• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

reKon

Banned
I did my first two heroic strikes last night and had a terrible experience. That vex strike where you have to pick up the orb thing and place it into the compartment has to be one of the hardest ones when you don't have a good team. I played once with a team and they quit after the first try. With the 2nd team it took us like 4 runs to beat it.

The other strike I did, there was basically one player who didn't do anything the entire time and did the dancing emote during most of the boss battle in another room. We were playing the Kabul mission where you have to kill the tank, the three soldiers, and then Kabul general dude who spams the rockets the entire match. I've reported him (and saved a recording), but I doubt that will do anything.

I'm sure I've raced a lot less than the Nami's of the world, but at Rank 4 and have yet to see a 320 helmet or class item. over the weekend I got probably 15 class items until I saw another helmet (none of which were 320). Highest anything I've seen is 318.

/PJSalt
man, I got lucky. right when I hit Rank 3, I got my only 320 helmet.
I've gotten a few other lower LL helmets in the meantime, but I've not really been racing that much.

Namikaze1

Wow. Literally nothing from that race while everyone else got something, even if it was a horn. Heck, even the guy who was a lap behind got something.

I haven't seen anything over 310 in SRL... or at all, for that matter. Took a few months off and never touched Oryx Hard so I guess I'm doomed to 310 for now lol

Namikaze1

Racing for nearly 5 hours now.

Haven't lost yet.

Ain't giving up till the event ends or when I finally get a freaking 320 class item. Just want one at this point.

Due to time constraints and playing at odd hours when I do (can't voice chat, would wake everyone up). I exclusively play Destiny in Crucible (and some single player stuff). Is that weird? I really, really enjoy Crucible/PVP content in this game.

Has there been any word on the SRL racing mode becoming a permanent inclusion? I'd love for them to expand on it with more tracks. Although that's probably something they will flesh out even more in Destiny 2, perhaps with vehicular combat as an option.

When is SRL supposed to end?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Wait. WTF. 320 Helmets drop in Racing???

I havent touched racing at all but i wouldnt mind getting 320 stuff without doing hard mode raids.

Can someone please confirm? What else can I get? Isnt tonight the last day for racing?

Highwind

I havent touched racing at all but i wouldnt mind getting 320 stuff without doing hard mode raids.

Can someone please confirm? What else can I get? Isnt tonight the last day for racing?

I got a 320 helm the other day on my hunter.

If you make it to rank 3 310+ helms and class items can drop and they drop often I've found.

Axoman

Racing for nearly 5 hours now.

Haven't lost yet.

Ain't giving up till the event ends or when I finally get a freaking 320 class item. Just want one at this point.

I can't believe I may have something Nami doesn't. There is a disturbance in the force.

320 class item and 320 helmet. SRL has been on for 3 weeks, where have you been?

Even if you play all day till the reset, it's unlikely you'll make it to rank 3.

Minamu

Bought the game today with all expansions. I've read the tips and tricks in the OP, are there any other tips for a newbie? I played in one of the betas but it was a long time ago :)

Bought the game today with all expansions. I've read the tips and tricks in the OP, are there any other tips for a newbie? I played in one of the betas but it was a long time ago :)

Sounds like you need a new friend to do special quests (no seriously: within the first week newer players can do special quests from Bungie's Refer-A-Friend program) . Grind to level 40 and then grind some strikes. GAF will help you do raids and harder end game stuff :)

I will edit to include a link to end game activity that you should keep in mind.

Edit: You should take Church (Subtervotion) refer-a-friend option up if you have a chance. You will want to do these missions with someone committed to Destiny and they will help you learn about the game much faster than just reading post on reddit or GAF.

Namikaze1

Taking a 15 minute break from racing. Skipped breakfast in the hopes that a 320 class item would drop for me.

One did.

For the guy below me.

SlimySnake

320 class item and 320 helmet. SRL has been on for 3 weeks, where have you been?

Even if you play all day till the reset, it's unlikely you'll make it to rank 3.
Been taking a break since BLOPS 3 hit a couple of months ago.

Oh well.

Hey Minamu, I remember you from other threads back in the day. Welcome to DGAF. First tip is don't use your spark of light (insta- level 25 buff) on a character unless you want to take full advantage of it. Like going from 1 -25. You only get one spark of light.

What class are you playing as now? I think you have to get to level 15 before you can change your sub class, but imo the best sub classes for each class are Defender (Titan), Nighstalker (Hunter), and Sunsinger (Warlock). Stormcaller is a very close second for Warlock though.

Also if you are on PS4 I'd love to do the refer a friend option with you. We'd play some co-op missions together and get some emotes and emblems.

Either way add me if you're on PS4. PSN: Subtervotion

SlimySnake

Always, always equip your highest level armor before you decrypt your engrams. Always. They game looks at your overall light level and gives you a better light level piece more often than not. This is especially critical once you hit level 40 and have to go from 200 to 290.

Same applies for Nightfall and Raid drops. Make sure you have the highest light level at the end of each Nightfall Strike and boss battles.

Once you hit Level 295+, stop decrypting exotic armor or even weapons. Save them until you hit level 300+. You now have a 50-50 chance of dropping a 310 exotic weapon or armor.

Remember that the real game starts after level 40. Dont get attached to any of the early guns. Just play through the campaign and try not to quit. Once you hit level 40, you should be around 240 which means you can now play Daily missions on hard. At 260, you can try Weekly Heroic strikes. 280 Weekly Nightfall strikes and then the raid at 290. That is where the game becomes so damn fun. The challenge of it. The awesome Weapons that drop and the constant leveling up and fighting the mother fucking cryptarch.

Once you are in the 290s. start saving up your blue engrams for your alt characters. You HAVE to try all three classes or you are missing out on 2/3rds of the game. By saving up blues, For my Hunter and Titan, I went from light level 230 to 290 in a matter of minutes instead of around a dozen hours.

Remember that there are extra missions after you finish TTK's campaign that award you Legendary marks and 280-300 weapons. make them a priority.

NTTE get. Interesting perk. Basically infinite ammo. Is this a good pulse rifle, at least for PvE? Seems like it.

Also, got an exotic helmet engram from the final NTTE boss (based 3oC).
Can I give that engram to my Titan in hopes of getting a Titan helmet upon decryption or is it already a Warlock helmet inside?

NTTE get. Interesting perk. Basically infinite ammo. Is this a good pulse rifle, at least for PvE? Seems like it.

Also, got an exotic helmet engram from the final NTTE boss (based 3oC).
Can I give that engram to my Titan in hopes of getting a Titan helmet upon decryption or is it already a Warlock helmet inside?

I don't think it matters but you may have a greater chance getting a Titan helmet if you decrypt on your Titan. Just don't be mad if it turns into a Warlock helmet anyway.

Minamu

Sounds like you need a new friend to do special quests (no seriously: within the first week newer players can do special quests from Bungie's Refer-A-Friend program) . Grind to level 40 and then grind some strikes. GAF will help you do raids and harder end game stuff :)

I will edit to include a link to end game activity that you should keep in mind.

Edit: You should take Church (Subtervotion) refer-a-friend option up if you have a chance. You will want to do these missions with someone committed to Destiny and they will help you learn about the game much faster than just reading post on reddit or GAF.
Thanks, sounds like a plan :)

Hey Minamu, I remember you from other threads back in the day. Welcome to DGAF. First tip is don't use your spark of light (insta- level 25 buff) on a character unless you want to take full advantage of it. Like going from 1 -25. You only get one spark of light.

What class are you playing as now? I think you have to get to level 15 before you can change your sub class, but imo the best sub classes for each class are Defender (Titan), Nighstalker (Hunter), and Sunsinger (Warlock). Stormcaller is a very close second for Warlock though.

Also if you are on PS4 I'd love to do the refer a friend option with you. We'd play some co-op missions together and get some emotes and emblems.

Either way add me if you're on PS4. PSN: Subtervotion
Hey, yeah I remember you from somewhere too :D I put that item carefully in the vault first thing! I'm currently a lvl 2 or 3 female awoken warlock, on the ps4, indeed. Same name there as here :) I can't say when and where I can play (not to mention being in Sweden), I ought to prioritize looking for work, but the deal was too good ;)

Always, always equip your highest level armor before you decrypt your engrams. Always. They game looks at your overall light level and gives you a better light level piece more often than not. This is especially critical once you hit level 40 and have to go from 200 to 290.

Same applies for Nightfall and Raid drops. Make sure you have the highest light level at the end of each Nightfall Strike and boss battles.

Once you hit Level 295+, stop decrypting exotic armor or even weapons. Save them until you hit level 300+. You now have a 50-50 chance of dropping a 310 exotic weapon or armor.

Remember that the real game starts after level 40. Dont get attached to any of the early guns. Just play through the campaign and try not to quit. Once you hit level 40, you should be around 240 which means you can now play Daily missions on hard. At 260, you can try Weekly Heroic strikes. 280 Weekly Nightfall strikes and then the raid at 290. That is where the game becomes so damn fun. The challenge of it. The awesome Weapons that drop and the constant leveling up and fighting the mother fucking cryptarch.

Once you are in the 290s. start saving up your blue engrams for your alt characters. You HAVE to try all three classes or you are missing out on 2/3rds of the game. By saving up blues, For my Hunter and Titan, I went from light level 230 to 290 in a matter of minutes instead of around a dozen hours.

Remember that there are extra missions after you finish TTK's campaign that award you Legendary marks and 280-300 weapons. make them a priority.
Always wear your best, check! :)

I don't think it matters but you may have a greater chance getting a Titan helmet if you decrypt on your Titan. Just don't be mad if it turns into a Warlock helmet anyway.
Warlock is 314.
Titan is 295.
Got Helm of Saint on the Titan anyway, it ain't going nowhere. Might as well decrpyt on Warlock and use it as infusion fodder. :D

Frenden

Banned
There is literally no one on the Dreadnaught. Can anyone lend a hand to get the SRL quest out of the way?

If you have runes, all the better. I think I only have one and you need two.

Top Bottom