• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

SnakeEyes

Banned
Well finally got a Fakebringer with Firefly but no Outlaw. It does have Hammer Forged though so I'll take that.
So, basically, what you're saying is you still need to keep farming for the God-tier roll of that gun ^_^

Also, goddamn DGAF OT has been slow as shit! Hopefully there's going to be enough people on for when Iron Banner starts up...

radiohead1

Neo Member
I've been messing around a bit with an Imago Loop that I got early tonight, and I think it may be one of my favorite guns! It has Outlaw, Rifled Barrel, and Hidden Hand. The Hidden Hand helps with getting crits, which helps with Outlaw, and Rifled Barrel dramatically increases range at the expense of reload speed, which is nullified when I use Outlaw to reload.

Makes me feel OK about the crazy number of hours I spent this weekend doing the Nightfall.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Please, anyone with xbone. I'm at the Barrens on Mars.I got the champion to appear but the two idiots in the area were committed to some stupid protect-the-thing event.

gamertag dicetrain

ocean

Banned
So.

I haven't done a reset Raid since around the Hard Crota days. Can you save a Golgoroth checkpoint to go straight to Challenge a little later?

Any group need an extra for Challenge x3 at
Reset?

Edit: reset is tomorrow. I'm crazy.

Dave_6

So, basically, what you're saying is you still need to keep farming for the God-tier roll of that gun ^_^

Also, goddamn DGAF OT has been slow as shit! Hopefully there's going to be enough people on for when Iron Banner starts up...

Yeah lol, I'd still love to get the God-roll but it probably won't happen and I'm not farming anymore.

I agree in that I've had more lag this year than last, but it could certainly be worse. It could be Iron Banner tier lag.

Because the more filters you have when matchmaking, the longer it will take to find players and the average connection will be worse. Trials in year 1 worked nicely because all it was searching, afaik, is connection.

I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't mind the extra 10-15 seconds wait to find a better match with a better system.

And of course they'd have a timer for each priority:

1) Find match with similar avg flawless + good connection (15 seconds)
2) increase range of average. [from +- 5 to +- 10] (10 seconds)
3) Look for good connection and similar card
4) good connection

Can always have another thread running to keep checking #1. A lot of the Calcs can maybe be done before hand and saved in a cache after each match to enhance consecutive games (such as avg team flawless, some trend numbers on matches). Not sure how it's all done but just some suggestions. All numbers of course aren't set, just something to give an idea.

Maybe if there are a lot within 1-2 flawless playing currently the range is decreased.

I'm guessing they can use these stats but idk how much longer it'll take. Personally I'll wait an extra minute or so to get better matchmaking. Not sure what everyone's sweet spot is in terms of waiting.

the_id

So one of my PS4 controllers decided to act up today - every time i let go of L3 after a sprint, R2 gets triggered. I wasted a whole heavy ammo round with my machine gun because of this.

Is this a symptom of a broken PS4 controller or is this Bungie Working as Intended TM thing?

todd360

The dinosaur train always sells all it's tickets. Nothing stops this time traveling train.

Chucker

WORTH IT!

PS;
fuck those kids.

So disrespectful of my time. "Hey guys, could we move this along, it's 1AM."

"HURRRRR It's 4pm here chum"

12 Year Olds :(

The dinosaur train always sells all it's tickets. Nothing stops this time traveling train.

jcrJaXg.jpg

TIME TUNNEL APPROACHING

Hopefully the thread picks up a little for 3x challenge mode tomorrow night.

Was going to try get some trials in today but I not sure if I can be bothered now.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh good Mars only took like 6 cycles before I actually had backup to get the second Commander. I'M FREEEEEE!!

So.

I haven't done a reset Raid since around the Hard Crota days. Can you save a Golgoroth checkpoint to go straight to Challenge a little later?

Any group need an extra for Challenge x3 at
Reset?

Edit: reset is tomorrow. I'm crazy.

Yep, you can save a Golgo CP. Lots of folks have been just running the Challenge encounter each week. We save the relevant CP in our reset group each week then pass it around.

That said, activity is so slow I'm not sure how many other reset groups will be running. I believe our group is still full but if someone can't make it we'll definitely get you in there.

the_id

http://planetdestiny.com/crucibleradio/

The second part of the Bungie Sandbox interview with crucible radio is now up. Jon talks about Autorifles. Listening to it now.

I know some here do not like Crucible radio or Planet Destiny as they feel they're more Bungie PR folks now but I like listening to them, they give good conversation, at least something a bit more constructive than what I could get in forums.

First race today, 320 class item.

Doubt I'll have a chance at finding people but I'd like to run totems + Warpriest challenge x2 before reset for that sweet infusion fodder.

ocean

Banned
Yep, you can save a Golgo CP. Lots of folks have been just running the Challenge encounter each week. We save the relevant CP in our reset group each week then pass it around.

That said, activity is so slow I'm not sure how many other reset groups will be running. I believe our group is still full but if someone can't make it we'll definitely get you in there.
Oh sweet I'd love to grab any dropout's spot if you have one. I'll keep an eye peeled at the thread!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anyone still need to run Nightfalls, or just do anything in general? I'm tossing up whether to put Destiny into my PS4 or just go back to playing Fallout 4, and I haven't been on at all this week for activities.

I could help you with nightfall, but I'll need 10 minutes to get online.

Inapp I can help with warpriest if you get a group going. Time to muster the sons :p

Also since it will be the final day for SRL in 1.5 hours, I'm happy to help with boost trains for whoever still needs to get wins for license and book completions.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I could help you with nightfall, but I'll need 10 minutes to get online.

Inapp I can help with warpriest if you get a group going. Time to muster the sons :p

Also since it will be the final day for SRL in 1.5 hours, I'm happy to help with boost trains for whoever still needs to get wins for license and book completions.
Sweet, we'll wait for you.

the_id

According to Newsk and Sage, Tounella SR4, Plan C and Super Good Advice are found to be anomalies in the current Meta where there are causing greater kills compared to other weapons in the game. Tounella apparently is higher than Mida. And for some reason, they're not sure why.

Oh...and Defender Titan is the best class to use in control as teams with Defender titans tend to do well. Guess I'll be using that for Iron Banner.

According to Newsk and Sage, Tounella SR4, Plan C and Super Good Advice are found to be anomalies in the current Meta where there are causing greater kills compared to other weapons in the game. Tounella apparently is higher than Mida. And for some reason, they're not sure why.

Oh...and Defender Titan is the best class to use in control as teams with Defender titans tend to do well. Guess I'll be using that for Iron Banner.

Just listened to it all, some world class dodging of questions especially on custom games

the_id

Just listened to it all, some world class dodging of questions especially on custom games
At least they are saying they're working on new stuff which is great. Although its understandable that they can't say anything about it yet most likely from a business perspective.

They're also saying that keeping the game balanced is taking the time budget of the new things they're working on. This is the most of I've heard Bungie talk about the game compared to DeeJ's BWU.

Bishop89

From all that I've heard, the taken king improves everything about the game.

How much difference is there actually between that dlc and the latest version of the base game? (2.00 was it?)

the_id

From all that I've heard, the taken king improves everything about the game.

How much difference is there actually between that dlc and the latest version of the base game? (2.00 was it?)

There is a marked difference in the quality of the game. You'll notice the production values jump up going from the base game to The Taken King. From story to the mission design. Base gameplay is still the same, still the excellent gunplay.

As for PVP, I think there are some year one maps that aren't in circulation as often such as the big ones where you need the sparrow to go around.

deadfolk

I have Destiny and now TTK on my PS4 on my US account, but I play on my EU account. Is there a way I can verify in-game that TTK is active when playing on my EU account?

Top Bottom