• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Kyoufu

I think I saw it somewhere as .18% overall for a 320 ghost drop.

UjbD1zX.gif

Bungie, did you learn nothing from the Diablo 3 team?

RNG is fine, but RNG within RNG is unacceptable.

Deku Tree

Smoke420x was for a long time the top x1 trials player in y1, and had the top trials score overall on both platforms for most of y1... he does lighthouse trips with a list using a system where donations can move you up on this list, and "buds" which is his viewer currency on his channel can also move you up.

And he is currently doing a reddit AMA although it may be towards the end of it.

(He sounds more dedicated to some types of things than even Krafty.)

Bungie, did you learn nothing from the Diablo 3 team?

RNG is fine, but RNG within RNG is unacceptable.

There seems to have been 2-3 people around here that got one so who knows.

The best grinding bet for the 320 ghost is to get one character to rank 5 in IB and then work on your other characters as it won't be as much of a grind considering you'll also be progressing your other characters in IB as well for the package rewards.

...but you need IB.

Can I leave my game on without stop while doing the suicide technique? I might want to do that later on when I have to leave out for a meeting and getting a 320 ghost shell would be nice

Deku Tree

Can I leave my game on without stop while doing the suicide technique? I might want to do that later on when I have to leave out for a meeting and getting a 320 ghost shell would be nice

You will get kicked pretty quickly if you don't move around using the left thumbstick

Just in case someone here still has to level subclasses: Suicide double is probably the fastest/easiest/most convenient way to level them. you get 2200 xp for every lost match, and you don't have to do anything.

hmm good call, that's the first interesting thing I've seen for the "suicide meta." Halfway tempted to level GraveRobber's remaining two subclasses this way, if people are looking for a suicide partner later. I maxed out his Nightstalker playing normally since that was my main but it's so fast to level alts his Stormcaller and Sunbreaker are only around a third leveled.

Kyoufu

There seems to have been 2-3 people around here that got one so who knows.

The best grinding bet for the 320 ghost is to get one character to rank 5 in IB and then work on your other characters as it won't be as much of a grind considering you'll also be progressing your other characters in IB as well for the package rewards.

...but you need IB.

I have yet to do IB in Year 2. Didn't know you could get a 320 Ghost from it.

phen0m24

hmm good call, that's the first interesting thing I've seen for the "suicide meta." Halfway tempted to level GraveRobber's remaining two subclasses this way, if people are looking for a suicide partner later. I maxed out his Nightstalker playing normally since that was my main but it's so fast to level alts his Stormcaller and Sunbreaker are only around a third leveled.

How...

Much later? :)

cakely

CD bounties are barely updated from regular Crucible bounties, while FotL had a lot of fun, silly custom ones just for the event (fall off the tower with an Atheon mask), and it had quite a few of them. It had Tower trick or treating, with some great writing gags (Eris giving out boxes of raisins, Kayde wearing an Eris mask). The entire Tower was decked out, not just the plaza. The system of getting a candy bag, filling it, turning it in for a mask, dismantling masks for another bag, the numerous (renamed) consumables, the return of the jack'o'lantern masks, dramatically more elaborate Tower decorations, in addition to the good number of masks to chase (and one free permanent one).

Most crucially, it spanned PvE as well as PvP and was something everyone could participate in. It doesn't matter how big the event is when it's a 2v2 PvP playlist with no fireteam matchmaking - that appeals to a subset of a subset of a subset of the player base. Even if they poured a lot more resources into it, it's limited in scope and appeal.

FoTL is still my favorite of the three events we've had because it was so detailed and spilled out well beyond a playlist to encapsulate the entire game. CD is barely even there.

Yes! This exactly. Sure, the rewards weren't great but it was a well-done event. I had so much goodwill towards Destiny at that point.

They need another event with that scope, ASAP.

Daemul

Man, even with VoG's awful drop rates, at least you knew that when you eventually got those elusive boots to drop that they would drop at max light. Now we have RNG on top of RNG, something which only works if your drop rate is very high and it's raining loot, like it was in SRL.

Whoever was in charge of setting SRL's drop rate should be in ones in charge of setting drop rates for the entire game, they seem to be the only ones who know what they're doing.

Frenden

Banned
Hey, hey--it's not the suicide meta, okay. We here at Bungie don't like that word despite it being used to describe every competitive game on the market's current state of balance, strategy, and play.

I don't know why them calling that out bugged me so much in the BWU interview, but it did. It felt like more of the thinly veiled, sneered needling of the playerbase.

"We know best, so take your medicine and stop complaining."

WeTeHa

You will get kicked pretty quickly if you don't move around using the left thumbstick

Not in elimination. I guess the kick timer gets reset every round. I've been farming all day without moving and have only been kicked when my internet screws up, but never due to inactivity.

The circle is complete

phen0m24

Hey, hey--it's not the suicide meta, okay. We here at Bungie don't like that word despite it being used to describe every competitive game on the market's current state of balance, strategy, and play.

I don't know why them calling that out bugged me so much in the BWU interview, but it did. It felt like more of the thinly veiled, sneered needling of the playerbase.

"We know best, so take your medicine and stop complaining."

That sounds so awesome. Want to use that later :)

Deku Tree

Not in elimination. I guess the kick timer gets reset every round. I've been farming all day without moving and have only been kicked when my internet screws up, but never due to inactivity.

I've played two matches today where I was only holding onto the trigger with ToM (not moving around), and I am running minimum armor, and in both of those matches I was kicked due to inactivity (not due to my internet) after the rewards screen.

Those were the only two matches where I did it that way...

Kyoufu

I've played two matches today where I was only holding onto the trigger with ToM (not moving around), and I am running minimum armor, and in both of those matches I was kicked due to inactivity (not due to my internet) after the rewards screen.

I've been doing it for a while now with Teasing Pink. No kicks.

Frenden

Banned
That sounds so awesome. Want to use that later :)

You know when someone buries an insult in an otherwise innocuous sentence and thinks you're too dumb to notice? That's how a heap of Bungie employees sound when referencing their players. It's a bummer.

WeTeHa

That's strange. I have a rubber band on my R2 and run a max armor titan. I've never been kicked because of inactivity. I think I was kicked off of destiny 2 or 3 times in the last 8 hours, but only because my internet sucks. My error is usually something like "Could not connect to destiny servers blabla." I'm not even in the same room as my controller.

Same goes for the guy I'm farming with.

How...

Much later? :)

Hmmm not sure. If I can suicide and chat on PS4 while playing Witness or something else on PC, that sounds pretty legit. I'm not sure if I'll bother, especially since I need to leave some stuff for Grave to do when he gets back. I really thought we'd have heard some more exciting update news by now, but c'est la vie.

Just post on here when you get online if you're looking for a suicide buddy and I'll see if I'm around then.

The circle is complete

Obi-Wan knew all about the suicide meta.

tumblr_nmbjwpqTX01tounsco5_r1_500.gif

I plan on doing the rubber band trick tonight when I go to bed. Any EST guys trying to time this up for tonight? Hoping to get 7+ hours of Crimson losses

This is literally the first time I've regretted not having a ToM yet.

How many fragments do you have? It really doesn't take that long to get if you already have some of the annoying ones like all the raid and CoO fragments. The 3 missions you have to do are very quick, especially with a little help on the final Fear's Embrace.

Frenden

Banned
How many fragments do you have? It really doesn't take that long to get if you already have some of the annoying ones like all the raid and CoO fragments. The 3 missions you have to do are very quick, especially with a little help on the final Fear's Embrace.

I have to check--I don't have any raid fragments and I think I need one CoO. I've done tier 3 mini-Crota and the immune wizard only.

Too many probably! Heh.

Top Bottom