• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Deku Tree

tumblr_nw4boyApXP1qzh2aio9_400.gif

MvSfKzX.jpg

Deku Tree

Scrub has been super real this week so we're not done yet. We're on Oryx #3 but Id just got DC'ed. Jigga has the CP saved though.

Thanks Drizzay! I'm just hanging out in orbit.

Wow every reset the game feels more and more dead.

This week literally no GAFFERS except you guys playing the game at all right now.

WeTeHa

Hoping for a 2x HM Totems-onward or Full Raid in about ~3hrs.

:DGAF bat sign:

I'd love to join for a full raid (or from totems), but I won't be on for another 6-7 hours. If anyone wants to do a raid (and/or NFx3) then (1 or 2 pm CST I think) I'm up for it.

WipedOut

HM Kings Fall Raid 6PM EST. (PS4) Warpriest Challenge x3 and run more of the raid if everyone wants.

1. W193D0UT
2. Jafku
3. Nicodemic
4. BurritoBear
5. Pandora012 ?
J/K
6. WeTeHa

Anyone have a Totem CP I can grab about 12est today?

EDIT: Full

Raven117

What sucks about destiny dying more than other console games (so, not full mmo) is that destiny created such a strong community. When the game "dies" it's really taking you away from the fun you had over 1.5 years making online friends.

Perhaps that is why it stings the way it does.

What sucks about destiny dying more than other console games (so, not full mmo) is that destiny created such a strong community. When the game "dies" it's really taking you away from the fun you had over 1.5 years making online friends.

Bingo. They made a Social shooter, so quitting the game means quitting your friends too.

Feels bad, man.

WeTeHa

HM Kings Fall Raid 6PM EST. (PS4) Warpriest Challenge x3 and run more of the raid if everyone wants.

1. W193D0UT
2. Jafku
3. Nicodemic
4. BurritoBear
5. Pandora012 ?
J/K

Sign me up, I think I ran with you guys last time as well.

Deku Tree

I'll still help with raids if there are people looking but otherwise I'll be using the Unstable Method: reset raiding then don't play for a week.

edit: ...and Stabie isn't even reset raiding this week. RIP the dream. RIP in pieces.

When Driz is out, then you know the game is Ded, Dead even. Hope you and a lot of the DGAFFERS come back whenever there is new content!

I was saying to Ruthless and ji66a just a minute ago that the problem with continuing to run HM KF vs the old raids is you only get stuff that you need to dismantle for legendary marks, and you have a 200 mark cap, and the only thing you can do with your legendary marks is buy legendary engrams and pray for a god roll. The old system with shards was actually good because you could keep collecting your shards and you knew that they would be worth something at the speaker, so it gave you some small motivation for continuing to run the old raids.

E92 M3

New friendships are the best part of Destiny.

ich00

Is anyone still around that has a cp? I finally got remote play to work on my tablet, so should be able to grab it.

Lnkn52

When Driz is out, then you know the game is Ded, Dead even. Hope you and a lot of the DGAFFERS come back whenever there is new content!

I was saying to Ruthless and ji66a just a minute ago that the problem with continuing to run HM KF vs the old raids is you only get stuff that you need to dismantle for legendary marks, and you have a 200 mark cap, and the only thing you can do with your legendary marks is buy legendary engrams and pray for a god roll. The old system with shards was actually good because you could keep collecting your shards and you knew that they would be worth something at the speaker, so it gave you some small motivation for continuing to run the old raids.

We truly know the game is ded when you leave.

LTWood12

Its like they looked at the Nightfalls during House of Wolves and asked "How can we make this less fun and have less variety? How about Sponge-Bob every 3 weeks with shitty modifiers."

We truly know the game is ded when you leave.

yep. I was there for the end too.

1. W193D0UT
2. Jafku
3. Nicodemic
4. BurritoBear
5. Pandora012 ?
J/K
6. WeTeHa

EDIT: Full

Yo Wiped, count me in as an alt if anyone drops on the 2nd or 3rd run; I was able to get my PS4 Hunter to 311 thanks to IB (320 Ghost hype!) but only managed a 319 Ghost on Xbox meaning I'm still 319.999 on there, sucks.

psylah

Got my Chaperone today. Now for the First Curse.

I wish First Curse was a Legendary secondary hand cannon, so that you could equip both.

Raven117

Bingo. They made a Social shooter, so quitting the game means quitting your friends too.

Feels bad, man.
I have a strange connection with blind raid groups that I've picked up over the course of Destiny. Crota HM (first night clear!), Kings Fall (first time to beat Oryx)...They are still on my friends list...Most have moved on to other games, but there is still a sense of accomplishment and fraternity. The "family pics" the not leaving the party right away and you hang out in the tower just to talk about how awesome that first clear was...That's the good stuff. That's what makes Destiny great. When you don't announce or release content, you do small little events...you completely take away that feeling. It just becomes a gear grind at that point. Which is fine...for awhile...

New friendships are the best part of Destiny.

Yes they are, but when no one is playing, you aren't getting that enjoyment.

I can forgive a lot about games that instill a sense of community either online, or just with a group of your IRL buddies who like to co-op. I can even forgive the state of Destiny that its in right now. But without knowing more about the future of Destiny (I knows its business related issues, I can understand that), I cant recommend it to anyone.

Ill come rushing back when they do.

Never forget Deep Impact either!

You're old too. Come, join us on the lounge chairs, where we can complain about young people

Dang it. For some reason I thought the day after Iron Banner ended was the day Crimson Doubles started.

Stupid Julian Calendar...

It sounds like you want to take the Limbo Express

Touch the Thorn inside of me, and I shall take you(And Deku) through a Crimson Journey

So I keep forgetting I need to reschedule the regular newbie raid time cause I joined a kickball league. The last two games were called on account of torrential rain so it slipped my mind. I'm gonna make it Wednesdays, at least for now.

To that end, here's a new image for the OT (whenever you get a chance Drizzay):

I'm also opening up the form now for this Wednesday's (2/3) King's Fall newbie raid. Click the image to sign up, 5 spots remaining for now.
Are more spots available for newbie KF?

It's really too bad that Bungie hasn't been able to live up to the promise of year One. This is such a great community so it is sad to see it fading away. Even though I've never been a prolific poster, I have enjoyed the discussions/arguments/rants of everyone.

I'll still be playing and trying to raid/Trials with you all whenever I get the time to commit.

Hoping for a 2x HM Totems-onward or Full Raid in about ~3hrs.

:DGAF bat sign:

I'll be up for it. Didn't see anyone respond to my post from several hours back so I went back to sleep.

OK, I'm home. Need to get some things done first.
We go in 30min if we can get a group.
Haven't played a raid with DGAF for A WHILE now. :/

Nami, if we can't find a group here, I can fill it with people from r/fireteams, if that's OK with you?

Nami, if we can't find a group here, I can fill it with people from r/fireteams, if that's OK with you?
I can do a run in about 30-45 mins. (Have a meeting in 15 but should hopefully be short).

PSN: Darknyss

Namikaze1

Fine with me. I'll be ready to go in 40 (currently making breakfast).

Deku Tree

I can do a run in about 30-45 mins. (Have a meeting in 15 but should hopefully be short).

PSN: Darknyss

Fine with me. I'll be ready to go in 40 (currently making breakfast).

Alrighty then, let's make it official:

2 x KF HM raid (full or from totems if we can get the CP somehow) w/ Warpriest CM.
Starting in ~17h CET / 11am EST / 8am PST

1. j0hnny_385
2. nami
3. Darknyss

I can do one run with you guys, if your OK with that.

Yeah pretty much. I've never played so little Destiny and yet even that small amount is too much. Such a weird feeling after being able to put so many hours into the game over nearly a year and a half. Frankly I'm amazed it had been so fun for so long. It deserves a ton of credit for that. But right now I can't find a fun relationship with the game. SBMM ruins non-Trials Crucible and I can't do the Trials tedium anymore: I get so bored which means I play bad which means I can't help people which means there's no point in playing. On the flip side, I've been having so much fun doing non-Destiny stuff which further highlights the disconnect.

After the high of TTK's release, I don't think anyone expected the game to fall this far this fast. It's only been <5 months, but the silence on future content updates has become a mega-elephant
megaphant
in the room. Destiny was supposed to be a "service," an ongoing investment beyond what even annualized franchises could offer. It's become impossible to defend that position now. Last year, I didn't appreciate how crucial TDB and HoW were to maintaining that feeling. You kept playing for the current thing and for anticipation of the next thing. But now the current thing has been thoroughly exhausted and there's no next thing.

The fanbase holds Bungie to unobtainable expectations, yet it still feels strange to be here. Even so, the fact that it feels so strange is a testament to what they've accomplished. I can't overstate how wonderful this game and this community have been in my life. But it feels like the only appropriate reaction for most long time players is to walk away for awhile.

great post, Drizzay!
I completely agree. We do hold Bungie on a very high pedestal, for some reason, despite how many times we've felt disappointed. I think it's due to the fact that what they did well, they did unbelievably well, and when they mess with it,
#NoFunAllowed
that is what enrages the community.

Nah, you weren't a factor driving me away in the slightest. None of the excellent people in this community have been a factor in that whatsoever. Just the opposite: all you marvelous people have been responsible for keeping me invested literally thousands of hours past what I otherwise would have played. It's truly been a blessing in my life for the last ~17 months. Hard to express online but just know that I'm always grateful for the relationships I've made here.

and i'm glad to know that PvP scrubs like myself didn't kill your appreciation for this game. it still saddens me though, recalling those halcyon times of 10 pages of friends playing Destiny...

;____;

Feels bad, man.

BrokeBackMtn.gif

am cry ;____;

Top Bottom