• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

It's unsettling seeing people on my friends list who used to play this almost 24/7 now playing something else.
I didn't know some of you guys even had other games.

Half of my Xbox friends list was playing Rocket League yesterday. I'll have to double dip (kind of, ps+ for ps4 so it was technically free) and support that awesome game. It's a nice change of pace to play other games. I've been trying but I enjoy shooting in destiny so much still that I haven't let it go completely yet.

Not that I'll ever let it go completely but I mean in terms of putting it down for longer than a couple of days.

Maybe they're looking at the statistics

and the statistics are showing that CBMM is more enjoyable than SBMM, but they can't admit it because that would mean they're wrong

and they can't be having that

I am certain that the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative since the matchmaking changes in favor of more SBMM. The middle of the bell curve comprises the majority of players, and they get no benefit from either system in terms of skill pairing. The right side of the bell curve gets fucked in SBMM, and that is going to be a very invested, vocal portion of the player base.

ocean

Banned
Oh Bungo...

Just make it 100% connection based. If they are indeed going back to CBMM little by little, might as well just change it back to how it was in Y1, that's what everyone wants anyway.
It's never been purely CBMM even in Y1. Except Y1 Trials and remember what that was like....

(Hint for Bungie lurkers: the best PvP the game has ever had).

Lnkn52

Eventually, the less skilled players are going to try other game modes and control will be filled with mostly skilled players pub stomping.

WipedOut

It's really called the disappointment chest.

But it has this in it and I needs it:

Ml2PgXe.jpg

It's unsettling seeing people on my friends list who used to play this almost 24/7 now playing something else.
I didn't know some of you guys even had other games.

PvE is nothing more than a rinse & repeat mode at this point and has been for some time, there is no number to chase anymore and little reason to do it in the first place, multiplayer is a mess according to the diehards, etc. The content just is not currently there to keep players enticed. After Tuesday's reset I boot the game and either idle in orbit or the tower until my controller turns off prompting me to ask myself why I even bother.

I love the gunplay and trying out new weapons and such but it only goes so far. I'll play Iron Banner when it comes back and PvE on Tuesday's but that's about it.

The Division can't get here soon enough.

Hopefully the spring Destiny update adds something new and significant to do.

I'm stocking up on 3DS games for my son's birth next month.

• Going to do a Nuzlocke run on POKEMON YELLOW when it releases on 3DS eshop late this month. (Hat tip to Kor)
  • Picked up THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU used today.
  • and I'm resolved to finally beat CHRONO TRIGGER. I got it on DS like a decade ago, but lost my copy before I beat it. Found it last year when I moved. Time to make that happen.

I would get a Vita and play Destiny, but that's more expense than I can justify with a newborn. :p Besides, we can't all be LT.

PvE is nothing more than a rinse & repeat mode at this point and has been for some time, there is no number to chase anymore and little reason to do it in the first place, multiplayer is a mess according to the diehards, etc. The content just is not currently there to keep players enticed. After Tuesday's reset I boot the game and either idle in orbit or the tower until my controller turns off prompting me to ask myself why I even bother.

I love the gunplay and trying out new weapons and such but it only goes so far. I'll play Iron Banner when it comes back and PvE on Tuesday's but that's about it.

Oh yea, I haven't done PvE since the challenge mode when Oryx was it 3 weeks ago. PvP has still been fairly fun. In both my trials runs this past weekend, I didn't experience any lag so that was exciting. 1 guy red barred once but I didn't even notice it. Of course that's a very miniscule sample but it was very welcoming.

With very little to no lag, PvP is fairly enjoyable.

I'm definitely checking out The Division. Hoping it gives me a couple of weeks of good content.

Enjoying a game with your friends who are more/less skilled than you are will be easier, but your opponents will be more random, so you will stand a better chance of getting your ass kicked - or vice versa.

The wife and I are pretty happy about this.

Also, nice to see bungie reacting more than once every two months to players opinions.

LTWood12

• Going to do a Nuzlocke run on POKEMON YELLOW when it releases on 3DS eshop late this month. (Hat tip to Kor)
  • and I'm resolved to finally beat CHRONO TRIGGER. I got it on DS like a decade ago, but lost my copy before I beat it. Found it last year when I moved. Time to make that happen.

I would get a Vita and play Destiny, but that's more expense than I can justify with a newborn. :p Besides, we can't all be LT.

You will.

I played Inferno Playlist last night with my nephew. Had some good laughs going Armor of Light when it went to Control and Weapons when it went to Clash. Playing with friends and/or family and having these types of moments is what this game brings that no other online game has done for me before.

NeOak

You could get a Vita cheap here on GAF. Check the BST thread in Gaming Community.

You mean that Halo 4 writer?

LOL

Well, he tried to summarize a trilogy of huge books into 1 game. Halo 3 ended and that was that. With Destiny, we have tons of lore and no story so there's a great amount to work with and turn it into epic storytelling.

Haha, I do the same exact thing. I log in for a few hours but I dont actually play.

the_id

Well, he tried to summarize a trilogy of huge books into 1 game. Halo 3 ended and that was that. With Destiny, we have tons of lore and no story so there's a great amount to work with and turn it into epic storytelling.
I actually enjoy the story of Halo expanded especially about the Mantle of Responsibility stuff and the story of the Forerunner civilization which was pretty much like Caste system.

Watching WaR play First Light is hilarious. He doesn't remember playing it when the weapons patch came out. "Where did he go (At C)? THere's a hole there? Oh you can go on the roof!" LOL

NeOak

You laugh but that's a huge improvement over having no writers in the case of vanilla Destiny.

You forget, they had hours of content and missions that were scraped. Hours of recorded dialogue. They threw all that out. Fired the main writer due to office politics. All thanks to some who may still be there at Bungie.

VoG, the moon, Mercury, the reef, the dreadnought. All that was in the first version that Gabe played. Remember the different datamined Raid armors. We never got those.

Vanilla Destiny was a copy and paste of a little chunk. And their BS execution is one of the reasons we got a silent ghost for TDB and HoW when there was Dinklage dialogue already recorded but unusable for the kindergarten level rewritten story we got.

But Halo 4? Jesus. I cringed at some stuff because they went extended universe on it.

And sorry for the rant, I don't like the Nolanbot. He is stupid and an ignorant child. I prefer the old and sarcastic Dinklebot that sounded like he HAD actually searched for years for his Guardian. And who actually knew how dangerous was WAKING UP THE DAMN HIVE :(. Vanilla story being rewritten lead to losing the Dinklebot, so I get salty about it.

That is the main problem with the new Halos post Reach: You need to read a lot of books, comics and other stuff to have an idea of what is going on. Way too convoluted. And the Spartan Locke parts are sadly quite a snoozefest that are only redeemed by having Nathan Fillion as Buck and a decent performance by the others.

At least with Destiny, the lore is on the grimoire cards. Halo? That will be $$$$ for the books and comics, thanks.

The connections in the freelance 3v3 are pretty good but I keep getting team splits like this

CbcMluoXIAAyMU9.jpg

Hopefully it will rollout pretty quickly to other playlists. I prefer salvage now as its easier to deal with heavy ammo, as players will generally be at a defined point on the map, I'll just keep backing out of skirmish until they nerf HMGs

Deku Tree

The connections in the freelance 3v3 are pretty good but I keep getting team splits like this

CbcMluoXIAAyMU9.jpg

Hopefully it will rollout pretty quickly to other playlists. I prefer salvage now as its easier to deal with heavy ammo, as players will generally be at a defined point on the map, I'll just keep backing out of skirmish until they nerf HMGs

You lost because your team would deploy the probe and then fail to protect it. And you let the other team succefully deploy too many probes. Your teams kills were fine. #SalvageScoring

Dthomp

Alright guys, who's up for HM KF raid? Starting from Totems.
I'm thinking 9pm est.

Pandora012
Beagles329
NCR Redslayer
Dreamgazer - Up to Oryx
milkham

Ps. I'm a bit rusty, as I haven't played in a bit.

Another bump.....

Edit: One more person!

I would be interested most likely. I am signed up to run VOG with Hawkian but I'm not sure if that group is near 6 or not. My PSN is Dthomp

haha yeah, it's bad, either 1 good perk + 1 terrible or 2 terrible :D

I just don't get why they removed the ability to re-roll legendary weapons through the Gunsmith for Year 2 weapons. Outside of buying a vendor weapon that you like the perks on (say Hung Jury) the chances of getting what you consider a perfect roll on a legendary drop is just about zero with no way to re-roll but rather hope for a better drop in the future.

Top Bottom