• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I'm sure I've raced a lot less than the Nami's of the world, but at Rank 4 and have yet to see a 320 helmet or class item. over the weekend I got probably 15 class items until I saw another helmet (none of which were 320). Highest anything I've seen is 318.

/PJSalt

I haven't checked in a while but I have done about 350 races I'd imagine and received two 320 helmets and seven 320 class items with an absurd amount of 313 helmets and some 314-319 helmets / class items stockpiled as well.

SpecX

Yes, the game has been keeping track of everything and it will capture it all if you buy it.

Just remember when you buy the book you have to go into it and confirm the objectives you've completed, same way you turn in a bounty. If that makes sense.

Yes it keeps track of all of your SRL stats before you bought it.

It does but do you really want to spend $10 for cosmetic stuff?

Stuff that if you delete, apart from shader and emblem, can not be obtained again.
Thanks everyone, you have a point Death. I held off since the price was steep for cosmetics so I might not bother but wanted to ask.

On a side note, Just got a 320 helmet! Think I'm done with racing now as I will not be able to hit rank 4.

Lima

It does but do you really want to spend $10 for cosmetic stuff?

Stuff that if you delete, apart from shader and emblem, can not be obtained again.

I mean they said that they are working on a fix so that you can get that stuff back. Should be before SRL comes back around or becomes a permanent playlist tbh.

The bigger crime is that the perk on the Momentum helmet was not fixed to the pitch perk and I got all three helmets with the stupid spawn sparrow faster perk.

So of course I deleted them because they are not helping me win in SRL.

My wireless headset keeps cutting in and out and it pisses me off. It started happening recently and it's not the headset because it happens to both headsets that I have. Does this happen to anyone else?

About to form a SRL train. It's all I'm gonna be doing today anyway. Might as well form a train and let people complete the SRL quest if they haven't yet.

I need 2 wins to finish my S license. If I actually care enough to bother I'll hop in if there's a full train. Unless we get matched w super scrubby blueberries I won't be able to win on my own, lol.

WTF is a Boguester?

Wife's maiden name is Bogue (like Vogue magazine), it's been my nickname for her for years.

The bigger crime is that the perk on the Momentum helmet was not fixed to the pitch perk and I got all three helmets with the stupid spawn sparrow faster perk.

So of course I deleted them because they are not helping me win in SRL.

No, the biggest crime was Deej saying on twitter that you could "earn" the SRL stuff that makes you light up like a Christmas tree.

He forgot to add that you have to "pay and earn".

sureeee would be nice to be able to reforge this imago loop bungie...ya know, the way we used to be able to do?

whats that? no because fuck fun?

gotcha

No, the biggest crime was Deej saying on twitter that you could "earn" the SRL stuff that makes you light up like a Christmas tree.

He forgot to add that you have to "pay and earn".

Well, he wasn't wrong until they hotfixed the SRL book so you couldn't loot it without buying it.

I have a 5-0 card from last night with the mercy still in tact. Hoping to get my nephew to Mercury for the first time!

Can't wait to continue shortly, when him and his buddy get on.

Trakan

Oh, hey. Question for you guys.

I've noticed now for about 2 months or so, maybe once a day my controller seems to lose signal from my PS4 for about 2 seconds, and the last input I had is held in place for those 2 seconds.

Have any of you guys experienced anything like that? I can't imagine it's a hardware issue with my controller going out since it happens so irregularly.

It's easiest to notice if I'm straffing or aiming, and my reticle keeps heading into a specific direction at an irregular speed.

Any thoughts?

Are you talking about the deadzone glitch? That happens to me at least once a day. It's when R3 will get stuck for a few seconds and I'll just spin around in circles. I've read that one happens often for people.

Raven117

They also talked about Destiny not feeling like work or chores. Funny how that vision never comes to fruition.

IMO, for the vast majority of players, its not a chore. Not like it was in the Vanilla days anyway. That was a chore...

The vertical progression from 1 to about light level 290 is pretty consistent...play...level up..yay!

Its when you get into the raid and trying to get 300 or higher is when things get very spotty.

Remember, we are the .04%. The leveling system was really never aimed at the end game.

How's the Xbox?

It's legit dude, I'm digging it. Me, Unstable, Jigga, and Koro (until he fell asleep or something, hah) played the entire Halo 5 campaign on heroic. It was super fun, they were all pros and showed me how to steamroll through it.

Me and Stabie played some PvP but I was real terrible and any ranked playlist would match us against mega pros because the skill MM was based on his super high Elo. I liked it a lot though and will hopefully get better before too long...

I've been saying it like Bogus-tuur...

Whoops.

Lol yeah, that's another reason I should change it to DrDrizzay. It's not exactly easy or obvious to pronounce.

Anyone wants to do some SRL?

If we can get a full team I'd join for a few. Kinda sorta wanna get 2 wins for that S license.

E92 M3

It's legit dude, I'm digging it. Me, Unstable, Jigga, and Koro (until he fell asleep or something, hah) played the entire Halo 5 campaign on heroic. It was super fun, they were all pros and showed me how to steamroll through it.

Me and Stabie played some PvP but I was real terrible and any ranked playlist would match us against mega pros because the skill MM was based on his super high Elo. I liked it a lot though and will hopefully get better before too long...

Lol yeah, that's another reason I should change it to DrDrizzay. It's not exactly easy or obvious to pronounce.

If we can get a full team I'd join for a few. Kinda sorta wanna get 2 wins for that S license.

Don't forget to change your control settings - that is fundamental!

In my 2nd race today and 340th overall according to the SRL Book I received my 3rd 320 helmet. With two extra 320 helmets, I can now infuse my Celestial Nighthawk and Graviton to 320 (both are currently 318). There goes the debate on which build to eventually take to 320, thankfully.

SRL and Oryx CM has been good to me in getting all three characters 320 helmets and different builds as well.

Golgi, about those chest pieces this week. Could potentially hit 320 on all three characters.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just killed my first Ascendant thing. By the way he was just floating in place seething I don't think he expected me to have void powered cluster bomb rockets.

Man I gotta say this game has the best sound design/music. So fucking good.

Defuser

Anybody still can't adjust in this current PVP meta? Nearly all primary weapons got nerfed badly that everybody is resorting to 1000 Yard Stare sniping/Conspiracy Theory D shotgunning as their main weapon while topping it off with supers, heavies and TLW. It's a fucking joke now because the TTK is even quicker than before,it's like playing COD.

No point using MIDA/Scout Rifles when you can't have a fighting chance to outbeat snipers or when sniping is a better alternative.

No point using Handcannons,Auto Rifles or even Mid/Low impact Pulse Rifles when you get outgunned by instant kill Conspiracy Theory Ds and Party Crashers.

Namikaze1

Sure.

Though, haven't seen anyone else respond to the post.

Anybody still can't adjust in this current PVP meta? Nearly all primary weapons got nerfed badly that everybody is resorting to 1000 Yard Stare sniping/Conspiracy Theory D shotgunning as their main weapon while topping it off with supers, heavies and TLW. It's a fucking joke now because the TTK is even quicker than before,it's like playing COD.

No point using MIDA/Scout Rifles when you can't have a fighting chance to outbeat snipers or when sniping is a better alternative.

No point using Handcannons,Auto Rifles or even Mid/Low impact Pulse Rifles when you get outgunned by instant kill Conspiracy Theory Ds and Party Crashers.

I'm ok with how things are at the moment as any playstyle can be successful. Whats killing it for me is the lag, my personal sine wave is all over the place at the moment

Top Bottom