• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

WipedOut

I agree but it is more than just the burns. They did nerf some of the things that make those guns what they are. Without field scout, VoC feels like a different gun. The general nerf to Hand Cannons along with the fact that Firefly can crash the game makes Fatebringer lesser.

My feeling right now is that Bungie has no idea how to make Destiny fun. Everything they do reduces the fun factor according to some unwritten philosophy they have. Game is hard to play right now - loot sucks, Crucible is broken and endgame is double RNG boredom.

I wish they would just reset everything to House of Wolves Era - the only problem I had then was Thorn... not like they really solved that one, right?

They fix Fatebringer and Vision by simply making them an exotic class like they have with the spindle. They are good enough that I would gladly use them over another exotic. (Pre-TTK)

I have resorted to playing PVP now because

A. PVE end game content is balls to the walls boring.
B. I can't find another game that I can get into. I got back into gaming only because of destiny. No destiny I probably wouldn't be playing games at all right now (Right Homeboyd)
C. The Gun Play is so good in this game that I just like blowing shit up. (Albeit less powerful now)

#ForeverNoTurdGhost #irefusetolowermylightlevel
hqdefault.jpg

LTWood12

I use it in Iron Banner, and also when doing Vault of Glass, or other content. The problem is that my main content now is Raid's three times a week. And for those the only exotic weapons that I would equip are Spindle, Malice, and maybe/possibly Sleeper.

Yeah it's a cool weapon but like a lot of others, not worth the exotic slot for the end-game type stuff.

I thought we were on to something--they dropped almost immediately after we lowered our light level.

Yeeeep. Sounds like you might have a better chance a drops in general with a lower level light. It makes sense in PvE but not in crucible.

Edit: I will also, never understand the logic behind 0 drops after a match, especially when you do really well.

Axoman

B. I can't find another game that I can get into. I got back into gaming only because of destiny. No destiny I probably wouldn't be playing games at all right now (Right Homeboyd)
C. The Gun Play is so good in this game that I just like blowing shit up. (Albeit less powerful now)

I feel the same. For the longest time, I actively avoided crucible, now it's all I play.

I try to play other games, but I just haven't had any stick.

Frenden

Banned
Yeeeep. Sounds like you might have a better chance a drops in general with a lower level light. It makes sense in PvE but not in crucible.

Edit: I will also, never understand the logic behind 0 drops after a match, especially when you do really well.

Next Iron Banner I'm going to drop my light level just before matches end. Assuming I even play.

phen0m24

I use it in Iron Banner, and also when doing Vault of Glass, or other content. The problem is that my main content now is Raid's three times a week. And for those the only weapons that I would equip are Fatebringer, Hammer, and Gjallarhorn.

;)

Next Iron Banner I'm going to drop my light level just before matches end. Assuming I even play.

Dude I already lost Nilla AND Narmer. Don't go all AWOL on me bruh.

Watch, after this doubles thing is over, next week well hear that "due to a bug that was discovered, 320 ghosts were not dropping"

Awesome how does that help me when this is all over?

I grow tired of this, and more angry.

42 double wins. I'm hoping to hit 65 tonight and get to either 80 or 90 on Saturday. . Sunday I'm probably won't be able to even log on because it is Valentines Day.

WipedOut

Watch, after this doubles thing is over, next week well hear that "due to a bug that was discovered, 320 ghosts were not dropping"

Awesome how does that help me when this is all over?

I grow tired of this, and more angry.

I assure you it's out there, just super fucking rare.

Capture.png

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah and I'm saying that, maybe my wording isn't clear. What I don't want is to grind for items I already have and already had to grind for even if they drop at higher levels.

Ah yes. I unfortunately am part of the problem and would totally grind VoG until I had Fatebringer and Vision back.
I will eventually grind for a Fate-roll Imago Loop as well.

I have more time in this game than any other game ever and I'm finally getting to the point where I'm bored.
Bungie did a great job with giving me a year and a half with this game. But I would love more to do.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I bought Battlefield 4 last night and have a Bone and Halo in my Amazon cart. :(

Do it!

I've been getting back into Halo 5 this week. It's a great game and a ton of fun! Destiny Crucible is fun with trying out different weapons and builds, but Halo 5 just feels solid for strategy and gun play on an even playing field. The netcode/servers are solid too.

Hedera

Speaking of Xur, I should probably stock on some glove engrams for when the new exotics hit. Watch them not decrypt into the new stuff this time that I actually have some engrams saved up (based SRL)...

Daemul

Peregrine greaves, obsidian mind, celestial nighthawk and gauntlet engram.

Titan - Peregrine Greaves (legs)
Warlock - Obsidian Mind (helmet)
Hunter - Celestial Nighthawk (helmet)
Gauntlet engram
Helmet engram

Ooo, Gauntlet engram? Guess I'll log in and buy 5 of them in preparation for Shinobu's Vow then. Dat buff to the already ridiculously good Skip grenades is going to be glorious.

Rainmaker

Banned
All I want is the two KF raid shaders but I just can't find any fun in it anymore. Everything feels pointless. I miss year 1's guns and armor. Etheric light was cool. Just feels like I've wasted so much time playing this game looking back plus there's so many things I will never get because of RNG like shaders and ships. Just frustrating. This game has been a constant hot mess.

They fix Fatebringer and Vision by simply making them an exotic class like they have with the spindle. They are good enough that I would gladly use them over another exotic. (Pre-TTK)

Changing the Vault Weapons to exotics would be a fantastic way to keep these amazing weapons in the game. I like it. :)

A. Totally agree. I like running strikes and enjoy raiding with gaffers but the actual content is pretty bad. Ten minutes of jumping for every enemy encounter is just not a good ratio.
B. This is pretty much me as well. My gaming life for the past few years is Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Destiny
C. And this is why. The gunplay in Destiny is genius. Nothing else comes close.

I pretty much only PVP. But they are starting to mess around too much with that also...

For you nightstalkers, what's the best smoke to use for PvP? Also, what's your overall nightstalker setup for PvP?

-Triple jump or better control depending on personal preference
-Vortex or voidwall grenades. I prefer vortex for better combo with smoke, voidwall better for area control
-Envenomed grenades are second only to firebolt grenades for ability OPness
-Blackhole for shadowshot, maybe quiver for 6v6 but tether isn't strong for direct hit kills
-Lockdown for double smoke and grenade duration
-Keen scout plus Graviton, if Graviton isn't available then shadestep is necessary

I bought Battlefield 4 last night and have a Bone and Halo in my Amazon cart. :(

Stabie and me started playing Halo 1 campaign this morning, with the goal to beat them all on Legendary. We'll see if we make it that far but it's a lot of fun tbh.

Do it!

I've been getting back into Halo 5 this week. It's a great game and a ton of fun! Destiny Crucible is fun with trying out different weapons and builds, but Halo 5 just feels solid for strategy and gun play on an even playing field. The netcode/servers are solid too.

Halo 5 MP is night and day compared to Destiny. It's totally balanced (outside Warzone) with rock solid connectivity which is such a relief coming from Destiny. But because of that balance and its emphasis on teamwork (forget about winning 1v2s, let alone 1v3s ala Trials) you don't get the same "super power" feeling as Destiny.

Or rather Halo's skill gap is so pronounced it's hard to ever feel like a superhero as a new player. There are so many quick kills in Destiny whereas Halo makes you work your tail off for virtually everything. Much longer TTKs mean you have to outplay your opponent multiple times during a single engagement for that one kill. Maybe you get the first shot but then he ducks and thrusters out of your next shots so you have to strafe and thruster properly to regain the advantage but then he gets a precision weapon headshot after you've both broken shields so you still lose the fight, etc etc. Very tough game to learn.

WipedOut

-Triple jump or better control depending on personal preference
-Vortex or voidwall grenades. I prefer vortex for better combo with smoke, voidwall better for area control
-Envenomed grenades are second only to firebolt grenades for ability OPness
-Blackhole for shadowshot, maybe quiver for 6v6 but tether isn't strong for direct hit kills
-Lockdown for double smoke and grenade duration
-Keen scout plus Graviton, if Graviton isn't available then shadestep is necessary

Stabie and me started playing Halo 1 campaign this morning, with the goal to beat them all on Legendary. We'll see if we make it that far but it's a lot of fun tbh.

Halo 5 MP is night and day compared to Destiny. It's totally balanced (outside Warzone) with rock solid connectivity which is such a relief coming from Destiny. But because of that balance and its emphasis on teamwork (forget about winning 1v2s, let alone 1v3s ala Trials) you don't get the same "super power" feeling as Destiny.

Or rather Halo's skill gap is so pronounced it's hard to ever feel like a superhero as a new player. There are so many quick kills in Destiny whereas Halo makes you work your tail off for virtually everything. Much longer TTKs mean you have to outplay your opponent multiple times during a single engagement for that one kill. Maybe you get the first shot but then he ducks and thrusters out of your next shots so you have to strafe and thruster properly to regain the advantage but then he gets a precision weapon headshot after you've both broken shields so you still lose the fight, etc etc. Very tough game to learn.

What's your GT?

Halo 1 is the GOAT.

This 4 mission run is the best gaming ever has:
  • Halo "Seek out surviving Marines and help them fight the Covenant."
  • Truth &Reconciliation "Board a Covenant ship in an attempt to rescue Captain Keyes."
  • The Silent Cartographer "Search for the map room that will lead you to the secrets of Halo."
  • Assault on the Control Room "Defend the Control Room against wave after wave of Covenant troops."
Two Betrayals is also great. I love how long the missions are. They feel like real epics. Not like the bite-size missions of Destiny.

Silent Cartographer, well, it's perfection:

Have fun, guys!

Edit: Now I kinda want to go back and play it myself this weekend. Too bad I don't have XBL anymore or I'd do co-op with someone.

ocean

Banned
I think I'll infuse my Havic Pigeon to 320 next time Warpope CM is up. This baby melts and nobody sees it coming. It's like a TLW in my pocket to fuck shotgunners up before they're in range.

Mine has Crowd Control and QuickDraw- I like it better than the Iron Banner sidearm. Thorn + Sidearm is my new favorite combo. Absolutely not viable for high level play but it's effective enough to work vs randos and it's super fun.

ocean

Banned
This is the funniest thing I've read all day. Bungie plz.
Even better? Use Ice Breaker for the first round. Let it load its full 6 bullets.

At the Round end screen, change to your normal high light secondary - you'll begin round 2 with 18 bullets on your Stare or shotty.

Even better? Use Ice Breaker for the first round. Let it load its full 6 bullets.

At the Round end screen, change to your normal high light secondary - you'll begin round 2 with 18 bullets on your Stare or shotty.

Are you doing doubles anytime soon?

ocean

Banned
So...

Who's up for carrying my hella avg ass to 7 wins in Trials. I want that Doctrine 😏

Darryl: I can log on whenever, up for it now?

Top Bottom