• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Dave_6

I'm pumped for IB this week. Want to get as much of the armor as possible for all three of my characters. Hopefully there will be some GAF trains going every night this week.

Namikaze1

322 races completed. My rank took a massive hit from all those races I threw. Last time I checked (which was one and half to two weeks ago) I was nearing 5k.

Sh0k

322 races completed. My rank took a massive hit from all those races I threw. Last time I checked (which was one and half to two weeks ago) I was nearing 5k.

How do you check how many races you conpleted? At rank 6 at the moment, not one 320 mark dropped :(

Rank took a hit? Where are you seeing your rank?

I just look at the top times on Guardian.gg

Edit: Nevermind, I think I found it. #2242 with an ELO of 1575. Not bad since not having played since the 18th I guess.

Yeap but I guess I did the Warpriest in both... I just need to know if I did the CM because I remember I didn't.

I want to play trials but I'm not sure if I'm a strong back lol

That's fine, but we're only playing final bosses so it's probably not going to help you get wins on a fresh card. If you're stll up for it feel free to join!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Was doing crucible for marks and went beast mode for my team, got 2.33 k/d. Feels good.

My "gear isn't good enough" to play Osiris, so I guess I won't get cool black/gold stuff because it is highly unlikely I'll upgrade it far enough in time.

So apparently I need better gear to do Trials. But can it be more specific? What gear do I need to improve on? I'm 200 Light Lv.

Min. Recommended light is 280. Do court of Oryx, quests, strikes and what not to raise your light level. Also, exotics will help a lot too.

Really, just keep working on your quests and such. Eventually you'll hit 260, which means you can start working on Heroic Strikes (in the playlist), which is basically the "snowball" part of getting gear to climb up to 290ish.

I just did this with my Warlock.

Namikaze1

First in last 10 races. Only a single helmet for my troubles. About to just go back to throwing races.

How do you check how many races you conpleted? At rank 6 at the moment, not one 320 mark dropped :(
guardian.gg

Click the Elo tab and then SRL under the platform you play on.
Search your name and the last number column is the games completed column.

Rank took a hit? Where are you seeing your rank?

I just look at the top times on Guardian.gg

Edit: Nevermind, I think I found it. #2242 with an ELO of 1575. Not bad since not having played since the 18th I guess.
I was in the late 5ks back when I actually tried to beat my previous Mars/Venus race times and wasn't intentionally throwing races. Now I'm in the 333ks.

RIP HyperDoughnut32

Lol how did you even know about my original Xbox Gamer Tag? Honestly it was so good I was tempted to leave it but it was more important to get the same name as my PSN. Gotta standardize my online personas. Speaking of which, still need to get my Gaf name changed eventually...

Lol how did you even know about my original Xbox Gamer Tag? Honestly it was so good I was tempted to leave it but it was more important to get the same name as my PSN. Gotta standardize my online personas. Speaking of which, still need to get my Gaf name changed eventually...

WTF is a Boguester?

Namikaze1

About to form a SRL train. It's all I'm gonna be doing today anyway. Might as well form a train and let people complete the SRL quest if they haven't yet.

GunnerZ

Helped out 2 dudes from the tower with a nightfall this morning, let alone they were getting it mixed up with the raid.(telling me we needed 6 people).

I helped them do the nightfall for they're first time ever, and after 1 hour we kill the undying mind. One of them gets an imago loop.

his role:

Outlaw
Smallbore
Firefly

I was happy for the dude but...
The salt was so strong you wouldn't even belive

Dudes running around with swords is ridiculous. Talk about overkill. You've no chance against them unless you see them from a distance. Some maps, however, have too many corners and obstacles to give you a chance of picking them off.

E92 M3

Helped out 2 dudes from the tower with a nightfall this morning, let alone they were getting it mixed up with the raid.(telling me we needed 6 people).

I helped them do the nightfall for they're first time ever, and after 1 hour we kill the undying mind. One of them gets an imago loop.

his role:

Outlaw
Smallbore
Firefly

Always happens like that lol

his role:

Outlaw
Smallbore
Firefly

lol, he probably dismantled it soon after :p

Deku Tree

his role:

Outlaw
Smallbore
Firefly

Sounds like the dude really needs it though.

embalm

Would someone explain the way factions work for me?

It looks like there are 3 of them that I choose. The others like Crucible and Crota's Bane seem like they are always active.

What does joining a faction do for you. Is it worth doing early in the game or is it something for late/end game?

ethomaz

Banned

It looks like there are 3 of them that I choose. The others like Crucible and Crota's Bane seem like they are always active.

What does joining a faction do for you. Is it worth doing early in the game or is it something for late/end game?
Each faction give packages each rank up that give you faction exclusive loop (random of course).

WTF is a Macello?

:p
It's Italian for "slaughter." :D

his role:

Outlaw
Smallbore
Firefly

Nathan yelled from upstairs "I got a purple gun from PvP."

I thought if he gets a Party Crasher before me, I'll delete his account.

It was a Spare Change.

Factions give you rewards for ranking up with them (shaders, weapons, ships, and even quests iirc). It's absolutely worth it to join a faction now that you get both crucible and vanguard rep while allied to a faction.

Dead orbit seems to be the faction everyone goes for. I'm leveling New Monarchy on my Titan, Dead Orbit on my hunter, and FWC on my Warlock. You can switch alliances every week though, so you're not really locked into one.

Oh, hey. Question for you guys.

I've noticed now for about 2 months or so, maybe once a day my controller seems to lose signal from my PS4 for about 2 seconds, and the last input I had is held in place for those 2 seconds.

Have any of you guys experienced anything like that? I can't imagine it's a hardware issue with my controller going out since it happens so irregularly.

It's easiest to notice if I'm straffing or aiming, and my reticle keeps heading into a specific direction at an irregular speed.

Any thoughts?

E92 M3

I'm listening to part 2 of the Crucible podcast and the common theme again is instead of making everything super-desirable, fun/useful items get brought down to a lower level.

I've noticed now for about 2 months or so, maybe once a day my controller seems to lose signal from my PS4 for about 2 seconds, and the last input I had is held in place for those 2 seconds.

Have any of you guys experienced anything like that? I can't imagine it's a hardware issue with my controller going out since it happens so irregularly.

It's easiest to notice if I'm straffing or aiming, and my reticle keeps heading into a specific direction at an irregular speed.

Any thoughts?

Do you use a wireless headset? I've heard they can cause interference with the DS4 in weird ways.

Any thoughts?

Wireless interference, happened with me few months ago. keep your phone and any other electronic device that emit wireless/bluetooth signals away.

LTWood12

I'm sure I've raced a lot less than the Nami's of the world, but at Rank 4 and have yet to see a 320 helmet or class item. over the weekend I got probably 15 class items until I saw another helmet (none of which were 320). Highest anything I've seen is 318.

/PJSalt

his role:

Outlaw
Smallbore
Firefly

I,i cant even..
😖

SpecX

Is it worth buying the book at this point and does anyone know if you buy it, will it capture any of the objectives as completed if you met the requirement before the purchase? I have everything except the wins on Venus, so might be an easy check for me.

Hahaha I thought it was a funny name. Sounds like my old Default Router Name from Linksys, Adjective + Animal + random number, but doughnut is better!

I saw you playing with Stabie and Jigga, added you and then saw that you changed your name on your history :p

Is it worth buying the book at this point and does anyone know if you buy it, will it capture any of the objectives as completed if you met the requirement before the purchase? I have everything except the wins on Venus, so might be an easy check for me.

Yes, the game has been keeping track of everything and it will capture it all if you buy it.

Just remember when you buy the book you have to go into it and confirm the objectives you've completed, same way you turn in a bounty. If that makes sense.

Deku Tree

Yes it keeps track of all of your SRL stats before you bought it.

It does but do you really want to spend $10 for cosmetic stuff?

Stuff that if you delete, apart from shader and emblem, can not be obtained again.

Top Bottom