• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Is anyone still around that has a cp? I finally got remote play to work on my tablet, so should be able to grab it.

what is this infernal sorcery?

edit: ToP

this is how I feel right now...
bungie, give it back
dem Destiny highs!!!!
xlnD8sWgnBBja.gif

Agent

I haven't played Destiny in over two weeks now. If you're finding yourself frustrated or bored with the game I highly recommend stepping away. I honestly haven't missed the game, but do miss playing with the many great people I've connected with by playing it. It's not easy to step off the treadmill when you're so invested (I'm at 1282 hours played), but taking a break and playing other games has been fantastic.

I've been playing Call of Duty Black Ops III, and with the new maps out today I'm sure I won't be back to Destiny anytime soon. I may login if there is any Grimoire for the Crimson Doubles (hey, I need to increase my 4860 score). I will be the first back in line though when there is some actual new content. For now, there are too many fun games out there to get burned out and annoyed on one game.

Namikaze1

Just 28 more jackolyte lanterns to go...

And just four flight of shadows left.

Trying to get rid of these damn things. Keep taking up space in the inventory. If only Bungie would let us completely dismantle them all in one go.

Does anyone still have Y1 weapons and gear in their vault? I have a bunch of raid weapons and armor mostly, a few Y1 weapons I decided to hold onto for some reason (Thorn FTW). Then I have this little problem:

4530VeJ.png

Since the cloaks are all pretty much useless to me besides cosmetics I'm thinking of dismantling the whole lot. I need space! But I may keep some for nostalgia sake and maybe the minuscule hope that we'll be able to infuse Y1 class items one day (yeah right).

ich00

what is this infernal sorcery?

My vita doesn't like the WiFi at my job, however my android tablet does. It needs to be rooted and such but you can download the apk file and just install it. It works really well, plus if I was so inclined I could hook up my dualshock 4 too and play on some 7 inch screen goodness!

Does anyone still have Y1 weapons and gear in their vault? I have a bunch of raid weapons and armor mostly, a few Y1 weapons I decided to hold onto for some reason (Thorn FTW). Then I have this little problem:

4530VeJ.png

Since the cloaks are all pretty much useless to me besides cosmetics I'm thinking of dismantling the whole lot. I need space! But I may keep some for nostalgia sake and maybe the minuscule hope that we'll be able to infuse Y1 class items one day (yeah right).

I have the Class items from all my characters for the Year 1 raids. For my Titan, I have my favorite class items and I've kept my Hunter Level 1 scarf.

And I have full suits of Raid armor for my Titan.

I've kept all the VoG weapons. I finally said goodbye to Crota's End weapons (except Blackhammer).

E92 M3

4530VeJ.png

Yep, it takes up a decent amount of space, but I won't dismantle.

maomaoIYP

4530VeJ.png

The year 1 scarfs are gorgeous. Unfortunately I've dismantled everything except the raid class items and a couple of year 1 weapons for memories' sake.

Axoman

IB rank 5 rewards for me.

318 hand cannon
316 side arm
315 Titan mark

Not a fan of rift, it's so frustrating with randoms or matching up against full fireteams.

Anyone else experience a weird slowdown on Frontier when around the center bridge? It felt like framerate was really slow with a lot of input lag regardless if there was much action going on or not. I didn't start experiencing it until Saturday night and happened again last night.

Man, this Nightfall seems like another "No Fun Allowed" style with the modifiers.

Anyone know what the two PvP playlists are this week?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Inferno Control and Inferno Rumble. bleh...

Nicodemic

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Destiny will get a paid expansion akin to the Dark Below this next march. The biggest since Taken King like Bungie said. Why? Because march 31st is the end of the financial year for the game industry. It's a landmark date for most publishers where they try to consolidate their profits and boost as much as possible their last bits of revenue to show good results in the annual report to the shareholders. Notice how march is pretty much always a crowded month for game releases.

And I don't think Bungie exist outside that industry cycle. I know there was a change of plan in the DLC releases and I think that plan changed a long time ago to the following: Taken King in september, 6 months later medium expansion and another 6 months later huge expansion with small events (microtransactions) throughout the whole year.

Now, why haven't we heard about it yet so close to march? Two things: marketing and underestimation. First, it look likes the fine folks at Bungie marketing like their unveiling close to release. Good or bad? They know better than me. But! And second, I do think they underestimate the negative impact on the community the lack of "advance" preview has.

So, we'll see if my theory holds up in the next few weeks. Until then, I want to keep playing with you guys and felt like sharing my thoughts on this reset day. Believe!

TL;DR: March Cabal raid hype!

maomaoIYP

Remember when class items changed with shaders?

http://ell.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/01/54a78a9754dec_-_cryinggifs_01_1.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I do. ;_;
I really wished that class items were purely cosmetic, they injected so much life into the characters, especially for hunters.

Jafku

The more I think about it, the more I'm convince Destiny will get a paid expansion akin to the Dark Below this next march. The biggest since Taken King like Bungie said. Why? Because march 31st is the end of the financial year for the game industry. It's a landmark date for most publishers where they try to consolidate their profits and boost as much as possible their last bits of revenue to show good results in the annual report to the shareholders. Notice how march is pretty much always a crowded month for game releases.

And I don't think Bungie exist outside that industry cycle. I know there was a change of plan in the DLC releases and I think that plan changed a long time ago to the following: Taken King in september, 6 months later medium expansion and another 6 months later huge expansion with small events (microtransactions) throughout the whole year.

Now, why haven't we heard about it yet so close to march? Two things: marketing and underestimation. First, it look likes the fine folks at Bungie marketing like their unveiling close to release. Good or bad? They know better than me. But! And second, I do think they underestimate the negative impact on the community the lack of "advance" preview has.

So, we'll see if my theory holds up in the next few weeks. Until then, I want to keep playing with you guys and felt like sharing my thoughts on this reset day. Believe!

I don't know man. March is cutting it pretty close
edit: Thanks again Darknyss

GhaleonEB

I'm quite disappointed Crimson Days really is going to be PvP focused on the 2v2 playlist. I thought that was going to be a side dish on the wider Crimson Days festivity, but as described it's something I'll sit out. Seems like mode with a very narrow appeal: PvP, only 2v2, and no partner matchmaking (if I understood the BWU correctly). Very odd.

Destiny needs new content to bring players back, but the first event of the year is super narrowly targeted. Hope the next one is both PvE focused, and adds permanent content rather than an event. I'll be in The Witness and backlog until the next thing drops.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Destiny will get a paid expansion akin to the Dark Below this next march.

Nope. Next paid content is the big one this fall, assuming it lands. It takes Bungie a pretty long time to change their roadmap and content pipeline. The drought right now is because of the pivot they made a long while back to the new microtransaction model. There's just not enough time for another pivot, and they wouldn't go back to one that was breaking the studio.

I do hope the next update is pretty meaty, though. Destiny needs it.

Trakan

the fine folks at Bungie marketing like their unveiling close to release.

When have they done that?

Vanilla was announced years in advance, TDB/HoW was announced super early as season pass content, and TTK was announced at least three months early at E3.

Deku Tree

I'm quite disappointed Crimson Days really is going to be PvP focused on the 2v2 playlist. I thought that was going to be a side dish on the wider Crimson Days festivity, but as described it's something I'll sit out. Seems like mode with a very narrow appeal: PvP, only 2v2, and no partner matchmaking (if I understood the BWU correctly). Very odd.

Destiny needs new content to bring players back, but the first event of the year is super narrowly targeted. Hope the next one is both PvE focused, and adds permanent content rather than an event. I'll be in The Witness and backlog until the next thing drops.

Nope. Next paid content is the big one this fall, assuming it lands.

I really doubt Bungie and activision will drop a large free content infusion that has PvE stuff. PvE has to be paid with money not MTs.

It strikes me that the PvP stuff is much cheaper to produce and that's why they're sticking to free PvP events.

Trakan

I really doubt Bungie and activision will drop a large free content infusion that has PvE stuff. PvE has to be paid with money not MTs.

It strikes me that the PvP stuff is much cheaper to produce and that's why they're sticking to free PvP events.

They could easily do a PVE event like the original Queen's Wrath that leads to new guns/armor on the scale of Festival of the Lost or Crimson Days.

Raven117

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Destiny will get a paid expansion akin to the Dark Below this next march. The biggest since Taken King like Bungie said. Why? Because march 31st is the end of the financial year for the game industry. It's a landmark date for most publishers where they try to consolidate their profits and boost as much as possible their last bits of revenue to show good results in the annual report to the shareholders. Notice how march is pretty much always a crowded month for game releases.

Oh bro...I appreciate your optimism, but it's not looking good.

GhaleonEB

To be clear, I don't expect long term PvE content to drop. I'd just like some, since that's what I play. :lol

Destiny is going to be a graveyard come the next expansion if they stick to PvP updates until the next expansion. I hope at the least that the events they come up with are more expansive than PvP.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
Anyone else getting an error when running Heroric strikes? I've tried 4 times and got 4 errors after about 10 mins and get kicked out of desinty...

Lnkn52

It's hard to win. PvP players complained that the expansions were too PvE focused last year.

This year, PvE players complain that there isn't no new content for them. Bungie feels lost. no sense of direction during this first half.

Ryck

My vita doesn't like the WiFi at my job, however my android tablet does. It needs to be rooted and such but you can download the apk file and just install it. It works really well, plus if I was so inclined I could hook up my dualshock 4 too and play on some 7 inch screen goodness!
does Sony make a tablet for this or is it vita/pstv or younhave to root?

To be clear, I don't expect long term PvE content to drop. I'd just like some, since that's what I play. :lol

Destiny is going to be a graveyard come the next expansion if they stick to PvP updates until the next expansion. I hope at the least that the events they come up with are more expansive than PvP.

What Im hoping for is simply a 'level up' of the old raids and arenas. Something else to do than the Oryx raid.

The year 1 scarfs are gorgeous. Unfortunately I've dismantled everything except the raid class items and a couple of year 1 weapons for memories' sake.

I dismantled everything except my dead orbit year 1 cloak. Not even with them any more (got to rank 32 and then switched to new monarchy). Gotta rep Dead Orbit somehow

It's hard to win. PvP players complained that the expansions were too PvE focused last year.

This year, PvE players complain that there isn't no new content for them. Bungie feels lost. no sense of direction during this first half.

Without 2 teams devoted to each side of the coin, it's going to be hard for them to win. I feel that Bungie needs to understand that some people prefer one side over the other. As I understand it, they're really only functioning with the live team at the moment, right?

Axoman

What Im hoping for is simply a 'level up' of the old raids and arenas. Something else to do than the Oryx raid.

That would be neat. Even just adding rotating Challenge modes to them.

I'd love for Skolas to be relevant again, to fight him with the new classes.

I'd love to have all strikes, taken versions or not, available for both Nightfall and Weekly playlist.

I'd love to have all PVP maps available, instead of limiting them to the current rotations.

Even outside of updated year 1 raids, there is still a lot of content that's not being utilized.

Top Bottom