• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

phen0m24

ROB PAGING ROB

FILTHY CASUAL PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE TRIALS NO PRESSURE

JUST FUN

MOSTL:Y FRENDEN

DEATH LIKELY ALSO MERCURY A PIPEDREAM

JOIN NOW

I'm planning on getting this game tomorrow. Should I just pick up The Taken King? And how does the raid system or fire teams work?

And of course, are y'all pretty regular players in the late night hours MDT?

ch4fx_

My errands are taking much longer than expected. With my travel home, I dont expect to be online until around 1000 central tonight.

Id like to run a raid, NM or HM does not matter. I have a Titan I am wanting to run through in hopes of a chest piece &/or gauntlets, so hopefully something can come together later tonight.

Will post again once I am free, just wanted to post here to give anyone a heads up in case a group is forming.

I'm down for this on my Titan or Hunter.

Hope to catch you online once I am free!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They make you feel badass.
They look terrible to me. So does the Taniks cloak.
I'm using the one I got from racing because it is by far my strongest cloak.
I need to level up with a faction to get one that doesn't look stupid.

Gammacide

Anyone feel like helping me shotgun the shield brothers for my very own chaperone? PSN is V1ctIm if so. Feel free to join!

Sorry for the double post. Slow thread now. :(

Frenden

Banned
Its fine.

fineeeeee.gif

Dice

I'm hopping on (XBO) to do Venus and Mars Taken Assault runs so I can be regularly earning rep with the queen. Add me if you'd like to help, gamertag: dicetrain

I think after that I'll go ahead and do Osiris stuff since win/lose doesn't matter too much.

Oh, my headset is in storage so sorry in advance about that.

I know there are several good ways to fix trials, but I do believe there should be a Flawless attempts average when facing people.

Year 2, me and my nephew have 0 and our buddy has 1, and we face a team that has 2x 17 Year2 flawless on a 4 win card. Just all kinds of fucked up.

Trying hard to help my nephew get his first and running into teams like that pisses me off. Shouldn't even be on the same tier.

maomaoIYP

I'm using the one I got from racing because it is by far my strongest cloak.
I need to level up with a faction to get one that doesn't look stupid.
Any cloak that makes hunters look like a balding old dude gets an automatic fail for me. That being said, I am never getting rid of my Chaos cloak.

E92 M3

I know there are several good ways to fix trials, but I do believe there should be a Flawless attempts average when facing people.

Year 2, me and my nephew have 0 and our buddy has 1, and we face a team that has 2x 17 Year2 flawless on a 4 win card. Just all kinds of fucked up.

Trying hard to help my nephew get his first and running into teams like that pisses me off. Shouldn't even be on the same tier.

Just not enough population for all of that, unfortunately.

Seems like every other team I faced this weekend had at least one dude with the Scarab emblem. Only the hardcore are left. Making Mercury is super hard these days.

Dice

I am so sick of seeing "The Taken corruption subsides" after I killed two lieutenants because I had to trust an incompetent guardian with the 3rd drop area. What a stupid idea on the devs part.

What time of day does the absolute most people play? I am so tired of killing the same fallen units and needing to go back to town because my inventory is full of encrypted engrams.

Ghazi

That would make the average connection in Trials worse, because the matchmaking would have to take that into account as well.

I am so sick of seeing "The Taken corruption subsides" after I killed two lieutenants because I had to trust an incompetent guardian with the 3rd drop area. What a stupid idea on the devs part.

What time of day does the absolute most people play? I am so tired of killing the same fallen units and needing to go back to town because my inventory is full of encrypted engrams.
I'll help out with the taken stuff if you still need them.

If you want to get into an area with more players, don't use a sparrow when transitioning from one place to another. Just walk into the next loading area. When you go from one section to another, it's actually matchmaking you into a "lobby" for that new section. Using a sparrow and crossing that section quickly seems to just put the player on their own.

Dice

I'll help out with the taken stuff if you still need them.

If you want to get into an area with more players, don't use a sparrow when transitioning from one place to another. Just walk into the next loading area. When you go from one section to another, it's actually matchmaking you into a "lobby" for that new section. Using a sparrow and crossing that section quickly seems to just put the player on their own.
I do and I will try that. I'm going to the downtown city area on Venus.

Lima

That would make the average connection in Trials worse, because the matchmaking would have to take that into account as well.

Not like it can get any worse than it is now. In Y2 I have seen more laggy matches than the entire year 1 of Trials.

Seems like every other team I faced this weekend had at least one dude with the Scarab emblem. Only the hardcore are left. Making Mercury is super hard these days.

Well I wouldn't take that over connection, but i mean we could get the best of both worlds. Great trials system + good connection. Why is that not an option?

Netcode fix is definitely 1st priority.

Ghazi

Not like it can get any worse than it is now. In Y2 I have seen more laggy matches than the entire year 1 of Trials.
I agree in that I've had more lag this year than last, but it could certainly be worse. It could be Iron Banner tier lag.
Well I wouldn't take that over connection, but i mean we could get the best of both worlds. Great trials system + good connection. Why is that not an option?

Netcode fix is definitely 1st priority.
Because the more filters you have when matchmaking, the longer it will take to find players and the average connection will be worse. Trials in year 1 worked nicely because all it was searching, afaik, is connection.

Dave_6

Well finally got a Fakebringer with Firefly but no Outlaw. It does have Hammer Forged though so I'll take that.

Dice

FUCKING FINALLY

Got help from just one person (I got good at making commander appear myself) so I could finish him off. Hopefully Mars goes a lot faster than this stupid planet.

Top Bottom