Deku Tree

I really wish there was a Y2 Timepiece. I love pulling that thing out when I run PoE. Just has a good all around "feel" to it's gunplay.

You can farm the grasp. Or watch the gunsmith for the Suros PDX-41 (actually you recently missed a god roll). Or buy the hawksaw from the crucible vendor, that's pretty close for most people.

Sorry Kadey, that was a horrible card.

Was woeful, my lack of interest in the map or rewards means I can't get going with it, throw in camping italians, invincible/teleporting opponents and its a recipe for a quick card

Roll on the IB at least thats fun running with a full crew and hopefully the shotgun will come with a decent roll as I can't get on with the conspiracy theory

Haha nice video! What was the song after Safety Dance?

Top Bottom