• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Trakan

Sniper aim assist continues to infuriate me. I threw together a few clips I had saved on my PS4. It boggles my mind that they haven't at least attempted to make some changes regarding them. Turn AA down, see how it goes. Make it so getting shot when zoomed de-scopes the player. Do something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfyTpx3Sw8

*cheering for a smooth and lag-less run*

Lag wasn't too bad actually. Melee registration glitch was happening non-stop but otherwise the only thing bumpy about the games was our collective scrubbiness. We went 4-3 and I even managed to tank my ELO below 2000, lol. I'd hoped to only take a week or two off but it's time for a very long Destiny vacation. I keep picking at the scab, thinking I want to play, but I just don't enjoy the game anymore. Doesn't matter if we win and I play well or if we lose and I suck (had a few games of each tonight).

I have 0 patience left for this game. I can't sit around hard scoping lanes and it's tough to collectively push with shotguns, especially with the dumbass equip delay nerf on shotguns and the melee glitches. I'll still help with raids if there are people looking but otherwise I'll be using the Unstable Method: reset raiding then don't play for a week.

edit: ...and Stabie isn't even reset raiding this week. RIP the dream. RIP in pieces.

Thanks for the games Lt and Drizz! Sorry we couldn't get you the flawless Lt.

Yeah GGs gentlemen! If nothing else it was a useful reminder for me, haha....

Sniper aim assist continues to infuriate me. I threw together a few clips I had saved on my PS4. It boggles my mind that they haven't at least attempted to make some changes regarding them. Turn AA down, see how it goes. Make it so getting shot when zoomed de-scopes the player. Do something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfyTpx3Sw8

lol I raged out about a good one of these tonight. Put two MIDA headshots on a guy then he blanes me in the face before I can pull the trigger a 3rd time. Mida is supposed to have extra stagger as a perk yet the guy can headshot me after taking two shots to his face. Oh well. One of many reasons to take a break.

SheHateMe

Looks like I'm mirroring everyone's sentiments here.

Hit Rank 3 for Iron Banner without turning in the 4 dailies and 3 IB weeklies and I'm inclined to just keep them all until the next IB. Already got the scout as a drop and LOL @ Fusion Rifle.

Is Rank 5 even worth it at this point?

.....told you guys about snipers

...but noooo shotguns are a problem

"But breezy snipers take skill and it's sweaty and intense"

FIRST IT WAS THE NERF TO SHOTGUNS AFTER HOUSE OF WOLVES
AND I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE HAND CANNON NERFS
THEN YOU CAME FOR MY SUNBREAKERS WHEN I WARNED YOU ABOUT WARLOCKS
AND THEN YOU KILLED SHOTGUNS FOR GOOD
AND NOW BREEZY WAS RIGHT ABOUT SNIPER RIFLES FROM DAY 1

OL' BREEZY IS DONE WARNING YOU

Frenden

Banned
lol I raged out about a good one of these tonight. Put two MIDA headshots on a guy then he blanes me in the face before I can pull the trigger a 3rd time. Mida is supposed to have extra stagger as a perk yet the guy can headshot me after taking two shots to his face. Oh well. One of many reasons to take a break.

The crazy thing--I feel like I lose a lot more snipe battles in Y2. Meanwhile my opponents are unflinching maestros. I don't get the disparity. Is it lag or what?

Either way, I've gone shotgun of late. I rush with it and use a high impact scout almost as a secondary for engagements where I can't close the gap safely.

The SBMM in the regular playlist is fucking awful and impossible to enjoy after even the faintest, briefest respite with a tweaked Iron Banner.

I dunno, man. I'm buying Battlefield 4 this week. And looking forward to Plants v. Zombies GW2.

Also, my blade dancer didn't heal most of the time. Glitch or something.

That answers my question.

Keeping all my bounties until next IB.

I got a bad roll on Finella's Pearl (313)
Decent Nirmwin's Mercy @ 317
320 Warlock Gloves (best)
317 Titan gloves (already had 320)
And the other 2 were so bad I don't remember and dismantled them.

LTWood12

Thanks Ape and Drizz for playing. I'm bad, but feel like I played well below even what I expect from myself. Really hate to be a factor in driving you away from the game Drizzy, but I completely understand the feeling.

The fact that people praise the nerfs to shotguns is beyond me. The delay makes it feel less like an action game.

The crazy thing--I feel like I lose a lot more snipe battles in Y2. Meanwhile my opponents are unflinching maestros. I don't get the disparity. Is it lag or what?

Either way, I've gone shotgun of late. I rush with it and use a high impact scout almost as a secondary for engagements where I can't close the gap safely.

The SBMM in the regular playlist is fucking awful and impossible to enjoy after even the faintest, briefest respite with a tweaked Iron Banner.

I dunno, man. I'm buying Battlefield 4 this week. And looking forward to Plants v. Zombies GW2.

Yeah pretty much. I've never played so little Destiny and yet even that small amount is too much. Such a weird feeling after being able to put so many hours into the game over nearly a year and a half. Frankly I'm amazed it had been so fun for so long. It deserves a ton of credit for that. But right now I can't find a fun relationship with the game. SBMM ruins non-Trials Crucible and I can't do the Trials tedium anymore: I get so bored which means I play bad which means I can't help people which means there's no point in playing. On the flip side, I've been having so much fun doing non-Destiny stuff which further highlights the disconnect.

After the high of TTK's release, I don't think anyone expected the game to fall this far this fast. It's only been <5 months, but the silence on future content updates has become a mega-elephant
megaphant
in the room. Destiny was supposed to be a "service," an ongoing investment beyond what even annualized franchises could offer. It's become impossible to defend that position now. Last year, I didn't appreciate how crucial TDB and HoW were to maintaining that feeling. You kept playing for the current thing and for anticipation of the next thing. But now the current thing has been thoroughly exhausted and there's no next thing.

The fanbase holds Bungie to unobtainable expectations, yet it still feels strange to be here. Even so, the fact that it feels so strange is a testament to what they've accomplished. I can't overstate how wonderful this game and this community have been in my life. But it feels like the only appropriate reaction for most long time players is to walk away for awhile.

Thanks Ape and Drizz for playing. I'm bad, but feel like I played well below even what I expect from myself. Really hate to be a factor in driving you away from the game Drizzy, but I completely understand the feeling.

The fact that people praise the nerfs to shotguns is beyond me. The delay makes it feel less like an action game.

Nah, you weren't a factor driving me away in the slightest. None of the excellent people in this community have been a factor in that whatsoever. Just the opposite: all you marvelous people have been responsible for keeping me invested literally thousands of hours past what I otherwise would have played. It's truly been a blessing in my life for the last ~17 months. Hard to express online but just know that I'm always grateful for the relationships I've made here.

Rehsa

^ I don't blame you Drizz, take a break. My forced break was good, I am actually enjoying this IB and getting two characters to rank 5. I just wish I didn't miss out on so much tho

Just got the scout with crowd control, Rifled barrel and outlaw :)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Didn't think I would ever see it happen again but yes it did.

Just had a teammate grab the spark and then run it back to our rift. He stood there inside it obviously wondering what he was doing wrong.
I felt much joy watching him move back and forth and hop up and down trying to figure it out.

What a moron!

Yeah pretty much. I've never played so little Destiny and yet even that small amount is too much. Such a weird feeling after being able to put so many hours into the game over nearly a year and a half. Frankly I'm amazed it had been so fun for so long. It deserves a ton of credit for that. But right now I can't find a fun relationship with the game. SBMM ruins non-Trials Crucible and I can't do the Trials tedium anymore: I get so bored which means I play bad which means I can't help people which means there's no point in playing. On the flip side, I've been having so much fun doing non-Destiny stuff which further highlights the disconnect.

After the high of TTK's release, I don't think anyone expected the game to fall this far this fast. It's only been <5 months, but the silence on future content updates has become a mega-elephant
megaphant
in the room. Destiny was supposed to be a "service," an ongoing investment beyond what even annualized franchises could offer. It's become impossible to defend that position now. Last year, I didn't appreciate how crucial TDB and HoW were to maintaining that feeling. You kept playing for the current thing and for anticipation of the next thing. But now the current thing has been thoroughly exhausted and there's no next thing.

The fanbase holds Bungie to unobtainable expectations, yet it still feels strange to be here. Even so, the fact that it feels so strange is a testament to what they've accomplished. I can't overstate how wonderful this game and this community have been in my life. But it feels like the only appropriate reaction for most long time players is to walk away for awhile.

Nah, you weren't a factor driving me away in the slightest. None of the excellent people in this community have been a factor in that whatsoever. Just the opposite: all you marvelous people have been responsible for keeping me invested literally thousands of hours past what I otherwise would have played. It's truly been a blessing in my life for the last ~17 months. Hard to express online but just know that I'm always grateful for the relationships I've made here.

Great post Driz. This community is what made a good game into a great one for me. So many cool and helpul people on here to enjoy this game with. Thank you Driz for all you have done for me and this awesome community.

Your post made me sad :( feels like the end is near. BUNGIE is losing us one by one.

Two 310 ghosts out of two rank 5 IB packages. Fuck off Bungle.

Go to Orbit. Your real rank 5 reward will show up there. It's a glitch.

So the first 2 Oryx HM challenges when it came around, I couldn't complete 1. I did 3x PS4 on Tuesday reset. I did 3x xb1 tonight.

PS4 loot: 3x 320 helms, all 1sts.
Xb1 loot: I'm using a 320 Chelchis, I get 320 AR, 320 Chelchis, and 320 AR.

You can say it evened out.

Rehsa

So the first 2 Oryx HM challenges when it came around, I couldn't complete 1. I did 3x PS4 on Tuesday reset. I did 3x xb1 tonight.

PS4 loot: 3x 320 helms, all 1sts.
Xb1 loot: I'm using a 320 Chelchis, I get 320 AR, 320 Chelchis, and 320 AR.

You can say it evened out.
Nice!
-
So just hit rank 5 on Titan and got another 310 ghost and a 317 Haakon's Hatchet with Rangefinder/hand laid or reinforced barrel/ glass half full, pretty decent roll?

Had a clutch save. 3rd wave, 1 ogre teleported. The vessel had no health and we said DON'T KILL THE VESSEL! Let it eat the middle blight that's right next to us. We did and salvaged it with 2 more runs. After we had trouble with lag. Too much teleporting ogres.

Yea I saves my Titan for last, because all LFG seems to look for titans. And this was the best part: they needed 1. Found out I replaced a guy that didn't do too well and they tried for a while. After we flawlessly did the 1st wave, they said "well, this is already going better than our previous runs. It's crazy how much 1 guy can make a difference". We completed it on the first try!

Edit: seems pretty good. More range, stability, and bottom half does lore damage, right?

megaphant

I don't blame ya. I just wanted to complete Oryx challenge on all chars, and a year 2 flawless (xbox is still missing, stupid overtime on blind watch).
Now all I have to do is get it and hopefully get my nephew's first ever and I can take a real break. I'll do Golgy 3x because it's super easy and I can use some more gear but that's it.

This week, I'm playing xcom and the witness. Can't wait! The hardest part is actually stepping outside the Claws of Ahamkara Destiny. But once you do it, it'll feel great to play other games. Taking a break and playing Ori and the Blind a Forrest (highly recommended) and Bloodborne right after, was an amazing break. But at that time we also knew HoW was going to come out :/

At least now I'm at the point where I Quickscope in PvP and PvE somewhat often with success. I just don't want to lose my PvP skills.

To add to your message to LT, I agree 100%. Get this. I teamed up with iRawr on the Division while we waited for Nami and Todd to get on. We take a break but stay logged on in the game. After I make food, I come back and I see Ruthless doing Jumping Jacks on iRawr crouching body Hahaha. I didn't think you could do emotes. And then GalaVita joined and we enjoyed 5 hours of the Beta and had a blast. That would not have happened if it weren't for those awesome folks.

I don't want to wake anyone up so WipedOut, I will not be doing Warpriest x3. Literally no point in getting any special or heavy 320 for me. I can level some stuff i never use up from 310 to 320, oh boy.

I have a 320 1KYS and that's all I ever use or need.

Honestly I would be ok with new content that doesn't increase level cap. Just more things to get that's cool and fun things to do. With added vault space of course.

I hate making all out hard earned items obsolete, especially when we can barely use them as is.

Great post Driz. This community is what made a good game into a great one for me. So many cool and helpul people on here to enjoy this game with. Thank you Driz for all you have done for me and this awesome community.

Your post made me sad :( feels like the end is near. BUNGIE is losing us one by one.

Thanks dude, always appreciate everything you bring to this community. One of many people that make it what it is. And yeah I'm kinda bummed too but just remember it's never ogre! I'll be hanging around like usual, just not playing the game much unless there's something I can help people do.

I can't wait until there's a reason to be excited about Destiny again. I'll be first to climb aboard the hype train.

This week, I'm playing xcom and the witness. Can't wait! The hardest part is actually stepping outside the Claws of Ahamkara Destiny. But once you do it, it'll feel great to play other games. Taking a break and playing Ori and the Blind a Forrest (highly recommended)

Which XCom? I bought Enemy Unknown for $1 in the current Humble Bundle. Haven't tried it yet, been too busy Witnessing. So many fun games though, just beat VVVVV a few minutes ago:

6OxWXkf.jpg

I love 2-D platformers so Ori is high on my list, just waiting for some kind of sale. Until then I'll be getting into Dragon's Dogma and replaying Bioshock trilogy (was $10 this weekend on Steam). Plus some more Halo if I can ever coordinate w Stabie....

Anyone keen to doing a reset raid in approx. one hour?

Ummmmm I think we have a spot for 3x reset raids here in ~35 minutes. I'm not sure if it's filled or not. Were you just looking to do one run?

Thanks dude, always appreciate everything you bring to this community. One of many people that make it what it is. And yeah I'm kinda bummed too but just remember it's never ogre! I'll be hanging around like usual, just not playing the game much unless there's something I can help people do.

I can't wait until there's a reason to be excited about Destiny again. I'll be first to climb aboard the hype train.

Which XCom? I bought Enemy Unknown for $1 in the current Humble Bundle. Haven't tried it yet, been too busy Witnessing. So many fun games though, just beat VVVVV a few minutes ago:

I love 2-D platformers so Ori is high on my list, just waiting for some kind of sale. Until then I'll be getting into Dragon's Dogma and replaying Bioshock trilogy (was $10 this weekend on Steam). Plus some more Halo if I can ever coordinate w Stabie....

Ummmmm I think we have a spot for 3x reset raids here in ~35 minutes. I'm not sure if it's filled or not. Were you just looking to do one run?

I'm up for at least 2x

Cobalt03

megaphant

Agreed, and now with leaks about delays and no sequel till 2017 this game is dead

Namikaze1

Anyone in need of a 6th for reset raids?

So off topic but am in so much pain right now. Ended up slipping on a pile of snow and twisting my ankle last night. Shit hurts.

RIP the good Doctor, I agree with everything said.

When its all said and done Yr2 will be an object lesson in how not to run a game/business. this is the most fun I'm having in Destiny at the moment

uNe6rVC.png

Poor Lnkn

the_id

That's a moving post Bougester. I've been on GAF approaching 10 years now and I have never been part of a specific gaming community that's truly supportive and friendly. It shows when we're now in OT 39.

I can join for 3 rounds if there's a spot or anyone's starting a group.

Anyone in need of a 6th for reset raids?

So off topic but am in so much pain right now. Ended up slipping on a pile of snow and twisting my ankle last night. Shit hurts.
Can you still walk? If not, should have it x-rayed.
http://www.mdcalc.com/ottawa-ankle-rule/

Auctopus

So I keep forgetting I need to reschedule the regular newbie raid time cause I joined a kickball league. The last two games were called on account of torrential rain so it slipped my mind. I'm gonna make it Wednesdays, at least for now.

To that end, here's a new image for the OT (whenever you get a chance Drizzay):

I'm also opening up the form now for this Wednesday's (2/3) King's Fall newbie raid. Click the image to sign up, 5 spots remaining for now.

I'll sign up for future ones of these. Being from the UK, I'll only be down for the Sunday raid.

maomaoIYP

RIP the good Doctor, I agree with everything said.

When its all said and done Yr2 will be an object lesson in how not to run a game/business. this is the most fun I'm having in Destiny at the moment

http://i.imgur.com/uNe6rVC.png[IMG]

Poor Lnkn[/QUOTE]

Oh gawd, that pic.

E92 M3

Like many here, I do a few challenges and NF or 2 per week. Feels good to just play other games. What pushed me over the edge is the lack of vault space lol.

Top Bottom