• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Does anyone ever use No Time to Explain? On paper it just seems like it should be so good. But I never use it, nor do I ever see anyone else using it.

I'm using NTTE quite a lot lately. Usually once a week I use it trough the entire raid. And I always switch to it in the shade at Oryx.

It's excellent for War Priest and Golgorth because you never have to move and it's so easy to get critical hits in those fights.
It jumps a bit in daughters (centurions shooting at us constantly) but I still rarely have to reload while doing dps on the daughter themselves.

I use Touch of Malice when I'm on ogre duty with my Titan and then switch to NTTE while standing in the arua waiting to get pulled into the shade.

GhaleonEB

Halo 1 is the GOAT.

This 4 mission run is the best gaming ever has:
  • Halo "Seek out surviving Marines and help them fight the Covenant."
  • Truth &Reconciliation "Board a Covenant ship in an attempt to rescue Captain Keyes."
  • The Silent Cartographer "Search for the map room that will lead you to the secrets of Halo."
  • Assault on the Control Room "Defend the Control Room against wave after wave of Covenant troops."
Two Betrayals is also great. I love how long the missions are. They feel like real epics. Not like the bite-size missions of Destiny.
It's a classic run, but I'd put Tsavo Highway --> The Covenant over it, both in mission design and gameplay. They couldn't exist without building on Halo 1, though.

Deku Tree

Reach has the best Halo campaign. Both in terms of gameplay, and mission variety and fun factor. Loved the flying missions. I played all of them when they came out and many subsequent times over the years.

stb

Hrm. Peregrine Greaves are one of the few Y2 exotics I haven't snagged yet, but I only have 57 SC and alllllmost never play anymore. Thoughts on if I should grab em?

phen0m24

I think I'll infuse my Havic Pigeon to 320 next time Warpope CM is up. This baby melts and nobody sees it coming. It's like a TLW in my pocket to fuck shotgunners up before they're in range.

Mine has Crowd Control and QuickDraw- I like it better than the Iron Banner sidearm. Thorn + Sidearm is my new favorite combo. Absolutely not viable for high level play but it's effective enough to work vs randos and it's super fun.

Ale I just tried a combo of it and Nechrochasm on Pantheon.
I killed two or three trying to rush me. REKT

2.3 KD too woot (Double Tripmines are GOLD)

Also a MAJOR shoutout to both Twilight and Kor.
Throwing grenades like the tripmine against the wall behind people is the most fun ever

Drizz you getting The Division next month?

Very doubtful, unless it becomes popular on my friend's list. I played 2-3 hours of the beta then deleted it and canceled my pre-order. I think they're doing some interesting stuff but I can't get past the sluggish movement and watery gunplay. Game feel is the #1 thing for me, always has been. Hence my love for Destiny. Speaking of game feel, gonna go play some more Spelunky....

Hrm. Peregrine Greaves are one of the few Y2 exotics I haven't snagged yet, but I only have 57 SC and alllllmost never play anymore. Thoughts on if I should grab em?

What else are you gonna do with a virtual currency for a game you don't play anymore? I mean they are pretty useless but adding something new to the collection is worth some SCs imo.

LTWood12

They're all but worthless BT. They were a fun novelty in year one w/ the frequency of both brawler and arc burn as nightfall modifiers. But even then you used them more as a joke. Now they aren't even THAT useful.

Very doubtful, unless it becomes popular on my friend's list. I played 2-3 hours of the beta then deleted it and canceled my pre-order. I think they're doing some interesting stuff but I can't get past the sluggish movement and watery gunplay. Game feel is the #1 thing for me, always has been. Hence my love for Destiny. Speaking of game feel, gonna go play some more Spelunky....
My favorite of all time. Played until I got speedlunky and beat Yama.

Destiny wise: might drop my LL and try to farm again. Got nothing last night.

Kyoufu

In terms of game feel it's certainly no Destiny, but really, not much else is. I loathe the current state of the game but even if I join in a random PVP game I can still have fun because the core gameplay is pretty phenomenal.

I feel like The Division can satisfy me through its RPG systems though, like the skills, talents, loot etc. Destiny needs to do better in those areas.

spyder_ur

In terms of game feel it's certainly no Destiny, but really, not much else is. I loathe the current state of the game but even if I join in a random PVP game I can still have fun because the core gameplay is pretty phenomenal.

I feel like The Division can satisfy me through its RPG systems though, like the skills, talents, loot etc. Destiny needs to do better in those areas.

I have seen nothing even somewhat interesting or creative in terms of skills and talents (nor guns). I'd be surprised if any of that matches Destiny.

In terms of loot, that seems more up in the air. I liked some of what I saw in the Beta in terms of drops and progression. I'm just not sure how much fun getting a slightly better military assault rifle is going to be.

We'll see I guess.

The Witness is making my head hurt. Like wtf are tetris pieces and 2 triangles mean?!

Anyways, I might want to do some Trials in a little bit. Or go play XCOM if nobody is around to Trials.

Acidote

Thanks to ruthless_barbarian now I have 46/50 runes for the ToM. Tomorrow I'll try to do the strike and the final mission if I find help.

Kyoufu

I have seen nothing even somewhat interesting or creative in terms of skills and talents (nor guns). I'd be surprised if any of that matches Destiny.

In terms of loot, that seems more up in the air. I liked some of what I saw in the Beta in terms of drops and progression. I'm just not sure how much fun getting a slightly better military assault rifle is going to be.

We'll see I guess.

Flame spitting turrets, man.

ocean

Banned
Across hours and hours of playing CD I haven't seen a single team suicide.

Which is good in a way (there's still people who enjoy playing) but also, where are my free wins lol

My favorite of all time. Played until I got speedlunky and beat Yama.

Destiny wise: might drop my LL and try to farm again. Got nothing last night.

Spelunky is fucking brilliant, a top 3 all time game for me. I can't even begin to explain its brilliance to people unless they've put a bunch of hours into it. Spelunky and Dark Souls 2 speed runs were the only communities I really got involved with before Destiny, used to watch all the major streamers, mod in a few channels etc. Saw it live when Pibonacci got the first sub-2 any% run, crazy stuff.

I was never good relative to those guys, but when I "retired" from playing I had the 2nd highest legit score on PSN (~$2.3 million, which I'm sure has been beaten many times by now). The actual world records on PC even back then were $3 mil+ thanks to the Mothership/Robot unlock exploit. I wasn't as good at speed runs but did manage a sub-4 time by pure dumb luck. Hnnnggg that game man, that game... crazy addictive.

It's a classic run, but I'd put Tsavo Highway --> The Covenant over it, both in mission design and gameplay. They couldn't exist without building on Halo 1, though.

Too much Flood in that run for my taste.

But I do really enjoy Sierra 117 & Crow's Nest. The Ark -> The Covenant run is great too.

But Tsavo Highway is the best mission in Halo 3. No wait. The Ark. No wait. Covenant. Argh.

And then ODST had so many great missions. And Reach had some greats too (DMR issues aside).

I've only ever played like 2 campaign mission across all the Halos, and they were in 4.

This is like saying I've only had 2 slices of cheese, and they were both Kraft Singles.

In all honesty, Halo 4 was a decent game, but it was a bad Halo game. Prioritizing looks over dynamic sandbox. And you people gripe about grimoire outside of the game. The main story in Halo 4 was only understandable by terminals that were not in the game. Not the lore like in Destiny, but the main story. Firefight was replaced by a braindead mode called Spartan Ops that had the worst writing in any professional video game I've encountered. Theater was stripped out. PvP moved from an arena setup to Call of Duty with a Halo skin. It was a badbadbad Halo game. Halo 4 is why I own a PS4 instead of an Xbox.

The division gameplay excels at...how to say it...planning. Playing in a team and hunting down rouges was the highlight of the game for me. Sneaking up on rouges. Each of your teammates using their skills in succession to achieve the maximum efficiency. It was different. Took some getting use to. But once it clicks oh it clicks then.

I view destiny and division as two segregate entities. That while they have some similarities. In the end they are very different.

Destiny gunplay tho has ruined other fps for me.

LTWood12

I'd love to play through all the Halos. But we have a somewhat strict 'two current gen consoles in the house' rule; and one of those spots is reserved for Mario, Peach, & Captain Toad.

WeTeHa

The Witness is making my head hurt. Like wtf are tetris pieces and 2 triangles mean?!

Anyways, I might want to do some Trials in a little bit. Or go play XCOM if nobody is around to Trials.

The tetris puzzles are probably my favourite puzzles in the game that don't depend on the enivornment. Drawing them on a piece of paper always helped me :p

WipedOut

Okay, checking to see if I can spark some interest.

VoG Retro Run: PS4 - HM - 10PM EST

1. W193D0UT

I still need to get this gun. I'm on the VoG part and nobody runs that raid anymore ;_;

stb

What else are you gonna do with a virtual currency for a game you don't play anymore? I mean they are pretty useless but adding something new to the collection is worth some SCs imo.

Fair point. It's just Destiny FOMO. I'm paranoid that I'm going to buy the PGreaves, get down to 41 SC, then the April patch has something deliberate or accidental that lets me get Fatebringer up to 320 if only you have 42 strange coins in hand or something equally preposterous.

They're all but worthless BT. They were a fun novelty in year one w/ the frequency of both brawler and arc burn as nightfall modifiers. But even then you used them more as a joke. Now they aren't even THAT useful.

But I don't *have* them, LT. =) It's less about them being useless than it is not having my pokedex full, especially when the effort involved in getting them is zilch.

ocean

Banned
Damn Darryl I feel I'm holding you back on this win grind. Playing like shit and these matches be hyper sweaty, Scarabs every single match

Damn Darryl I feel I'm holding you back on this win grind. Playing like shit and these matches be hyper sweaty, Scarabs every single match

Nah actually I like your playstyle I feel like I am doing more support--which is best for me. I just mess up with never popping my super (every loss we had so far I did not pop my super correctly)

Thanks to ruthless_barbarian now I have 46/50 runes for the ToM. Tomorrow I'll try to do the strike and the final mission if I find help.

No worries mate, can help you with the ToM mission later as well.

Okay, checking to see if I can spark some interest.

VoG Retro Run: PS4 - HM - Anytime after 6pm est tonight.

1. W193D0UT

Always happy to do a VoG run, though I might be sleeping during that time.

I've been reduced to accepting random tower invites and helping blueberries. I need new content asap.

Heh, been doing that for a couple of weeks now. Always boggles the mind that so many players have no clue about so much in the game.

Top Bottom