• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

the_id

I told you guys about Stormcaller warlocks. Soon you'll know that Sunsinger locks are the most overpowered class. It's a matter of tiiiime

NOOOOOOOOO.....Sunsinger Warlocks according to Sage, needs to be BUFFED.

Gunslinger Hunter is apparently dominating in Clash
Since the new patch, Sunbreakers have come down significantly and Arc Titans have gone up.

Oh....1000-yard stare K/D is actually 1.0. Apparently, statistically at least, there is no imbalance in it. The only reason its used widely is availablity + the RezSniping capability of it.

Frenden

Banned
I've been using SGA to good effect post 2.1. You get double the heavy of any other MG with boots and chest heavy (Armamentarium is key here).

Over 100 bullets. That replenish if you miss. And it autoloads from your inventory of ammo on hit now.

I have been preaching and people were calling me nuts. But good to know the data bears me out.

(I'd still rock Truth for 3's, but I love the SGA in 6's.)

New Destiny PS4 player here. Played the demo two weeks ago, bought the game as soon as it ended. Haven't played much else since.

Tried the Vault of Glass with a coworker and a random. Obviously had no idea what we were getting into.

I checked the clans in the OP but didn't seem as if they were still active (will check again when not on phone). I'm just looking to play with some good folks, learn some things, and collect better gear. I'd rather not have all of the raid mechanics completely spoon fed (will see how long that lasts). Open to joining up with anyone. Won't say no to a ride to the lighthouse.

PSN: frailimb
Timezone: EST (late night)
Level 40 Hunter, ~290 light

Welcome aboard!

The clans are mostly for fun. So dont sweat that. Most play with everyone here.

Sadly you wont get a ton if hits for vog lately unless they are drunk runs. Which come up from time to time. But it doesnt hurt to put it out there.

Damn, Krafty has 100 more viewers than King Gothalion. Never thought I'd see the day he wasn't on top.

No worries dood, next weekend is fine if that works better. Don't want to bother the Mrs!

Edit: by next weekend I mean this coming Friday.

Krafty has a smart system for retaining viewers. People get points for each hour they watch (double the amount as a subscriber) that they can use to bid on ToO carries. He is also a crazy good player and a great personality. He deserves all those views, one of my favorite streamers.

Edit: Ew. Gross.

Damn, Krafty has 100 more viewers than King Gothalion. Never thought I'd see the day he wasn't on top.

No worries dood, next weekend is fine if that works better. Don't want to bother the Mrs!

Edit: by next weekend I mean this coming Friday.

Such a chill guy
tumblr_nsxvr92AoZ1uvu0m6o1_400.gif
My past self can relate to him.

NOOOOOOOOO.....Sunsinger Warlocks according to Sage, needs to be BUFFED.

Gunslinger Hunter is apparently dominating in Clash
Since the new patch, Sunbreakers have come down significantly and Arc Titans have gone up.

Oh....1000-yard stare K/D is actually 1.0. Apparently, statistically at least, there is no imbalance in it. The only reason its used widely is availablity + the RezSniping capability of it.
Christ no it does not.

WYL is salty

Well I spoke too soon and Goth is back on top but it's still crazy how much Krafty's stream has grown even just in the short time I've been watching.

I saw a little of Wish's stream today and everyone was bitching about how dead Destiny is, lol. I know there's been some controversy over "viewbots" but if he has ~1500 subs it's not that weird to think he'd have 3000 viewers during his prime time.

Honestly the only way to make really interesting Trials streams is to do double carries and also be good enough to usually pull it off. When two (or much worse, three) super pros steamroll every game it gets dull. But with Krafty he actually loses a ton of games relative to his skill level and also pulls off a lot of crazy 1v3 clutches. Definitely the best Trials streamer.

the_id

New Destiny PS4 player here. Played the demo two weeks ago, bought the game as soon as it ended. Haven't played much else since.

Tried the Vault of Glass with a coworker and a random. Obviously had no idea what we were getting into.

I checked the clans in the OP but didn't seem as if they were still active (will check again when not on phone). I'm just looking to play with some good folks, learn some things, and collect better gear. I'd rather not have all of the raid mechanics completely spoon fed (will see how long that lasts). Open to joining up with anyone. Won't say no to a ride to the lighthouse.

PSN: frailimb
Timezone: EST (late night)
Level 40 Hunter, ~290 light

Welcome, its a great community. The community here mostly do a lot of the CM HM raids at the moment. The weekends are dominated mainly with Trials and CM HM raids for the taken king.

SRL was dominating us a well, but it seems to have tapered down significantly.

Iron Banner is coming up at reset tonight, its a GAF monthly tradition to have Iron Banner Trains running for hours. Apparently, they used to do Titan Bubble Trains as well with this.

Most, if not all of us are very helpful. The only times I've been told off is for being such a scrubby player in Trials, but don't take it too personally.

GhaleonEB

I take a week off to bask in Star Wars goodness and saw the explosions coming from DGAF from over in the Off-Topic.

Couple things -

-Please keep drama that happens outside of GAF, outside of GAF. No, it's not classy to take pot shots from afar (no idea if that is what was going on or not), but drama that happens outside of GAF should stay there. Block folks on Twitter, unfriend, whatever, but we don't need it here. Please keep it off GAF, or at least to PM's.

-If that shit does spill over here, it's probably not going to work out well for anyone.

-Don't post just to post. DGAF is at its best when we have new Destiny stuff to talk about, but seem be like starving piranha when there's not. January looks like a dry spell so let's all try to survive with our accounts intact. Be nice. It's okay if the thread dies for a while and then comes back to life when we have new stuffz to play together. It's a lot better than infighting.

I'm at work now but will read through the past couple days later tonight. As always please PM myself or another mod if there are problems.

DeviantBoi

I swear, trying to convince someone that the link i'm sending them for refer-a-friend is not me trying to hack them is almost impossible.

Griffith

Banned
It shouldn't be a problem. I don't think we'll get to Oryx, if we are able to get a group together.

HM Raid

Pandora012
Dalek
madpeon

Checkpoints would be nice, but I don't mind starting from scratch.
I will give it an hour before I close this.

I'm in. PSN Azolith.

todd360

I've been following along on these threads since OT6 (finally got my account!), and though the cycle is real, this one seems to have a bit more salt than usual.

Wow, its like you have been one of us this whole time!

I take a week off to bask in Star Wars goodness and saw the explosions coming from DGAF from over in the Off-Topic.

Couple things -

-Please keep drama that happens outside of GAF, outside of GAF. No, it's not classy to take pot shots from afar (no idea if that is what was going on or not), but drama that happens outside of GAF should stay there. Block folks on Twitter, unfriend, whatever, but we don't need it here. Please keep it off GAF, or at least to PM's.

-Only fig is allowed to start and finish fights

FTFY

Nicodemic

It shouldn't be a problem. I don't think we'll get to Oryx, if we are able to get a group together.

HM Raid

Pandora012
Dalek
madpeon

Checkpoints would be nice, but I don't mind starting from scratch.
I will give it an hour before I close this.

Would like to join. Should be on your friend list. PSN: Nicodemic

Lol someone has been watching a bit too much of krafty's stream ;)

His stream is very enjoyable

Edit: also im still waiting for trials if you are in lol

Trying to finish organizing my office to incorporate the new X1 but then I'll be down. Should only take 15-20 min. Not sure if we have a third or not, if Ape is still around.

And yes, guilty as charged dood :p

Such a chill guy My past self can relate to him.

Lol Rawr, too funny. It must be the only way to keep his cool with that heavy backpack he wears.
My past self can also relate although I'd never be able to play well in that state, it's a total mystery to me how he does it.

Well I spoke too soon and Goth is back on top but it's still crazy how much Krafty's stream has grown even just in the short time I've been watching.

I saw a little of Wish's stream today and everyone was bitching about how dead Destiny is, lol. I know there's been some controversy over "viewbots" but if he has ~1500 subs it's not that weird to think he'd have 3000 viewers during his prime time.

Honestly the only way to make really interesting Trials streams is to do double carries and also be good enough to usually pull it off. When two (or much worse, three) super pros steamroll every game it gets dull. But with Krafty he actually loses a ton of games relative to his skill level and also pulls off a lot of crazy 1v3 clutches. Definitely the best Trials streamer.

Yeah krafty is at his best when odds are against him. Which is pretty often because he carries some awful blueberries sometimes lol (which is pretty cool, +respect).

WyL is just incredibly obnoxious and toxic most times. The other day he was bad mouthing his teammate (who he was "carrying" in trials) for like 3 minutes just going off at him. He then proceeded to kick him out of his party which was just wtf. Krafty meanwhile is just very chill and has a great personality. He likes carrying people and thinks just steamrolling folks is boring as well.

87 SRL races today, 82 wins, 4 losses(2 to the guy who has the fastest time on Venus), 1 beaver error. Got 3 320 class items.

I think I need to seek help.

ethomaz

Banned
Field day.

1st Weekly Strike + 3C = Exotic Helmet Engram
2nd Weekly Strike + 3C = Exotic Gloves Engram

I'm so happy... about 20 minutes 2 Exotic Engrams.

Yeah krafty is at his best when odds are against him. Which is pretty often because he carries some awful blueberries sometimes lol (which is pretty cool, +respect).

WyL is just incredibly obnoxious and toxic most times. The other day he was bad mouthing his teammate (who he was "carrying" in trials) for like 3 minutes just going off at him. He then proceeded to kick him out of his party which was just wtf. Krafty meanwhile is just very chill and has a great personality. He likes carrying people and thinks just steamrolling folks is boring as well.

I like kraftys stream as well. Its really chill. Can't watch it when the kids are around for reasons.

I actually like goth as well. I like him. He seems very nice and doesnt put up with shitting on poeple. Its just his stream is like a damn kids birthday party sometimes. He also has great music playing for the most part

Whos wyl?

Trying to finish organizing my office to incorporate the new X1 but then I'll be down. Should only take 15-20 min. Not sure if we have a third or not, if Ape is still around.

And yes, guilty as charged dood :p

Lol Rawr, too funny. It must be the only way to keep his cool with that heavy backpack he wears.
My past self can also relate although I'd never be able to play well in that state, it's a total mystery to me how he does it.

Its all an act. He actually works for the fda

Chucker

Since I got to 295 by doing the challenge last night, I guess I'll throw my hat into trials tonight with my hunter. Then all aboard the IB Train.

Top Bottom