• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

WipedOut

No worries mate, can help you with the ToM mission later as well.

Always happy to do a VoG run, though I might be sleeping during that time.

what time eastern will you be back on?

EDIT: Twice in one day top of the page yo!

Make it happen Bungie - Year 2 Please
s601318483147479096_p3_i2_w2560.jpg

Lee

Worth it for someone to jump in now? Itching to grab something. The Division is a month away, so maybe not. I dunno too much!?

Yeah, I think so. Try and buy the Legendary Edition for $25 or less and you'll absolutely get your money's worth.

what time eastern will you be back on?

EDIT: Twice in one day top of the page yo!

Make it happen Bungie - Year 2 Please
s601318483147479096_p3_i2_w2560.jpg

I don't understand why not, what harm will it do? The borked Hand cannons, and now all I use is hung jury; so whats the harm?

Its funny that all bungie wanted to do was make me try different weapons, I still only use 1 set up lol.

I don't understand why not, what harm will it do? The borked Hand cannons, and now all I use is hung jury; so whats the harm?

Its funny that all bungie wanted to do was make me try different weapons, I still only use 1 set up lol.

If they are making Year 2 versions of the Year 1 raids it is likely they will remove the elemental burns from the primary weapons and replace it with the mostly lackluster Year 2 perks.

WipedOut

Yep.

PVE:
Hung Jury/Smite of Merain vs. Fatebringer/Vision
1000-Yard Stare / Black Spindle vs. Found Verdict/Black Hammer
Terminus / Swords vs. Corrective Measure / Gjallarhorn

Basically not much changed except Elemental Primaries, Shotties and RL's are dead.

Kyoufu

Yep.

PVE:
Hung Jury/Smite of Merain vs. Fatebringer/Vision
1000-Yard Stare / Black Spindle vs. Found Verdict/Black Hammer
Terminus / Swords vs. Corrective Measure / Gjallarhorn

Basically not much changed except Elemental Primaries, Shotties and RL's are dead.

This is true except Hung Jury and Smite of Merain are nowhere near as fun to use as Fatebringer/Vision of Confluence were in Year 1. Elemental primaries with kick-ass perks, oh man, give me a time machine.

WipedOut

This is true except Hung Jury and Smite of Merain are nowhere near as fun to use as Fatebringer/Vision of Confluence were in Year 1. Elemental primaries with kick-ass perks, oh man, give me a time machine.

Wasn't saying they were, we most likely wouldn't have even sneezed at these guns in year one, They are so unfulfilling in every way but they are the best options we have for PVE.

edit: ^ negative optimus. It's rocket launcher this week.

Worth it for someone to jump in now? Itching to grab something. The Division is a month away, so maybe not. I dunno too much!?

Content droughts like the one happening now are bad for the regular players around here but they're good times for new players to hop in since you'll have a ton of old content to tide you over. Obviously we're biased here but it's a great game with a ton of content for someone just starting out fresh like you would be.

E92 M3

The whole loot distribution philosophy needs to be stripped out and changed. Hoping to see a positive sign in the Fall expansion.

The whole loot distribution philosophy needs to be stripped out and changed. Hoping to see a positive sign in the Fall expansion.

No. They've doubled down. As evidenced by Crimson Ghost Shells being rare af and a new light level cap for Spring.

5xtDaro94vGyrvfLAl2.gif

The current loot system would only be viable if there were smart loot. But GTFO if you think that's ever happening.

Mindlog

Meh. Loot is a poor motivator for me. It's neat to get things sometimes, but I want the content to stand on its own.

I liked SRL and not just because of the helmets :\
Trying to break my record and climb that ladder was fun.

Kyoufu

No. They've doubled down. As evidenced by Crimson Ghost Shells being rare af and a new light level cap for Spring.

I wouldn't say that just yet. It took them a year to revamp the Light level system with 2.0 so there's a chance they'll change it again come September 2016.

Meh. Loot is a poor motivator for me. It's neat to get things sometimes, but I want the content to stand on its own.

I liked SRL and not just because of the helmets :\
Trying to break my record and climb that ladder was fun.

Well, VoG was amazing even without the loot contained within. I enjoyed doing it even when I didn't need anything. I have no desire to step foot inside King's Fall and I'm not even 320 Light.

Lee

I was going to download The Taken King edition on PSN... should I go with a cheaper version?

nah buying digital is the way to go

Totally up to you. Digital is $60 on Playstation whereas you can get the legendary edition (Destiny disc, all DLC is codes) on Amazon for $40, and it's been on sale other places as low as $20 within the last two weeks.

There is also a demo on PS4 of the Destiny base game. You can play through quite a bit of the story and basic crucible, I believe. Might be worth giving that a whirl first.

So have the end match rewards for Trials improved? If shaders are dropping more I might actually play again.

The exact language from the patch notes was:

Adjusted loot tables to make rewards more consistent and less likely to have a non-payout match

I have no idea what "consistent" means in regards to shaders but I guess it couldn't hurt. It could just mean you get more blue trash and motes of light. From watching a few streams this afternoon there hasn't been an obvious difference but that isn't a very good sample size to base it on. I'd wait and see if you would only play for a chance at shaders.

Drizzay on the offensive

Macello you have permission to teabag him. He doesn't even Destiny anymore. :p

This post is accurate. I am the scrub of all scrubs nowadays. King Scrub.

Well I blame all of you. Loaded up Destiny for the first time in 3 months. Bored as hell and finally gonna do something with my Titan that I left abandoned for all this time.

phen0m24

The exact language from the patch notes was:

I have no idea what "consistent" means in regards to shaders but I guess it couldn't hurt. It could just mean you get more blue trash and motes of light. From watching a few streams this afternoon there hasn't been an obvious difference but that isn't a very good sample size to base it on. I'd wait and see if you would only play for a chance at shaders.

This post is accurate. I am the scrub of all scrubs nowadays. King Scrub.

How can you teabag someone that only plays reset raids? Macello you gotta infiltrate one of those raids.

Woah, Drizzay calling out Macello.

Did someone light my signal?

why I'm proud to be part of the One True DGAF™

also

dad

I put on SRL gear and got down to 208. Four matches later got a 212 pink ghost. I think you gotta get down to at least low 280s.

See that's where you lose me. I've seen more in the 300s for high level ghosts or 320s. I don't care for the look just want that stupid number if I can get it. If not no loss since I'm cleaning the apartment anyway.

Top Bottom