• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Just make sure you don't talk.., erm sing, to yourself, its creepy :p

HOW WERE THE CHRISTMAS THEMED STROOPWAFELS THO?!?!?!

So what does SniperGAF think, raid sniper or 1k stare for PVP? I'll take whatever has the most AA. Does Hot Swap do anything for snipers? I have a raid sniper with that perk. Also have it with Firefly.

Raid sniper has the highest AA and Hot Swap is probably the best perk for it. Otherwise 1K stare isn't a bad option either. I've seen some videos of folks on headshot sprees with the Raid sniper.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have over 60 marks now. Should I get some chest armor from the engram guy (I'm rank 3) or would it be better to get a guaranteed 280 piece from somewhere else?

What's going happ..
Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

might as well sit back here

I know I say this stuff all the time but let's please keep the personal negativity off the forum. This is the Destiny OT, it's not appropriate to hash out personal grievances on the board.

Spamikaze isn't worth the ban bruh.

Also, I wasn't joking about my sniper post. Halp pls. Shotguns are too unreliable in this meta.

The 1000 Yard Stare quest reward from the Taken War Earth quest is the best PvP sniper that's available from a guaranteed drop. Raid sniper is good but too low impact for anything outside 6v6. Give it a spin in Banner if you want but be sure to use the Hot Swap version since the bonus accuracy is noticeable.

Unless you get lucky w a God roll 1kYS from the Cryptarch Lottery then the Taken War Earth is your best bet, especially for Trials/3v3.

phen0m24

I have over 60 marks now. Should I get some chest armor from the engram guy (I'm rank 3) or would it be better to get a guaranteed 280 piece from somewhere else?

You should be making SP expansions for Battlefront and not playing Destiny. :p

No on the engram guy. Those armor pieces are NOT guaranteed. You could end up with a class item or an artifact.

Deku Tree

Yeah please stop the personal negative posts. Send people PMs or contact them some other way if you must. It makes this place seem toxic and unfriendly to new players. I don't like it.

phen0m24

Yeah please stop the personal negative posts. Send people PMs or contact them some other way if you must. It makes this place seem toxic and unfriendly to new players. I don't like it.

High five for the Tree Guy™

Was I right on the armor engrams? I'm sure I bought one once and got something completely not what I was looking for

High five for the Tree Guy™

Was I right on the armor engrams? I'm sure I bought one once and got something completely not what I was looking for

You can get Artifacts from any armor engram, this is true. Not class items though, those only come from their respective engrams. For whatever reason they didn't make artifact engrams but instead made them random drops from every other armor engram.

It's risky to buy an armor engram if you are short on marks and really need a specific armor piece.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I know I say this stuff all the time but let's please keep the personal negativity off the forum. This is the Destiny OT, it's not appropriate to hash out personal grievances on the board.

The 1000 Yard Stare quest reward from the Taken War Earth quest is the best PvP sniper that's available from a guaranteed drop. Raid sniper is good but too low impact for anything outside 6v6. Give it a spin in Banner if you want but be sure to use the Hot Swap version since the bonus accuracy is noticeable.

Unless you get lucky w a God roll 1kYS from the Cryptarch Lottery then the Taken War Earth is your best bet, especially for Trials/3v3.

Remind me again what the perks are on that 1KYS?

Not only that its just creepy as fuck. Oh boo someone didnt like a dum, convoluted tournament, get over it and stop harassing a person over it.

Namikaze1

Taking a break from this community. Not a fan of folks posting private info (real name + location via tweet) here or the name calling. This...whatever this is ended for me on Friday morning. Not sure why bring it up again when I personally moved past from it. Rather than risk a ban, I'm just gonna take a break from posting here.

Ape, Igor, and Todd, if you need me for trials, send me a message via PSN.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's a Boston vs UK thing. They have hated each other since the revolutionary war. Braveheart is one of my favorite movies. Can never forget the theme.

This Chef Salad is lovely.

Taking a break from this community. Not a fan of folks posting private info (real name + location via tweet) here or the name calling. This...whatever this is ended for me on Friday morning. Not sure why bring it up again when I personally moved past from it. Rather than risk a ban, I'm just gonna take a break from posting here.

Wait, who the fuck did that? What the fuck at those people who did that. Those people need to get the fuck out of this community.

Come on dude. Dont let this get you down. Its not the same without you.

It's a Boston vs UK thing. They have hated each other since the revolutionary war. Braveheart is one of my favorite movies. Can never forget the theme.

This Chef Salad is lovely.

This post has history, a movie, soundtrack and food. Impressive amount of subjects in very few words.

Edit: dont make the drama worse guys

SheHateMe

8 races since I've been home. 8.

I've gotten a 320, 319, 318, and a 315 helmet.

I've gotten zero class items.

All 8 races have been on MARS. I DONT NEED WINS ON MARS.

VENUS.

VENUS, BUNGIE. VENUS. RHYNES WITH PENIS. YOU KNOW? PENIS? THAT THING YOU'RE BEING TO ME RIGHT NOW?

PENIS. er... VENUS.

VENUS.

AND CLASS ITEMS. 320 CLASS ITEMS.

Frenden

Banned
8 races since I've been home. 8.

I've gotten a 320, 319, 318, and a 315 helmet.

I've gotten zero class items.

All 8 races have been on MARS. I DONT NEED WINS ON MARS.

VENUS.

VENUS, BUNGIE. VENUS. RHYNES WITH PENIS. YOU KNOW? PENIS? THAT THING YOU'RE BEING TO ME RIGHT NOW?

PENIS. er... VENUS.

VENUS.

AND CLASS ITEMS. 320 CLASS ITEMS.

I have a shitload of wins on Mars and only six on Venus. It's all I have left. Anecodtally, I feel like I get Mars more than Venus in the map rotation.

Stay classy DGAF. Everyone is to blame. Let's just move on.

In this case, not really everyone. It's people literally misconstruing what someone said, accrediting comments never made about something to them, and then being malicious over it.

If you've seen me have arguments with people over merits of how they present a discussion, then you would know I heavily despise when people misconstrue and obfuscate things.

the_id

Nami...we're gonna miss you. Be sure to join the IB trains with us though. Good times with the X-mas eve drunk raid with swords and SRL gear.

Wait, who the fuck did that? What the fuck at those people who did that. Those people need to get the fuck out of this community.

No one did, he's been called out on his nonsense that he posted on here and twitter (which he's since deleted as it was slagging of other gaffers)

See ya Nami

No one did, he's been called out on his nonsense that he posted on here and twitter (which he's since deleted as it was slagging of other gaffers)

See ya Nami

It's not his fault some people don't know how to read post order. But alas, the blind leading the blind and harassing people who can actually see.

How pitiful of you, really.

It's not his fault some people don't know how to read post order. But alas, the blind leading the blind and harassing people who can actually see.

How pitiful of you, really.

Please stop Breezy. You're making it worse and doing what we're all trying to avoid by posting personal insults.

Everyone move on. Let's get back to posting about the actual game, what little there is to say about it currently. Stuff like this:

VENUS, BUNGIE. VENUS. RHYNES WITH PENIS..

This is what I'm talking about! ;)

Please stop Breezy. You're making it worse and doing what we're all trying to avoid by posting personal insults.

Everyone move on. Let's get back to posting about the actual game, what little there is to say about it currently. Stuff like this:

I tend to go for the throat when it comes to utter bullshit. But I'll do it for you, Bogue.

SheHateMe

This is what I'm talking about! ;)

I am not talking about this. LOL

Fuck it, I am talking about this.

I'm so sick of Mars. And all I hear is Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice saying "Get your ass to Mars" every time the matchmaking begins.

I want one 320 Class Item and just a couple of wins on Venus. Then SRL can kiss my ass... Until it rolls around again.

Yo drizz. This friday is my birthday. I havnt been to mercury in year 2.
Wink wink
Nudge nudge

Haha for sure dude, I should be around next weekend afaik. Or did you want to do a run tonight? As always I just need to find another helper.

Remind me again what the perks are on that 1KYS?

Shortgaze, Last Resort, Rifled Barrel (range increase is important for AA), and Firefly.

The secret sauce here is mainly Shortgaze + Range boost.

If you do go with the raid sniper, Hot Swap is better for PvP than Firefly. I don't remember if there are better perks it can roll with than Hot Swap.

Hot Swap is best for PvP. Other three options are Firefly (eh), Perfectionist (garbage) and Life Support (decent).

I tend to go for the throat when it comes to utter bullshit. But I'll do it for you, Bogue.

Thanks bro. Much appreciated.

the_id

Lets talk about the game and the podcast from Crucible Radio.

Some points:
- Teams with Void titans tend to do better
- Current meta is very balanced right now
- Sage wants to fucking NERF my Stormcaller WARLOCK.
- Auto Rifles stat are still so confusing...so apparently they're very sensitive.
- Shotguns were intially nerfed during their internal test as people kept complaining about the range then Newsk sneakily DeNerfed it and people didn't complain. So we are actually on a sweet spot
- Bungle is working on New Stuff
- Trying to get quarterly balancing updates
- There are 3 weapons in the game that only 200 people use and are an outlier in the stats as their K/D improved significantlly
---Tounella SR4, Plan C and Super Good Advice

Haha for sure dude, I should be around next weekend afaik. Or did you want to do a run tonight? As always I just need to find another helper

But then i wont get a run on my birthday...
It will be my birthday. The big 3-4

Ill ask the mrs. Monday is usually no destiny night. But this is important stuff

Lets talk about the game and the podcast from Crucible Radio.

Some points:
- Teams with Void titans tend to do better
- Current meta is very balanced right now
- Sage wants to fucking NERF my Stormcaller WARLOCK.
- Auto Rifles stat are still so confusing...so apparently they're very sensitive.
- Shotguns were intially nerfed during their internal test as people kept complaining about the range then Newsk sneakily DeNerfed it and people didn't complain. So we are actually on a sweet spot
- Bungle is working on New Stuff
- Trying to get quarterly balancing updates
- There are 3 weapons in the game that only 200 people use and are an outlier in the stats as their K/D improved significantlly
---Tounella SR4, Plan C and Super Good Advice

I told you guys about Stormcaller warlocks. Soon you'll know that Sunsinger locks are the most overpowered class. It's a matter of tiiiime

New Destiny PS4 player here. Played the demo two weeks ago, bought the game as soon as it ended. Haven't played much else since.

Tried the Vault of Glass with a coworker and a random. Obviously had no idea what we were getting into.

I checked the clans in the OP but didn't seem as if they were still active (will check again when not on phone). I'm just looking to play with some good folks, learn some things, and collect better gear. I'd rather not have all of the raid mechanics completely spoon fed (will see how long that lasts). Open to joining up with anyone. Won't say no to a ride to the lighthouse.

PSN: frailimb
Timezone: EST (late night)
Level 40 Hunter, ~290 light

phen0m24

New Destiny PS4 player here. Played the demo two weeks ago, bought the game as soon as it ended. Haven't played much else since.

Tried the Vault of Glass with a coworker and a random. Obviously had no idea what we were getting into.

I checked the clans in the OP but didn't seem as if they were still active (will check again when not on phone). I'm just looking to play with some good folks, learn some things, and collect better gear. I'd rather not have all of the raid mechanics completely spoon fed (will see how long that lasts). Open to joining up with anyone. Won't say no to a ride to the lighthouse.

PSN: frailimb
Timezone: EST (late night)
Level 40 Hunter, ~290 light

As far as raids go, here's the link you're looking for:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/closedform

Anything else, when you see someone ask, just jump in. :) Have fun

Damn, Krafty has 100 more viewers than King Gothalion. Never thought I'd see the day he wasn't on top.

But then i wont get a run on my birthday...
It will be my birthday. The big 3-4

Ill ask the mrs. Monday is usually no destiny night. But this is important stuff

No worries dood, next weekend is fine if that works better. Don't want to bother the Mrs!

Edit: by next weekend I mean this coming Friday.

Top Bottom