• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Where on the meter was that dark day?

Hmm that was pretty legit rage. Easily a 9, maybe 9.5 on that particular round. The thing that makes me rage most is not being able to help people, especially if it's due to me scrubbing, laggy nonsense and/or scrubby teamwork. That run checked all the boxes, haha.

ocean

Banned
I know bannerfall has a lot of hate, but it brings back good memories, like how a no expectations run turned into my first year 2 flawless with ocean and fali, that felt great and it was funny how ocean would would say "I'm carrying you guys with my pro callouts and revives" haha that was great. I hate that map but I kind of love it just because of that memory.
Lol that was a super cool card. I remember racking up wins and we'd be joking like Mercury here we come!! And then we actually did make it. You and Fali are both absolutely top tier- great skill but also super chill and relaxed no matter how sweaty the matches are.

That said, we wouldn't have made it without my pro mode callouts (while dead, which was often) :p

Hype and Astdroid are amazingly good. Paired with ZL (who apparently doesn't play anymore) instead of Nghtly I could see them going far in a tourney

Maybe, but I'd hope that by this point this nonsense that nobody will play them has been put to rest. It has always been puffery.

War's stream quality goes to hell when he's on the PS4.

Seems to be a PS4 thing as a few other streamers who use it have potato streams

Hype and Astdroid are amazingly good. Paired with ZL (who apparently doesn't play anymore) instead of Nghtly I could see them going far in a tourney

I've only watched Astdroid a few times but he seems pretty chilled and hype is a monster

War is up against nKuch

http://www.twitch.tv/warbulletproof

Kyoufu

An ultra sweaty W with no lag = holy grail

If I wanted to play sweaty games I'd either play trials or play sweaties (which I'm not good enough for anyway).

I just want to log in, play a 6v6 mode and have fun. IB was never this sweaty in Y1.

Not even good players like triplewreck want to play sweaty 6v6 games.

I want to have fun as a casual but this game isn't letting me.

Dthomp

Super fun times last night playing Trials with Tacoz and Burritos, at least until our 7-0 card got wrecked :)

Worst part is going the whole time wishing I had fast revive, and not realizing it was on sale from Xur :( All kinds of fail

I did get a Full Auto Inwarp Lamp that looks pretty legit

Yo Drizz, I'd be happy to help if you need to get Grave's account to the Lighthouse.

Many thanks for the offer buddy! I've gotten each of his characters to a Y2 flawless already so it's not necessary, but if you want to run a card or two sometime this week I could always use more loot for his account. He got a Counterbalance Doctrine last week that I've already infused up to 320 :p

Lol neither War or Nkuch have finished their series.

Frostbolt is wrecking fools so far today. Had 28 kills one game, just had 24 with a 2.0.
http://www.twitch.tv/ifrostbolt

Super fun times last night playing Trials with Tacoz and Burritos, at least until our 7-0 card got wrecked :)

Worst part is going the whole time wishing I had fast revive, and not realizing it was on sale from Xur :( All kinds of fail

I did get a Full Auto Inwarp Lamp that looks pretty legit

Full auto is a standard perk on the Inward Lamp, what was the last/far right perk? It can roll with Outlaw, Zen Moment, Hidden Hand or Third Eye. Trials and raid weapons are the same: the last perk can roll with 4 possible perks, all the other perks and the scopes are standard.

Falifax

Many thanks for the offer buddy! I've gotten each of his characters to a Y2 flawless already so it's not necessary, but if you want to run a card or two sometime this week I could always use more loot for his account. He got a Counterbalance Doctrine last week that I've already infused up to 320 :p

I can run a couple right now, just give me a call on PSN or Steam.

Kyoufu

Bungie claims the new matchmaking settings from Control have been implemented for IB Clash, but I'm not feeling it at all.

Either all the casual players ditched Destiny or their settings aren't doing what they intended.

And I'd love a freelance IB mode. Playing solo against fireteams can be rough.

ocean

Banned
Maybe, but I'd hope that by this point this nonsense that nobody will play them has been put to rest. It has always been puffery.
Lol I don't think that's been a thing since the super early days of PS4 sweats before groups were really organized. A lot of people just randomly messaged similarly ranked players (off DTR) for a bizarre kind of sweaty LFG. After a while most of the sweaty kids were on each others' friend lists and would randomly invite each other and form teams to sweat. They would obviously be at a disadvantage against teams used to practicing together, like 13Dev (and of which there were few back then, on PS4). Tons of sweaty kids but few fixed groups basically.

Nowadays? They have almost zero presence in the sweat scene. Hype sweats tons but doesn't have a fixed team of 3 to verse others with AFAIK

Bungie claims the new matchmaking settings from Control have been implemented for IB Clash, but I'm not feeling it at all.

Either all the casual players ditched Destiny or their settings aren't doing what they intended.

And I'd love a freelance IB mode. Playing solo against fireteams can be rough.

When, they said no such thing..

Deku Tree

It's sweaty in IB Clash because only the sweaty players are left. No more casuals to abuse.

This is why Bungie implemented stronger SBMM to help the rare causal bad players find each other so they don't get destroyed every match by the sweaties.

WipedOut

Bought a new tv for the bedroom, went with a Sony 4K Bravia 43", can't wait to see how Destiny looks, supposedly can stream PS4 games to it.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/193362133/0/0

I'm seriously calling bullshit on this because I've never played sweatier games in my life.

Wow that's a bunch of crap, last 2 days have been nothing but red/yellow bars and the red bars always winning. Connection based my arse. Damage control hurts green bars.

I was matched up against players from Philipines, Malayasia, Singapore and Hawaii ffs.

Whose twitch stream should I watch?

War. Better players, better team work and not all 3 are using Thorn unlike the rest of the teams.

Considering War's stream looks like ass, I'm watching Frostbolt's stream...best Titan in the game ;)

lol best titan who fell off the map twice? ya rite :p

Wow that's a bunch of crap, last 2 days have been nothing but red/yellow bars and the red bars always winning. Connection based my arse.

I was matched up against players from Philipines, Malayasia, Singapore and Hawaii ffs.

Control has been shit connection wise since they started fiddling with it again. they need to roll it all back (which wasn't perfect but miles better than this clusterfuck we have) then start afresh

milkham

Wow that's a bunch of crap, last 2 days have been nothing but red/yellow bars and the red bars always winning. Connection based my arse.

I was about to say I haven't encountered much lag or red bar guys but one of those iron banner days was with neo's netduma rejecting people in africa and south america

FyreWulff

Clash just seems slower overall due to the fact you don't have control points dictating traffic and amplifying rout runs. Score gaps don't mean as much (IMO)

Highwind

Anyone doing trials got room for a scrub? I would like to atleast get the helmets on warlock and titan.

Or are ib trains running that I can hop on?

MildSoss

Honestly, I think it was really nice of the 13 Devils to not enter the tournament and did all the the competing teams a favor. I mean, what is the point of watching a tournament if you know who the clear winners are going to be.

Mad respect for them.

Top Bottom