• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

deadduck

- Sage wants to fucking NERF my Stormcaller WARLOCK.

Stormcallers with transcendence are ridiculous.

Doubling the super time to 23 seconds with the tradeoff of not using grenade or melee for 35 seconds is well over the top and needs to be looked it.

One other point that Sage mentioned that I picked up on was DoTs and initial thoughts on countering them.

Ghazi

Sunsingers are balanced. Firebolts are awesome, but you have to use 2 perk columns on them, and they're still not a OHK like some other grenades.

Great class, not op. The way it should be.

Also Self Res is trash tier in pvp.

Not in trials, if used correctly. Otherwise, Radiant Skin is the best.

ethomaz

Banned
So many lame kids running that today in the hope their old crutch still holds them up.
Thorn is still amazing gun in PVP that didn't have level advantages.

But Bungie needs to bring a new Thorn... they need to give us the fun guns again... well MIDA was of them.

PVP is getting boring because the lack of fun guns... PVP in Year 1 was so good.

They need to fix TLW too.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I want to do the bounties too ;)

It is a must in Trials ;)

One Warlock Sunsinger in Radiance can kill the 3 last guys and revive all the others buddies at the same time.

Ok. I'm ready whenever if we can get a 3rd.

androo2300

stay gold

Self res is so easy to shut down during the animation (snipe or shotgun melee). I'd bet for every successful self res there are 100 'and stay down' medals. Everyone expects it.

Too risky for me, ill go for the surprise Radiant Skin every time.

deadduck

Thorn is still amazing gun in PVP that didn't have level advantages.

But Bungie needs to bring a new Thorn... they need to give us the fun guns again... well MIDA was of them.

PVP is getting boring because the lack of fun guns... PVP in Year 1 was so good.

They need to fix TLW too.

I'd like Destiny more if Thorn was deleted. Three bodyshot for a kill is heavy weapon damage, ridiculous and cheap.

Thorn made the last half of year 1 really boring, every encounter was the same. Now I come across auto, scouts, hcs, fusions... Variation.

I don't get it, TLW is fine now.

Frenden

Banned
Yes! Yesssss! Let the meta grow on you!

CreepshowStephenKing.jpg

Daemul

Sunsinger buff? Is this a fucking joke?

If Bungie buff Sunsingers then it's clear as day that they don't know what the fuck they're doing. They need to stop relying on stats and actually start playing the fucking game.

Patch Notes 2.30:

Sunsingers can now get up to 3 grenades
Voidfang Vestments now go back to giving you full grenade energy
Radiance now gives a damage buff to weapons and grenades, so warlocks will actually use it instead of it being a revive crutch

Now that armentaruim and sunbreaker are finally together. Theres no stopping the spam train
You're all monsters. If Warlocks get that kind of buff, Hunter arcbolt grenade should go back to pre 2.0 since Firebolt grenades are so stupid.

E92 M3

Had the urge to play Destiny tonight. Did a 3x challenge, a NF, got the sol sparrow(!), and played some PVP. After Halo I felt like Goku coming out of the hyperbolic time chamber lol.

I hope those sparrow shaders return, didn't get a single one lol.

DocSeuss

Hey, guys, I need one more racer to help us finish 3 races on mars? We're just trying to grab the last wins for my book. I'm Squiddity on PSN. Anyone wanna assist?

X-Frame

NOOOOOOOOO.....Sunsinger Warlocks according to Sage, needs to be BUFFED.

Gunslinger Hunter is apparently dominating in Clash
Since the new patch, Sunbreakers have come down significantly and Arc Titans have gone up.

Mmhmm, hell yes. The Striker sub-class is near perfect right now (for PvP at least). I don't even know what I'd recommend be tweaked in the future, possibly outside of doing something with Pulse Grenades.

Is it known that you have to be past nine wins to get the scarab emblem?

Do you get a final boss match every time after 9 wins?

Do you always rob the loot?

Yes. You have to get past 9 wins or get it from a gold packadge(someone on Reddit claims).

Yes and No. Sometimes you get people finishing a card with 8-1 wins.

No! I try not to! I felt bad actually. Drizz earned that win so hard.

You're dead to me. No water apes shall ride the dinosaur train tomorrow.

D: Todd plz! I need to ride that train!

Congrats Ape!

Thanks Biggy!

Good games drizz and ape! Won like 13(?) games in a row. But we had to quit after i got disconnected and reconnected like 5 times in a row which led to the first loss. My internet gave up on life for the time being, i will try to cheer it up tomorrow so it can live for iron lagger.

Always a pleasure playing with you guys though 😊😊, and sorry for that internet goof 😕 It ended a beautiful run

the_id

Mmhmm, hell yes. The Striker sub-class is near perfect right now (for PvP at least). I don't even know what I'd recommend be tweaked in the future, possibly outside of doing something with Pulse Grenades.
I have never seen so many striker Titans being used in PVP after the update. Prior to that, it was always the Sunbreaker Titan.

This meta feels about right for me at least. Pulses aren't dominant for now, shotgun range feels about right. Supers are used tactically now and are easier to counter.

There's no one particular subclass that's more annoying than the other. Maybe
Although I still want to see autorifles, sidearms and fusions be used as well which currently isn't present much in the crucible.

SpecX

Got the last shader for SRL so mission accomplished for me. Decided not to buy the book even though ill.miss out on that one shader offered, but 10 bucks is too much for cosmetics at this point when I don't play nearly as much as before. Got my Titan geared up and ready for IB tomorrow. Just need the helmet to drop or be sold to complete the set.

Top Bottom