• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Matt Frost

EDIT: Just noticed your post about the extra scout in the kiosk, which doesn't seem to be on the website. Not at home so can't confirm I have that or not (assume I do as I have the Y2 MIDA unlocked).

Please say so if you do own that empty spot on the Kiosk.

She's the taken ultra that spawns in the Forgotten Shore (head right at the spawn) once you've taken down three lieutenants. She can be a pain to take down because there's a lot of cover, she's surrounded by hobgoblins usually and it's not the most populated area. Get it today while she's still the subject of the weekly Petra bounty!

DGaf thread move really fast I almost missed this, thanks, will get it ASAP. Thanks again for your help, Google didnt do much and my friends did it a long time ago so they were like "That one, yes I did it but dont ask me where as it was months ago". So THANK you!

Matt Frost

They've gone on record to say that primary weapons with an element are going away, so if they update any for Y2 I assume they'll be stripping the elemental damage from them.

Well thats bad. I loved Fatebringer or Word of Crota, they had elemental damage. Removing that is not a good idea, but is Bungie.

All of the big legendary emotes have been 500 I think? Can't remember now. I'm sitting on quite a bit of silver but have no real interest in the dance emotes until I can customize all of the assignments.

Yes they are 500 silver each. Or 5$ as well. I would love to customize all of the assignments as well. I even thought it was like that before buying some.

Bungie just had a terrible past couple of days:

1. Destiny 2 delay leaked
2. Rumors of no big content for Y2
3. Admitting to lying about SBMM
4. Backlash against IB Rift
5. CEO is sacked

After all that, people expected Bungie to give us some good news, perhaps a roadmap for Y2, a glimpse of things to come.

And what did we get?

Nada. Nothing. Just the same old BWU with a lot of words but very little content.

They lied about the SBMM? Didnt know that. Well, people should know about this. I will tell all my friends, you all should do the same. Bungie better starts learning from their mistakes or they will become the next Atari (means gone, extinct, bankruptcy)

Edit: Ups sorry for the double post

My friend Jordi: let's do trials! Just for Fun.
Me; oh boy
"Gets match up with Rhabby_V and loses 5-0"
Jordi: this shit ain't fun.
Me: I TOLD YOU

"In fact, if you’re a player of Destiny, you’ll have some Silver in your account when Eververse Trading opens their new shop. If you appear in the game between now and December, you’ll get even more Silver."

https://www.bungie.net/en/news/news?aid=13688

Yeah, I don't think that ever materialised.

You already got it.

Everyone got 200 silver and you got an additional 200 silver for loggin in between Tess's launch & December.

And here's the final chart for OT38 and how OT39's shaping up (even worse).
ASZqlf6.png

OT38 was 24% slower than anything in Year 1, even the grim period of the Dark Below.

Shiv47

You already got it.

Everyone got 200 silver and you got an additional 200 silver for loggin in between Tess's launch & December.

ASZqlf6.png

OT38 was 24% slower than anything in Year 1, even the grim period of the Dark Below.

Not a shock. It'll keep going down, as the hardcore probably keep dwindling as lack of content kills interest over time.

the_id

You already got it.

ASZqlf6.png

This looks so depressing.

I just wanted to toss some positive energy into the thread today!

On Friday, Igor and I did a semi-carry for Macello's friend Icon. It was his first time going flawless in Y2. It was tough, but we pulled it out. We had to use the mercy on Final Boss 1 and came out ahead against Final Boss 2. It was very rewarding helping him, after weeks of trying, get that flawless.

I still don't consider myself a good PvPer

edit: I should also mention Igor is a beast with the snipes!

E92 M3

On Friday, Igor and I did a semi-carry for Macello's friend Icon. It was his first time going flawless in Y2. It was tough, but we pulled it out. We had to use the mercy on Final Boss 1 and came out ahead against Final Boss 2. It was very rewarding helping him, after weeks of trying, get that flawless.

Imposter Syndrome

todd360

Wants to toss positive energy. Hates on himself instead.

Imposter Syndrome

Wants to toss positive energy. Hates on himself instead.

Haha. I'm half Mexican. As George Lopez said, "Negativity drives the culture"

Ape, you are here on this distribution of Trials ELO.

0RVFgXp.png

I sure don't feel that good sometimes! Also, I always compare myself in relation to the best of DGAF. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been the 1 in a 1v3 situation and succeeded. Where as, I've seen someone like Todd, shrug off a 1v3 likes it's nothing("They can't handle my bullets"). That said, thank you for making me happy about my Trials performance! We need to play together again sometime too.

Murdaro's 3067 elo is not even on that chart, and it is 300 points higher than anyone else lol.

To be fair to Ape, he started in Thanksgiving at 1498 and worked his way up to 1808. Great job, Ape!

I sure don't feel that good sometimes! Also, I always compare myself in relation to the best of DGAF. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been the 1 in a 1v3 situation and succeeded. Where as, I've seen someone like Todd, shrug off a 1v3 likes it's nothing("They can handle my bullets"). That said, thank you for making me happy about my Trials performance! We need to play together again sometime too.

I'd like that too!

Dynedom

Oryx Heroic CP for Challenge mode here. Need 2 more. PSN: Dynedom

1) Dynedom
2) SoulClap
3) Branaghs
4) A_Fat_Panda_36
5)
6)

We've got 2 titans but we might grab 2 more checkpoints if anyone wants to do Challenge with 2 other characters.

Oh I wasn't comparing Murdaro to Ape or anyone else. Just looking at the chart and noticing what I said.

Sure Ape's elo is amazing.

Murdaro is on another level. I watched his stream once. He's not as charismatic as Krafty, but the coordination with his team mate is pretty amazing.

I appreciate that so much (and calling it a semi-carry too, because he's way above average.) It was stressing me out because we came close a bunch of times and he didn't want to play with someone like Rubenov, who is demanding and critical (love you Ruben!)

Big shoutout to Pew and Biggy for carrying me to 7 post flawless wins too!

I appreciate that so much (and calling it a semi-carry too, because he's way above average.) It was stressing me out because we came close a bunch of times and he didn't want to play with someone like Rubenov, who is demanding and critical (love you Ruben!)

Big shoutout to Pew and Biggy for carrying me to 7 post flawless wins too!

Of course! Icon is good and was doing work for sure. The best part of that run was Macello tech support tho :p

Raven117

To me, it looks like the previous CEO re-negotiated with Activision in regards to the two DLCs that were scheduled to come out this year. The reasoning was that they needed all of Bungie to be working on Destiny 2.

However, once they realized that Destiny 2 was not gonna make the release date, someone had to pay the price, and, rightfully, it was the CEO.

According to the contract, if the Destiny brand is in jeopardy of losing its value, Activision will take over. That's probably the number one priority of the new CEO, avoiding that situation. It might bode well for Y2 players as we might get some bigger content to keep the game alive.

Just my take on the situation from what I've read online.

I bet they got a nice payday from Activision for signing up with them. Too bad that they overestimated their ability to keep that original release schedule.

Not sure how the contract reads where Activision could actually "takeover" the IP. But other than that, it is reasonable. Now, we could just completely off base . . . but there is just too much weirdness going on.

In the end, I'm not sure it matters all too much. This game is not monthly based. Its not a true-up MMO. We pay per content. An announcement of Destiny 2 will have lots of folks coming right back. Myself included

Ghazi

Haha. I'm half Mexican. As George Lopez said, "Negativity drives the culture"

I sure don't feel that good sometimes! Also, I always compare myself in relation to the best of DGAF. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been the 1 in a 1v3 situation and succeeded. Where as, I've seen someone like Todd, shrug off a 1v3 likes it's nothing("They can't handle my bullets"). That said, thank you for making me happy about my Trials performance! We need to play together again sometime too.

Direct feed footage of todd in a 1v3:

bqyIm.gif

LTWood12

All good. Saturday during the day or afternoon is good for me.

Yeah, I felt bad about that first final boss. It's so hard to not get really invested sometimes! Especially when it comes to Trials.

You can carry my sorry ass tonight. I need me a counterbalance Doctrine yo, and I'll even use a controller and a mic.

edit: My son got accepted to over expensive Pre-K. So, yay and ahhhh maaaaaan

ICON-VII

Neo Member

Thanks again Ape & Igor! Mercury was a regular thing with Macello pre Taken King. The combo of diminishing playing time and my obsession with trying to make it there with him again in Y2 before anything else led to the failure attempts every weekend. Finally said fine, whatever I'll give it a run without Macello (after being offered many times by other groups) and am glad I did. I play leagues better when I'm not stressed about pissing anyone off in my fireteam, which leads to hesitancy and 3 kill matches so I'm glad you guys beasted and made up for my scrub arse through those final matches!

Shouldn't all PVP playlists be power matters? What is the point of not having all Y1 weapons be updated to Y2 (besides not knowing how to handle a ghorn nerf)

and a good nap.

giphy.gif

So this,

FDcUvvz.gif

did not happen to me this weekend.

Division was interesting, but it's core loop didn't click with me. It might with more time, but I'm old and tired. There are only so many meta games I can learn. The RPG elements and the customization is excellent. It was nice to play with two buddies. But I can't see playing solo very much.

And holy crap, it's amazing what a next-gen (current-gen?) social shooter can be. Destiny's last gen roots really, really show.

Shouldn't all PVP playlists be power matters? What is the point of not having all Y1 weapons be updated to Y2 (besides not knowing how to handle a ghorn nerf)

They should do something, it's stupid esp with how crap the drop rates are now. You have people running around with perfect Matadors, Felwinters and Benevolnces etc..with a clear advantage (I'm still salty I deleted mine)

LTWood12

giphy.gif

did not happen to me this weekend.

Division was interesting, but it's core loop didn't click with me. It might with more time, but I'm old and tired. There are only so many meta games I can learn. The RPG elements and the customization is excellent. It was nice to play with two buddies. But I can't see playing solo very much.

And holy crap, it's amazing what a next-gen (current-gen?) social shooter can be. Destiny's last gen roots really, really show.

Felt completely generic and flat to me. The open world is lifeless, the UI is an absolute mess, loot is totally uninteresting, and the disconnect of having to shoot have a clip of an M16 into a human head who is not wearing armor; in what is supposed to be a hyper realistic setting, just doesn't feel right. Honestly I'm surprised at how positive the reaction to it was. Another case of a Ubisoft reveal being way more interesting than the actual release.

Felt completely generic and flat to me. The open world is lifeless, the UI is an absolute mess, loot is totally uninteresting, and the disconnect of having to shoot have a clip of an M16 into a human head who is not wearing armor; in what is supposed to be a hyper realistic setting, just doesn't feel right. Honestly I'm surprised at how positive the reaction to it was. Another case of a Ubisoft reveal being way more interesting than the actual release.
I've been saying that people have wildly unrealistic expectations for The Division. I can't wait for all the "I only played this game for 120 hours and there's nothing left to do" complaints. It's hard to squeeze that much out of Fallout or Skyrim games.

Top Bottom