• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

the_id

Plays with my 18 year old Nephew in skirmish and gets matchmade with an easy team of similar light levels as him....and he starts TEABAGGING!!!!! I need to teach him some manners.

DeviantBoi

Not sure how the contract reads where Activision could actually "takeover" the IP. But other than that, it is reasonable. Now, we could just completely off base . . . but there is just too much weirdness going on.

In the end, I'm not sure it matters all too much. This game is not monthly based. Its not a true-up MMO. We pay per content. An announcement of Destiny 2 will have lots of folks coming right back. Myself included

It's in the contract:

http://www.develop-online.net/inter...lations-of-the-bungie-activision-deal/0117411

Activision CFO Thomas Tippl has the final authority to decide whether the Bungie project has entered a ‘critical risk’ period, which is determined as the project not meeting certain completion or quality milestones. In this event Activision has the right to resume control of the Destiny series without Bungie’s approval until 2020. (Bungie must still be paid royalties for games already produced).

LTWood12

Plays with my 18 year old in skirmish and gets matchmade with an easy team of similar light levels as him....and he starts TEABAGGING!!!!! I need to teach him some manners.

2JrU4f6.gif

LTWood12

I remember reading all of this when it came to light well before I even knew to give a damn about Destiny. Really interesting reading it in hindsight, especially w/ the CEO getting sacked. Even though they haven't confirmed the delay, the fact that the change happened right when Jason learned of the delay pretty much confirms it. That would be too big a coincidence.

Highwind

I only teabag when bishes do it to me, and after I kill them 3 times.

Looks like no trials helms for me this week. T_T

Even worse I got my 5th Armamentarium chest piece from Rahool.

BUNGIE

PLZ

todd360

Tomorrow is a big day everyone. The newest volume of one piece and the newest evangelion movie that should have been released over a year ago will be avaialbe for purchase from the Bungie Store.
amazon

Namikaze1

gjhjhj.gif

Best revenge teabag on Galactus
Nah. The best one came a day later with a different group. I ended up successfully taking the first spark of the match to the rift. I killed five guys after slamming. The 6th comes and kills me after I had slammed. He then teabags me. I made it my mission to be a thorn on his side.

We needed 200 points to win (they needed like 12k). There were two guys near me. I killed both to get us the 200 points. The last death of the match ended up being the guy who teabagged me. I fucking teabagged that ghost. I made sure I was the last thing he saw before being sent to the scoreboard/rewards screen.

todd360

"Daddy, I peed my pants"

"No you didn't"

"Daddy! I peed my pants"

"Shut up. No you didn't"

Tone becomes almost violent, "daddy you piece of shit, I peed my pants"

I proceed to go get a glass of water or something. Ill never know the ending to this story.

Funny enough, the only time i teabag anyone, is to one of my friends that i play on a regular basis.

He is such a kamikaze on any game activity, that some times i get to see more of is ghost than of is character. Nightfals are quite...entertaining...

Then he moans that he does not get many kils during the game 😁

"Daddy, I peed my pants"

"No you didn't"

"Daddy! I peed my pants"

"Shut up. No you didn't"

I proceed to go get a glass of water or something. Ill never know the ending to this story.
If he's giggling when he's saying it, he probably didn't.

Highwind

Nah. The best one came a day later with a different group. I ended up successfully taking the first spark of the match to the rift. I killed five guys after slamming. The 6th comes and kills me after I had slammed. He then teabags me. I made it my mission to be a thorn on his side.

We needed 200 points to win (they needed like 12k). There were two guys near me. I killed both to get us the 200 points. The last death of the match ended up being the guy who teabagged me. I fucking teabagged that ghost. I made sure I was the last thing he saw before being sent to the scoreboard/rewards screen.

Dat vengeance.

I only teabag after I've been teabagged myself, when it happens I go H.A.M. I make them regret it with my teabagging skills.

Usually I stay away from tea bagging, but when it's done to me while their losing, it annoys me beyond belief. "Dude, you're losing by 5000 points. Why are you tea bagging?"

Tri4

Usually I stay away from tea bagging, but when it's done to me while their losing, it annoys me beyond belief. "Dude, you're losing by 5000 points. Why are you tea bagging?"
It could be because of individual victory. Other than bounties or ranking up in IB, I don't really care about winning the game too much, as long as I play well myself. If I play a game of control and we lose but I end up on top with the most caps and highest KD, I don't really care if we lost.

Of course some people will teabag even if they're playing bad, usually to get some rage (probably caused by losing/playing bad) out of their system or to piss you off.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I keep forgetting I need to reschedule the regular newbie raid time cause I joined a kickball league. The last two games were called on account of torrential rain so it slipped my mind. I'm gonna make it Wednesdays, at least for now.

To that end, here's a new image for the OT (whenever you get a chance Drizzay):

I'm also opening up the form now for this Wednesday's (2/3) King's Fall newbie raid. Click the image to sign up, 5 spots remaining for now.

Watching all these early episodes where Ted is just this immature asshole when it comes to Robin & then you remember that the whole show was leading up to that.

Smh

Raven117

Activision CFO Thomas Tippl has the final authority to decide whether the Bungie project has entered a ‘critical risk’ period, which is determined as the project not meeting certain completion or quality milestones. In this event Activision has the right to resume control of the Destiny series without Bungie’s approval until 2020. (Bungie must still be paid royalties for games already produced).
To be all "lawyerly" this is not giving the IP to Activision so much as it is surrendering control (its different). Regardless, it effectively would be giving the IP to Activision for the short term.

From a contract perspective, its interesting that the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) is the one that makes this call. That means its simply money driven. Period.

There is a lot of ambiguity in that provision though. Where was this provision located in the contract? (Not asking you specifically....just in rhetorically). Is critical risk more of a financial concern more than it is game development (yes, the two go hand in hand). Is a critical risk a mere missing of a deadline or is it when the missing of a deadline drastically alters revenue and enough to be "critical risk."

If I were the attorney on this deal (wonder who represented the parties...) I would think that this provision would have been more eloquently worded when it specifically deals with the surrending control of your (Bungie's) IP for 4 years. It really seems like practically, this was meant for year 1. Even if Activision pulled the plug TODAY (and no litigation ensued), it would be a tall order for them to gain control and pump out a game worth buying in 4 years. And that's just one game.

Better to keep beating up on Bungie to get it done...

Sorry..rambling...you can probably tell what I do for a living....

Daemul

I will admit to being a habitual teabagger in Destiny, but that's something I've done for as long as I've played Halo and it's a way of life in that community, you even saw it in a recent tournament where a pro player started teabgging another, it's just how things work lol

For some reason the Destiny fanbase tends to get really riled up by teabagging, maybe it's because Destiny has attracted a large number of people who tend to stay away from FPS multiplayer games and Destiny is their first taste of PvP, but man it gets to them so easily.

Obviously not halo fans, teagbagging is just a way of life for us xboners

It's as common as the handshake

Yep. Teabgging is part of our nature, it will never go away.

the_id

"Daddy, I peed my pants"

"No you didn't"

"Daddy! I peed my pants"

"Shut up. No you didn't"

If he's giggling when he's saying it, he probably didn't.

Macello's son reminds me of Dr Cox's son in Scrubs.
latest

The ultimate real life teabag.

Frenden

Banned
PoE has been kind of a refreshingly mindless activity. Why they didn't just make it LL 310+ and update it for TTK boggles my mind.

Ten more for rank three and my shaders.

ICON-VII

Neo Member
So I keep forgetting I need to reschedule the regular newbie raid time cause I joined a kickball league. The last two games were called on account of torrential rain so it slipped my mind. I'm gonna make it Wednesdays, at least for now.

To that end, here's a new image for the OT (whenever you get a chance Drizzay):

I'm also opening up the form now for this Wednesday's (2/3) King's Fall newbie raid. Click the image to sign up, 5 spots remaining for now.

I signed up. Thanks for doing this, Hawkian! Excited to finally see the end of a raid, haha.

Top Bottom