• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Now you can pack your bags and move to Mercury

Doubt it'll be a reoccuring event, but I am playing a card with him on Sunday. Hopefully it goes well.

Good, now have him play trials with us :)

After I run with him and hopefully do well, maybe he'll be up for that. I know him and Ramblinn does single carries with viewers but hopefully he'll be willing to do something like that if we develop a friendship.

Frenden

Banned
I decided to grab Shaxx bounties and play this morning at 7:00 AM. I couldn't sleep, so I figured what's the harm?

I get matchmade and everyone is yellow or red bar. I'm not speaking hyperbolically, everyone. First Light. Three people on my team. In progress. 8000 to around 800. They have heavy. FML.

I decided to not be salty and let the game matchmake again. Next match? 3/4s yellow and red bars. Map? First Light.

I turned off my PS4.

I just can't take PVP seriously anymore in this game. Sometimes I honestly think they should shut down Crucible all together for at least a month (The Division is coming out soon👀) and just figured out what the hell they can do to cater the casual players vs. the "hardcore" players in this game. I jumped into this game to play for fun with my friends, but the matches we get in are sweaty ALLL the time. And it's just getting aggravated, I just feel like the PVP side of the community is very toxic, but that is just my opinion. I just want to do something PVE again in this game if not I guess I'll have the Division for that and if I want to play competitively or sweaty I'll play COD. It's like yesterday I hit 320 on my Warlock and someone in here told me "Terrible stats, try again", yeah I would give a shit about my stats if PVP wasn't a fucking mess.

So that's just me about the game right now. ;/

I am right there with you Val. I miss pvp from year one :(

Daemul

Meh, I don't really have no problem with Dr Lupo using KB/M since PvP in it's current state is a clusterfuck so Lupo might as well add to the disarray
KuGsj.gif

If Bungie ever figure out what they're doing with PvP and add a proper ranked playlist issues will definitely come up though, and if Destiny ever goes competitive like COD and Halo and has official tournaments then the use of KB/M WILL be banned, so if Lupo has aspirations about being a pro Destiny player one day he better get used to playing with a controller.

Acidote

Just joined a Salvage game about to end and I was the only player in my team? I'm not getting the achievement that way.

Ape, got to thinking about how we were playing on our run and one of the strengths of our play beyond the typical teamwork, gunplay, etc.

Every match on Rusted Lands, we pushed up Hard through B as our preferred strategy.

Look at how much of the map we were controlling and how little the enemy had to maneuver.

And then if we got a pick, we pushed up even harder.

This is one of the tips I read about after our run. Destiny tends to create passive play, but aggression and pushes can be incredibly powerful, especially once you get First Blood.

Hope others get some value out of that too.

Ape, got to thinking about how we were playing on our run and one of the strengths of our play beyond the typical teamwork, gunplay, etc.

Every match on Rusted Lands, we pushed up Hard through B as our preferred strategy.

Look at how much of the map we were controlling and how little the enemy had to maneuver.

This is one of the tips I read about after our run. Destiny tends to create passive play, but aggression and pushes can be incredibly powerful, especially once you get First Blood.

That map is great for learning a map's callouts, where did ou get that from?

Some good points!

I think our team makeup helped us win too. You and Igor were good at getting picks via sniper, followed up by a hard push by me while you guys moved in or picked off someone else.

On that note, I actually hate Rusted Lands lol I like the B push because of hard scoping snipers.

Some good points!

I think our team makeup helped us win too. You and Igor were good at getting picks via sniper, followed up by a hard push by me while you guys moved in or picked off someone else.

On that note, I actually hate Rusted Lands lol I like the B push because of hard scoping snipers.

Yep. But I was also being aggressive with Doctrine AND aggressively moving up to post up for new snipes. AGGRESSION!

Your points about Rusted lands points to probably why Burning Shrine is sooo good, and why I like spawning inside.

Our comp with Nami was good too. Someone on CPB likened it to a Scorpion. Two shotguns and a Sniper. Snip-snip-sting.

Edit: also, I'm on a salt free diet for the afternoon.

I can't speak for Biggy, but Nathan singing "Hello from the other side" after I got a wrecking ball in Trials must have been the highlight of his weekend.

Frenden

Banned
I've played Destiny with a KBM and it's an advantage, period. Emulating a stick and a capped turn rate make it worse than a vanilla KBM on PC, but it's still finer control than you have with a thumbstick.

I'm a controller guy, though--too much muscle memory to buy a XIM and all that. Plus it feels cheaty.

I can't speak for Biggy, but Nathan singing "Hello from the other side" after I got a wrecking ball in Trials must have been the highlight of his weekend.

I miss hearing your son. He's too cute. I'll never forget our flawless run on CE.

"I love you guys. They're your friends so I love them too"

Did you ever talk to your co-worker that we beat in trials?

LOL that was good times. No I've actually never talked to him since the first time he dropped by the table I was sitting at during lunch when we added each other. He always had a full group for raids and went home earlier than I did so nothing ever happened from that. Funny though it's this same Nepal shirt that prompted my coworker we beat to talk to me, that also started the convo of "you still play Destiny?" by a teammate that then said some guy named DrLupo that streams often works here.

I'm still salty about that whole run. Final boss should have been ours :*(

I can't speak about KB/M since I haven't used it. I'm curious to try it, though, just out of pure curiosity sake. I love my Elite controller for XB1 so it's hard to go away from that.

Well where you at for trials, MFer?

I was playing on XB1 mostly this past weekend getting my nephew his first Mercury visit!

E92 M3

LOL that was good times. No I've actually never talked to him since the first time he dropped by the table I was sitting at during lunch when we added each other. He always had a full group for raids and went home earlier than I did so nothing ever happened from that. Funny though it's this same Nepal shirt that prompted my coworker we beat to talk to me, that also started the convo of "you still play Destiny?" by a teammate that then said some guy named DrLupo that streams often works here.

I'm still salty about that whole run. Final boss should have been ours :*(

Your workplace is an incubator of Destiny players.

Your workplace is an incubator of Destiny players.

I'm curious to know who else plays. I wear a Destiny shirt once or twice a week and have only been talked to about it by 1 person that I didn't know at the time that also plays it, a random person who I never found out that wore a Nepal shirt, and now DrLupo. 4 players so far haha.

ocean

Banned
So I start playing on an alt PSN account I used to have. Find a single Destiny character: level 35 Warlock. 165 Light, best gun is a Y1 Bad Juju from tower green Engram.

Play a few matches and I'm 30 kills and 2.0+ every time. SBMM is so ass, seriously. Game is bunching up the worst players in the universe and having them "sweat" amongst each other.

A completely random pool of players matched purely on connections wouldn't give you a full tryhard or a full scrub lobby. You'd have 4 great players, 4 so-so, and 4 bad ones of the curve is normal. Just get the best 12 pings the. Split the teams up as fairly as possible. Not this cherry picking of normalized skill lobbies, what is this.

Btw: got myself a Revelator with Rangefinder and Hammer Forged and Hidden Hand on this account -.- can't even use it till I'm level 40... I would kill for this roll on my real account.

So I start playing on an alt PSN account I used to have. Find a single Destiny character: level 35 Warlock. 165 Light, best gun is a Y1 Bad Juju from tower green Engram.

Play a few matches and I'm 30 kills and 2.0+ every time. SBMM is so ass, seriously. Game is bunching up the worst players in the universe and having them "sweat" amongst each other.

A completely random pool of players matched purely on connections wouldn't give you a full tryhard or a full scrub lobby. You'd have 4 great players, 4 so-so, and 4 bad ones of the curve is normal. Just get the best 12 pings the. Split the teams up as fairly as possible. Not this cherry picking of normalized skill lobbies, what is this.

Btw: got myself a Revelator with Rangefinder and Hammer Forged and Hidden Hand on this account -.- can't even use it till I'm level 40... I would kill for this roll on my real account.

Honestly, I'm hoping Destiny 2 adds trading. There's way too many perk combinations and I hope Destiny 2 adds MORE options, MORE guns/gear. And more would be tied with trading that way there are just way too many options available to ever collect even with trading.

Kyoufu

So uh, what happened here? o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm6ePGSaDVo

Honestly, I'm hoping Destiny 2 adds trading. There's way too many perk combinations and I hope Destiny 2 adds MORE options, MORE guns/gear. And more would be tied with trading that way there are just way too many options available to ever collect even with trading.

I think trading would kill the economy tbh. That's why they decided against it. They just need to increase drop rates.

X-Frame

I agree man. I'm not understanding why Bungie just hasn't reverted their MM to Year 1.

Why all these recent tweaking if it still doesn't seem as good as it used to be?

Could you imagine how much a Fakebringer would fetch on eBay? $_$

I don't think Bungie will ever add trading. Not unless it's only active at the end of mission with those that are present at the time.

I'd rather they add a crafting system so I can add the perks I want to the gun I want (I.e. similar to Fallout).

So uh, what happened here? o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm6ePGSaDVo

I think trading would kill the economy tbh. That's why they decided against it. They just need to increase drop rates.

Could you imagine how much a Fakebringer would fetch on eBay? $_$

I don't think Bungie will ever add trading. Not unless it's only active at the end of mission with those that are present at the time.

I'd rather they add a crafting system so I can add the perks I want to the gun I want (I.e. similar to Fallout).

Ehh not if there are a ton of combinations and valuable combos. It works just fine in Borderlands. There really aren't MANY options right now so it wouldn't work in its current state. Just like GHorn in year 1 before Xur sold it. A lot of people would have paid a pretty penny. Exotic Guns should also have crazy perks that way not every single 1 is =. Just adds more variety. Splitting PvE and PvP might help. Whether it has a different set of perks for PvP or what.

If I could choose 3 things for Destiny 2 to have, in order of importance:

1) Dedicated Servers
2) Custom PvP matches
3) A crap ton of different options for perks on both gear&weapons including primary with burn.

A completely random pool of players matched purely on connections wouldn't give you a full tryhard or a full scrub lobby.

Well, those lobbies would occur once in a while through pure chance, but I agree with your general point. The idea that anyone not great will get repeatedly stomped is pure fantasy. It's the most infuriating non-argument raised in defense of SBMM. Mediocre players would, by definition, have similar performance irrespective of the matchmaking system.

Not know if posted, they have reduced more the SBMM in favor of connections just now on Control:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/192373140

Also, the damage referee is now live on Clash, Control, Rumble and freelance 3v3

Wonder if IB will be control or clash..

Oh Bungo...

Just make it 100% connection based. If they are indeed going back to CBMM little by little, might as well just change it back to how it was in Y1, that's what everyone wants anyway.

Oh Bungo...

Just make it 100% connection based. If they are indeed going back to CBMM little by little, might as well just change it back to how it was in Y1, that's what everyone wants anyway.

Maybe they're looking at the statistics

and the statistics are showing that CBMM is more enjoyable than SBMM, but they can't admit it because that would mean they're wrong

and they can't be having that

I can't keep track what's CB and SB these days. Mostly because I don't play anything except Trials and the daily on occasion just for marks.

Trials is CB.. Card Based, and that's all I know.

Dang if they were Lego I'd be a lot more interested. They look nice though.

Same. Lego would be awesome.

It's unsettling seeing people on my friends list who used to play this almost 24/7 now playing something else.
I didn't know some of you guys even had other games.

Top Bottom