• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Deku Tree

Honestly, I think it was really nice of the 13 Devils to not enter the tournament and did all the the competing teams a favor. I mean, what is the point of watching a tournament if you know who the clear winners are going to be.

Mad respect for them.

I honestly think that your being totally serious in your post. I don't detect any sarcasm at all. I completely agree 100%. GG 13devs.

Got the Y2 IB ship on my last match of the day after rockin' a 0.44 KD! Working as intended!

Off for weekend Birthday festivities! See you on the other side at 31 DGAF!

Daemul

What the fuck was Extreme doing in that last match pushing when his team had the lead with 40 seconds left?
KuGsj.gif

This fucking guy, letting us Brits down. We ain't all like him guys, just letting you know.
zWVbK.gif

EL CUCO

Honestly, I think it was really nice of the 13 Devils to not enter the tournament and did all the the competing teams a favor. I mean, what is the point of watching a tournament if you know who the clear winners are going to be.

Mad respect for them.
JpA4eGY.jpg

He lost his cool because Extreme was an idiot tbh, but War always calms himself down for the next game.

Yea it took a few minutes into this one but his other 2 teammates are quiet as heck this game.

EDIT: They might have turned off voice share for some reason, lol weird.

Wouldn't you have died before reaching cover if connections were normal? He was hard scoping you there.

That's just lag and aim assist, he shot you a second earlier but you died behind the box. Happens a lot.

Also watch out, some of those boxes have a tiny slot through which they can snipe you while being behind cover.

I'd honestly rather have been killed when I should have been as opposed to what happened. The result isn't what bothers me so much as the fact that bad connections lead to such extreme situations like this. It's unacceptable.

What the fuck was Extreme doing in that last match pushing when his team had the lead with 40 seconds left?
KuGsj.gif

This fucking guy, letting us Brits down. We ain't all like him guys, just letting you know.
zWVbK.gif

He's a typical moody british teenager :d If they communicate they'll win this

Edit i've got a great lag video i'll upload tomorrow where I punched someone through a wall, they went out the other side and died :D

recks

Mad respect for them.
Pretty sure if they entered there would be no tournament. Don't know a single team that would accept playing against them.

After that Win Dusty gave WaR "Praedyth's Revenge" hahaha that was pretty funny.

And randomly giving him MIDA on Widow's when he couldn't do anything with TLW.

Best part of the stream so far.

Deku Tree

Loads play them in pick ups and they generally get beat

It was in year 1 (when Nghtly and ZL were playing a lot), but the 13devs played (Nghtly, ZL, and FarNorthLegend) against Triple and two iAM guys and lost 4-1 (then they played an extra game to make it 4-2 but it was first to four games). Triple was calling him FarNorthLagging. The matches were mostly pretty close.

Nghtly kept trying to snipe so Triple's team would just rush and take them out with shotguns.

It was in year 1 (when Nghtly and ZL were playing a lot), but the 13devs played (Nghtly, ZL, and FarNorthLegend) against Triple and two iAM guys and lost 4-1 (then they played an extra game to make it 4-2 but it was first to four games). Triple was calling him FarNorthLagging. The matches were mostly pretty close.

Nghtly kept trying to snipe so Triple's team would just rush and take them out with shotguns.

Oh yea I remember that. Then when they started to get their chemistry going then iAM backed out I think when it was 3-4 IIRC

Triple and his team were all using Thorns and Devils refused to use it. I don' get why Thorn isn't banned from sweaties?

ocean

Banned
they're good but theres much better players out there. War, Gabe and Poshy would pretty much wipe the floor with anyone
I miss the days when War would spend all day every day playing sweats. PvP glory days.

Twitch chat running joke used to be War went out for lunch with his Xbox a cellphone hotspot and a small monitor in case somebody wanted to sweat while he was away

I still don't understand how they can do tournaments with a game that is super laggy and have a LOT of over powered weapons.

But that's just me.

Daemul

I miss the days when War would spend all day every day playing sweats. PvP glory days.

I agree man. So many good PvP players have just stopped playing the game over the past 5-6 months(Smite was one of the major reasons for this believe it or not :p), the likes of War are keeping the scene alive and some big tournaments take place from time to time, but it just isn't the same.

I'm even finding myself missing ShesMyNerd ffs(though I think he still plays Destiny from time to time), people may have had their issues with him, but it was damn fun to watch him and War "Warlock" before it was cool, now we got bandwagoners throwing Firebolts everywhere.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've gotten a few weapons recently (might be snipers only) where the visual for the scope doesn't match the name and description.

I just infused a bunch of weapons into an IB sniper that lists Viewtac as one of the choices and it's actually a Longview scope.

So what do I have? The Viewtac stats and characteristics or a Longview that is mislabeled?

the_id

Got the Y2 IB ship on my last match of the day after rockin' a 0.44 KD! Working as intended!

Off for weekend Birthday festivities! See you on the other side at 31 DGAF!
Is it your birthday Ape? If so happy birthday. Hope you get another man-apron Don't die
because I need a carry to mercury

I agree man. So many good PvP players have just stopped playing the game over the past 5-6 months(Smite was one of the major reasons for this believe it or not :p), the likes of War are keeping the scene alive and some big tournaments take place from time to time, but it just isn't the same.

I'm even finding myself missing ShesMyNerd ffs, people may have had their issues with him, but it was damn fun to watch him and War Warlock before it was cool.

I love that nerd video where he boots his team mate mid trials match :d it also annoys me that Bungie haven't even acknowledged the existence of these tournaments. If goth and Broman organised one they'd be all over it

EL CUCO

I love that nerd video where he boots his team mate mid trials match :d it also annoys me that Bungie haven't even acknowledged the existence of these tournaments. If goth and Broman organised one they'd be all over it
They dont acknowledge it because it highlights how ridiculous it is for Destiny not to have custom matches.

Ryck

Wow I hit rank five today and the package dropped a 320 Haakon's Hatchet with spray n play, small bore and glass half full.

I'm super happy right now.

They dont acknowledge it because it highlights how ridiculous it is for Destiny not to have custom matches.

That and its to competitive for them Edit watching ramblinn's stream and it's painful with them not having Yr1 weapons, they're getting rekt by Thorn and Matadors/Felwinters, so they probably don't want that highlighted either

Wow I hit rank five today and the package dropped a 320 Haakon's Hatchet with spray n play, small bore and glass half full.

I'm super happy right now.

I had one from rank 5 as well with rodeo, rifled barrel and hidden hand. I thought it would be beast mode, then I tried it out :(

What are the most ideal perks for W March?

Shortgaze, rifled/reinforced barrel and hidden hand

Sweaty ass first game, lost second game, sweaty ass third game, then every match was easy on the way to Grave's 4th Mercury. It can happen even in Year 2, although final boss was a little sweaty with Mudder Beach Party clanmate apparently doing a carry. Thanks again for the GGs Falifax and Igor! You guys are da real MVPs.

Also thanks for finishing up that one bonus game to officially get my Hunter there after the disconnect earlier today. That 5-4 final boss hype was real.

Thank you, I have one with all this perks (rifled).

P.S. how's the guerrilla fighter perk? Seems like a lot going on for going behind cover.

Guerilla fighter is great for laughing at, terrible for using while playing Destiny. Nobody uses the "cover system" in this game for good reason. Lots of people don't even know it exists.

There's also that... don't know what it looks like on the other end. So despite instant ducking down by letting go of aiming, it's pretty much situational?

Yeah, super duper situational. The issue is that you have to find a proper ~chest-high wall to even engage the cover system and then it forces you to peak from the same spot each time. Peak from a spot, fall behind cover, peak up from the same spot, fall behind the same cover. One of the first rules for sniping is to not keep challenging the same exact spot. If you miss a shot or two then you need to move and get a different angle, otherwise you will be easy picking for whoever you're engaging. The various stat boosts won't be relevant when you're dead because your positioning was too static.

Top Bottom