• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Axoman

Physics are too strong!

5AAPm7s.gif

phen0m24

[/QUOTE=rasengan1337;194042100]
Played (the other DGAF) with Saithan, Hawkian, deafmedal...

Destiny friends carry over for sure :)[/QUOTE]

apparently not in all cases...

>.>

<.<

kidding XD
ok, only mostly kidding

Ahhh I didn't see you playing dude! You can always jump in party bro

Highwind

Anyone else getting an error when running Heroric strikes? I've tried 4 times and got 4 errors after about 10 mins and get kicked out of desinty...

I was disconnected and reconnected in the same room when I ran it on m Titan today.

Any space for Warpriest CM I can jump in on?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I wish there was a way to check stats each week for Nightfall rewards.

Curious how many 298 ghosts get handed out each week.

Deku Tree

They did collect enough data on reddit a while back to compile a rough probability chart for each type of reward. The chance of getting a ghost was too high. I think it was at least 10%.

haha happened to me last night with Crucible weekly.

"I need 1 more weekly shaxx bounty... hmmm... need to complete a Control and Clash match and that's it, sure why not. 20 minutes later.... 290 something Ghost!"

Totally
not
worth it

What's up DGaf? How did the challenge modes work out? I've been going through a long list of Neflix/Amazon Instant TV shows and movies for the last few months, but I think it may be a good time to dip my toes back in and get my toons up to 320. Has the live team given us any more secrets like the Black Spindle? That was a lot of fun and a good glimpse into the possibilities of reusing old geometry. What's the best path to 320 right now? A couple of weeks of Hard Oryx?

Missed you guys.

What's up DGaf? How did the challenge modes work out? I've been going through a long list of Neflix/Amazon Instant TV shows and movies for the last few months, but I think it may be a good time to dip my toes back in and get my toons up to 320. Has the live team given us any more secrets like the Black Spindle? That was a lot of fun and a good glimpse into the possibilities of reusing old geometry. What's the best path to 320 right now? A couple of weeks of Hard Oryx?

Missed you guys.

Have you seen The expanse or Colony? Both are awesome shows and you should definitely check them out.

What's up DGaf? How did the challenge modes work out? I think it may be a good time to dip my toes back in and get my toons up to 320. Has the live team given us any more secrets like the Black Spindle? What's the best path to 320 right now? A couple of weeks of Hard Oryx?

Missed you guys.

He seems so happy. Should we tell him?

Challenge modes do give you 320 gear, but they won't give you 320 class items or ghosts. Need to do live events for those, one of which you've already missed. Even then, CM is very fickle and you probably won't get the drops you need. I've been doing them since week 1 and can't get the helmet. At all, much less 320. There's no more secrets, unless you mean secret changes to Skill Based Matchmaking which murdered the PvP Community.

Don't chase 320. Don't.

Zel3

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Destiny will get a paid expansion akin to the Dark Below this next march. The biggest since Taken King like Bungie said. Why? Because march 31st is the end of the financial year for the game industry. It's a landmark date for most publishers where they try to consolidate their profits and boost as much as possible their last bits of revenue to show good results in the annual report to the shareholders. Notice how march is pretty much always a crowded month for game releases.

And I don't think Bungie exist outside that industry cycle. I know there was a change of plan in the DLC releases and I think that plan changed a long time ago to the following: Taken King in september, 6 months later medium expansion and another 6 months later huge expansion with small events (microtransactions) throughout the whole year.

Now, why haven't we heard about it yet so close to march? Two things: marketing and underestimation. First, it look likes the fine folks at Bungie marketing like their unveiling close to release. Good or bad? They know better than me. But! And second, I do think they underestimate the negative impact on the community the lack of "advance" preview has.

So, we'll see if my theory holds up in the next few weeks. Until then, I want to keep playing with you guys and felt like sharing my thoughts on this reset day. Believe!

TL;DR: March Cabal raid hype!

The thought of a cabal focused expansions makes me so excited. Spaaaaaace mariiiinnnesssss. It's never going to happen. &#128528;

Have you seen The expanse or Colony? Both are awesome shows and you should definitely check them out.

I don't think either of those are on Netflix or Prime. I really liked Continuum and Dark Matter and I'm just about to wrap up SGU. I went into SGU knowing that it gets canceled, and I'm still sad about it, something about it just hits the right spot.

LTWood12

Missed you guys.

Good to see you Private! 320 is not something specifically worth chasing, but most of us have been in lieu of anything else meaningful to chase. Challenge modes are a source of:

320 Primaries (Oryx CM Drop)
320 Heavies (WP CM Drop)
320 Sniper Rifle (WP CM Drop, NOT fusion rifle or Shotgun)
320 Helmets (Oryx CM Drop)
320 Gauntlets, Chest, Boots (Golgoroth CM)
320 Artifacts (Guaranteed drop for completing any challenge mode)

For those of us that have been running challenge mode weekly, and aren't 320, we're almost assuredly missing either a 320 ghost, class item, or both. Getting either of those is still dependent on the regular HM RNG, or doing something like SRL (class item) or Crimson Doubles (ghost).

The fun to be had is just from playing with all the nice folks here. Most of us have the challenges on farm, so if you ever need help w/ one shoot me an invite. My regular group usually does it Tuesday nights, though this week we're doing it Friday night.

WipedOut

He seems so happy. Should we tell him?

Challenge modes do give you 320 gear, but they won't give you 320 class items or ghosts. Need to do live events for those, one of which you've already missed. Even then, CM is very fickle and you probably won't get the drops you need. I've been doing them since week 1 and can't get the helmet. At all, much less 320. There's no more secrets, unless you mean secret changes to Skill Based Matchmaking which murdered the PvP Community.

Don't chase 320. Don't.

Between two platforms and countless hours of SRL I have yet to receive 1 320 Helmet. Last week I did 5 Oryx CM last week, all 5 were 320 Primaries.

Top Bottom