• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Look he did it again! That's what the NeoGAF machines does to you!

THISISDESTINY.gif

For the record, I specifically haven't posted those before, but they're too good not to post again before the Activision call.

WipedOut

I think Goth has been playing CD for 5 hours and hasn't gotten a single Ghost drop, how's this fun?

It's not, when will bungie learn players are playing this for loot, not for shits and giggles, we want to be rewarded with something meaningful, not endless crap.

If you are going to continue this process of low level drops then add custom playlists. At that point I would consider playing PVP for fun.

Frenden

Banned
I am honestly bewildered people want a ghost so badly lol. Wish the rewards more exciting.

I think it's a matter of principle. The ghost drop rate being so low is emblematic of the overall terrible loot system in 2.0.

Double RNG, lower rates all around, and crappier perks in the pool when you do get something.

Last year we were chasing Hawkmoon & Fatebringer.

Now we're chasing the ghost of a number.

I think the ghost is irrelevant in all this, as said in here many a time the crucible drops rates are pathetic. With this we can knock out three/four chances in the time it takes for one normal crucible match

The drop rate for this ghost is absolutely ridiculous. Slayer has been going for 22 hours and he has gotten ONE ghost. Pathetic event.

Edit: i thought he had gotten one frenden?^

I am honestly bewildered people want a ghost so badly lol. Wish the rewards more exciting.

Right?! I pop back into the thread to see what's new and the latest craze is committing suicide in matchmaking to get some crap? lol Bungie... way to keep the population invested hahahaha.

Frenden

Banned
I think the ghost is irrelevant in all this, as said in here many a time the crucible drops rates are pathetic. With this we can knock out three/four chances in the time it takes for one normal crucible match

That's a motivator for sure. I kinda want the second shell as a completionist, but I'd rather get a god rolled Party Crasher or Revelator, etc.

The drop rate for this ghost is absolutely ridiculous. Slayer has been going for 22 hours and he has gotten ONE ghost. Pathetic event.

Edit: i thought he had gotten one frenden?^

He has one ghost, but just said he hasn't gotten one in the 22 hours of this current stream. Funky wording, but basically he had one before this latest 22 hour span.

E92 M3

I think it's a matter of principle. The ghost drop rate being so low is emblematic of the overall terrible loot system in 2.0.

Double RNG, lower rates all around, and crappier perks in the pool when you do get something.

I'm not playing the game as a matter of principle. It's gotten too asinine even for a Destiny fanboy like me.

It's more that it's easy to farm crucible stuff by doing it

I'd except that line of reasoning, just many keep talking about ghosts. There is nothing exciting about a ghost lol.

Bungie fucked up, because I would have given them a lot more money if they focused letting us have fun instead of restricting via arbitrary numbers.

Lee

The game type is fun though... it's doubles elimination. The buff is really unique and you move hella fast.

Enjoy it while it's here, maybe? Don't just shit on it.

Deku Tree

Me and Nami just matched with a team that is trolling us, or doing the same thing.

I am honestly not expecting a 320 ghost to drop.

I posted earlier that the RNG odds that people are posting about make it clear that you could do the Crimson Suicides with a rubber band 24 hours a day for all 7 days of this event and still have a very small chance at a 320 ghost.

I played seven rounds and got both shaders, a chocolate ghost (at 285 because of my loadout) and the emblem, so my first impressions were that drop rates were great! My partner even got a ghost too.

Played around ten more and got nothing.

Frenden

Banned
Yeah frenden slayer has the poop shell but thats after 22 hours. One shell. Ridiculous.

I've probably got fifteen legit hours and around three to five hours suiciding and only have one shell too. Sucks.

I played seven rounds and got both shaders, a chocolate ghost (at 285 because of my loadout) and the emblem, so my first impressions were that drop rates were great! My partner even got a ghost too.

Played around ten more and got nothing.

Same thing happened here. The shaders drop quickly and my first partner got lucky and got two shells in our first few hours. Nary a shell has dropped since for anyone I've played with.

WipedOut

Pretty much, I'm hoping for a decent roll for a party crasher, ash factory or maybe a red spectre. But even the rate of the crucible guns is pathetic. At this point in this games life-cycle bungie should be raining us with loot.

I've probably got fifteen legit hours and around three to five hours suiciding and only have one shell too. Sucks.

Same thing happened here. The shaders drop quickly and my first partner got lucky and got two shells in our first few hours. Nary a shell has dropped since for anyone I've played with.

Sounds like my exact scenario.

LTWood12

And to think we used to complain about the drop-rate of elemental primaries from Skolas. That seems like the Joker just throwing money to the crowd compared to CD Ghosts and things like Grasp of Malok. What the hell happened?

Frenden

Banned
Pretty much, I'm hoping for a decent roll for a party crasher, ash factory or maybe a red spectre. But even the rate of the crucible guns is pathetic. At this point in this games life-cycle bungie should be raining us with loot.

HoW had the best drop rates and endgame progression and it makes me sad to think about how stingy the game has gotten since.

Top Bottom