• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

It has occured to me that from a pure metrics perspective, Bungie will probably think this event has been a rousing success. People are playing crimson doubles for hours on end in a single sitting! Thousands of matches completed! Hooray!

This guy has been playing for 20 hours and still hasn't got a ghost from CDs. How is that even possible?

http://www.twitch.tv/sc_slayerage
While I haven't done that much in a single sitting, I'm probably approaching 15 hours total between the first day's playing, and the rest rubberbanding without seeing a ghost.

Maybe he and I should get together and go bowling.

WeTeHa

Lol really? I had 6 drop in <25 matches between 2 characters. Both shaders as well. The highest ghost was only 317.

Yeah you were super lucky. I think I've had 5 or 6 drop now in about 150 or so matches... Though I got a 320 (with disc/str), so I'm happy :D

Deku Tree

rubber band glitch is real. I am near TV so I can see if something goes wrong and fix it. But otherwise totally doing something else and farming RNG.

Hey, hey--it's not the suicide meta, okay. We here at Bungie don't like that word despite it being used to describe every competitive game on the market's current state of balance, strategy, and play.

I don't know why them calling that out bugged me so much in the BWU interview, but it did. It felt like more of the thinly veiled, sneered needling of the playerbase.

"We know best, so take your medicine and stop complaining."

Well, I mean they also don't like SBMM or CBMM either.

I can't find it, but I saw a Tweet from Mantis the other day that said, "CBMM/SBMM doesn't exist."

Acidote

rubber band glitch is real. I am near TV so I can see if something goes wrong and fix it. But otherwise totally doing something else and farming RNG.

I'm watching Supergirl while jumping off. I don't know what screen is the most boring right now.

Hey, hey--it's not the suicide meta, okay. We here at Bungie don't like that word despite it being used to describe every competitive game on the market's current state of balance, strategy, and play.

I don't know why them calling that out bugged me so much in the BWU interview, but it did. It felt like more of the thinly veiled, sneered needling of the playerbase.

"We know best, so take your medicine and stop complaining."

Haha. I struggle to think of the last BWU that didn't have some small jab at the community.

Lnkn52

5pHvVa.gif

I can't find it, but I saw a Tweet from Mantis the other day that said, "CBMM/SBMM doesn't exist."
I wonder what kind of phrases do they like then?

"Current battlefield paradigm based on ideally performing armaments and value added skillsets"?
"Player assignment derived from key performance indicators of round trip packet transmission and bullet to face ratio"?

Frenden

Banned
I'm watching Supergirl while jumping off. I don't know what screen is the most boring right now.

I'm listening to the Giant Bombcast and drawing in between jumps, lol.

Haha. I struggle to think of the last BWU that didn't have some small jab at the community.

Exactly that sort of thing. Oof. Just put down the keyboards, folks at Bungie, ugh.

Navy Bean

It has occured to me that from a pure metrics perspective, Bungie will probably think this event has been a rousing success. People are playing crimson doubles for hours on end in a single sitting! Thousands of matches completed! Hooray!

While I haven't done that much in a single sitting, I'm probably approaching 15 hours total between the first day's playing, and the rest rubberbanding without seeing a ghost.

Maybe he and I should get together and go bowling.

Axoman got both new ghosts in 10 matches with me last night. I got a blue 268 shell.

Axoman got both new ghosts in 10 matches with me last night. I got a blue 268 shell.
Damn, congrats to him! I guess technically I did get a pink shell, one of those blue Pale Dawn shells. Oh well.

I did get to help Jafku get a 320 chocolate ghost last night, so even if I get nothing, that was still cool to see.

Jafku

Damn, congrats to him! I guess technically I did get a pink shell, one of those blue Pale Dawn shells. Oh well.

I did get to help Jafku get a 320 chocolate ghost last night, so even if I get nothing, that was still cool to see.

And I thank you! Hope you get your ghost

Deku Tree

The Crimson Doubles RNG is so bad that you could rubber band for the whole week non-stop and still have a very low chance of getting a 320 ghost.

Shiv47

Fuuuck, I was gonna step away from the game for a while, but the chance to easily finish a couple subclasses is too tempting to be passed up. Anyone looking for a suicide partner?

darknil

Wait, match completion awards XP? Now I'm tempted to do Crimson Doubles tonight to have a chance at the ghost, level a couple of subclasses and even lowering my ELO so Trials could be easier.

I honestly really hope Destiny 2 is delayed. The Year 2 endgame is simply awful. And not in a way that can be patched. The Light system and the whole "chase 320" mentality is so bad. They need to scrap it entirely and figure out something new.

We need Destiny 2 to be a true sequel.

Jafku

I honestly really hope Destiny 2 is delayed. The Year 2 endgame is simply awful. And not in a way that can be patched. The Light system and the whole "chase 320" mentality is so bad. They need to scrap it entirely and figure out something new.

We need Destiny 2 to be a true sequel.

I've had these thoughts before. On one hand I'd love Destiny 2 this year, however if the sequels endgame is as barren as this then was it really worth waiting for just to do this again in a year?

Any word on the investor's conference call?
4:30PM EST http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

Top Bottom