• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Loadouts
Custom games

Those 2 things should be super easy to implement. Loadouts even more so, and those 2 things alone would go A LONG ways.

Also, fix the step shade glitch by deactivating the ability to pop out your ghost during Shadestep.

the_id

Loadouts
Custom games

Those 2 things should be super easy to implement. Loadouts even more so, and those 2 things alone would go A LONG ways.

Also, fix the step shade glitch by deactivating the ability to pop out your ghost during Shadestep.
Do you mean Loadouts like what they have in COD?

custom games is what I want as well, especially with DGAF. Right now I'm playing with crucible radio community to do more PVP but its just not the same.

custom games is what I want as well, especially with DGAF. Right now I'm playing with crucible radio community to do more PVP but its just not the same.

Yea, pretty much but with gear also.

I can have my PvP int/disc sniper builds, disc/str sniper, disc/str shotgun, and int/str sniper, for each class. And PvE loadouts.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Loadouts
Custom games

What is this shadestep/ghost glitch?

I'd be up for some over the weekend for UK>AUS might be a bit painful (i've played against Ruthless in 3v3s and its not good :d)

What is this shadestep/ghost glitch?

Shadestep then pull out your ghost then jump. On your screen shade step stops and you can shoot someone, on there screen your still shade stepping but being shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dz0_xGqKRs

After playing Division today and getting booted twice, one of it was during a mission (like a strike) and at the final boss. When I logged back in and picked my character essentially, it put me right back in with my friends at the boss, immediately. I didn't have to do anything and it connected fairly quickly. I was very impressed with that.

That should happen for anything you get error'd out of in Destiny, Trials and strikes etc.

the_id

I'd be up for some over the weekend for UK>AUS might be a bit painful (i've played against Ruthless in 3v3s and its not good :d)

Shadestep then pull out your ghost then jump. On your screen shade step stops and you can shoot someone, on there screen your still shade stepping but being shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dz0_xGqKRs

yeah bro! I'm keen. I don't know how you managed to get Ruthless on in matchmaking considering you're about 18,000Km from him. It'll be good fun though playing against each other. See if there are other people still keen on playing.

yeah bro! I'm keen. I don't know how you managed to get Ruthless on in matchmaking considering you're about 18,000Km from him. It'll be good fun though playing against each other. See if there are other people still keen on playing.

You only need the two fireteam leaders to be geographically close together. Let's see by the weekend whose permanently lost to the division. I'm guessing Feetie would be up for some hot 3v3

GlamFM

Banned
My main concern after playing the Beta was that unlike Destiny the core gameplay is not fun enough to play it over and over again.

My main concern after playing the Beta was that unlike Destiny the core gameplay is not fun enough to play it over and over again.

That's what is holding me back at the minute. Even with a content drought I can play destiny because the gun play is fun. The division would not be able to do that for me during content droughts.

Just like Assassins Creed, Far cry and other ubisoft games, it's padded with super repetitive, bland side missions and collectibles. The main missions are pretty good though.

GlamFM

Banned
That's what is holding me back at the minute. Even with a content drought I can play destiny because the gun play is fun. The division would not be able to do that for me during content droughts.

Yep. That´s OK though. There are other things to play right now. I´ll be back for the Spring Update. Can´t wait to play Destiny with DGAF again!

So how does DGAF like The Devision so far?

Feel like I made the right decision not to jump in.
Compaered to Destiny? Feels slow and combersome. Had 2 glitches already in 1 hours play. First could not register on the beginning of the game, then one of the enemies got stuck in the geometry. Both hard reboots.

Gunplay is meh.

Lets see how it goes from here

maomaoIYP

Dadder than dad.
CdGowOEUkAE1FfR.jpg:large

Drizz and i met someone abusing that glitch in trials AND he was lagging like crazy. The game didnt even know how to handle it. It fucked up the animation and he just teleported.

WipedOut

Compaered to Destiny? Feels slow and combersome. Had 2 glitches already in 1 hours play. First could not register on the beginning of the game, then one of the enemies got stuck in the geometry. Both hard reboots.

Gunplay is meh.

Lets see how it goes from here
Is it fun? Kinda, is it a destiny killer? No. Is it a destiny filler until new content drops? Absolutely.

I agree with the slow and cumbersome but then again people tend to forget this is a Tatical shooter, plays very much like ghost recon. I had fun in a fireteam last night. But not sure how long this game will hold me like Destiny has.

My first impression is really positive. Like everything about it so far.
Gorgeous scenery & GUI.
Handling, movement & shooting is soooo smooth. <3
Hope end game's good, too.

Well, today we are officially halfway (6 months) into Y2. What a colossal disappointment thus far. TTK gave us so much hope.

Y3 will probably be even worse considering the Fall DLC likely won't be as large and the 'A-Team' will be busy working on Destiny 2.

Is it fun? Kinda, is it a destiny killer? No. Is it a destiny filler until new content drops? Absolutely.

I agree with the slow and cumbersome but then again people tend to forget this is a Tatical shooter, plays very much like ghost recon. I had fun in a fireteam last night. But not sure how long this game will hold me like Destiny has.
Absolutely. I will play more, but it will take a bit of adjusting. The jumping was a bit odd at first. Cover is well done. AI seems a bit off at the moment, but im only getting started. It looks fun, not saying otherwise. Don't know how it's going to work on the long run tough

Deku Tree

Well, today we are officially halfway (6 months) into Y2. What a colossal disappointment thus far. TTK gave us so much hope.

Y3 will probably be even worse considering the Fall DLC likely won't be as large and the 'A-Team' will be busy working on Destiny 2.

Y2 has been very good IMO. Better than year 1. Just Bungie didn't give us a years worth of content, much much less. So a lot of people will be disappointed by that. Also they should fix a lot more stuff. I got way more than my $40 worth of TTK.

A while ago I stopped doing anything except raids and NFs, except for Doctrine ToO and some IB. Now I am thinking that it's time to completely put destiny down until there is more content. Might grind the Spring update, might not. Depends on what's in it.

WipedOut

Literally nothing has changed in the world during those 6 months. I mean at the very least they could have had weekly/monthly challenges. Introduced some of the older strikes back into the Weekly and NF playlists.

I mean at this point I would be happy with IB being a Bi-weekly event. At least it's fun to play with Gaffers. So much possibility, so little execution.

WeTeHa

With next weeks gunsmith test weapons I should finally be able to hit rank 3 on titan and warlock, then I can get all exotic weapons. About time.

PSN - HM KF Raid 9pm est - CM only

Pandora012
Jaf - Evil Incarnate
ThingontheFloor
milkham
Dreamgazer
DirtyAquaticApe

Edit: Full - Though we could use some alts, judging what happened yesterday.

Alts:
Shiv

Round 2 - If you are on the list and not coming, just send a message.

P.s. Playing the Division is not a good excuse.....

Y2 has been very good IMO. Better than year 1. Just Bungie didn't give us a years worth of content, much much less. So a lot of people will be disappointed by that. Also they should fix a lot more stuff. I got way more than my $40 worth of TTK.

A while ago I stopped doing anything except raids and NFs, except for Doctrine ToO and some IB. Now I am thinking that it's time to completely put destiny down until there is more content. Might grind the Spring update, might not. Depends on what's in it.
I got my money's worth as well. But I can't agree that Y2 > Y1.

The best thing that came out of TTK was the new subclasses. The light & infusion system, extremely low drop rates, NF changes, armor XP, etc all made the game worse IMO.

LTWood12

Whoever picks the gunsmith weapons at Bungie every week must have a massive orgasm every time the Gunsmith shows up with Strongbow and Uzume. That's the only legitimate reason I can think of as to why they take up two of the five slots almost every week.

WipedOut

I got my money's worth as well. But I can't agree that Y2 > Y1.

The best thing that came out of TTK was the new subclasses. The light & infusion system, extremely low drop rates, NF changes, armor XP, etc all made the game worse IMO.

I agree 100% - New Subclasses made Y1 content extremely fun.

Now with that being said. All Y2 weapons and armor pale in comparison to Y1. I miss the chase for Y1 exotics, VoG weapons and Nightfalls felt more challenging. Like Y2 weapons they are just very boring now.

While I do love Digimon, even that is not a good enough excuse. The time for that ended, unfortunately.

Forever will I remember the failed attempts because of Digimon.

Jafku

PSN - HM KF Raid 9pm est - CM only

Pandora012
Jaf - Evil Incarnate
ThingontheFloor
milkham
Dreamgazer
DirtyAquaticApe

Edit: Full - Though we could use some alts, judging what happened yesterday.

Alts:

Round 2 - If you are on the list and not coming, just send a message.

P.s. Playing the Division is not a good excuse.....
Really? Evil incarnate? A bit dramatic

spyder_ur

I like it, but I wish I liked it a little more, if you know what I mean. While NYC is beautiful, the setting is a little samey for me, and I think that and the self-seriousness that comes from Clancy's name really limits the game's effectiveness. But I'm early. Hopefully the later weapons and skills are a little cooler, it's not really that great to find a slightly better SCar-H.

They need to fix the glitches and matchmaking ASAP.

Just like Assassins Creed, Far cry and other ubisoft games, it's padded with super repetitive, bland side missions and collectibles. The main missions are pretty good though.

Yeah, walking near the board and seeing 8 side missions pop up is overwhelming and not in a good way for me.

I got hard booted twice and missed end of mission rewards as a result.

I find the AI terrible generally. I agree that I was impressed with the 3 story missions I've done (not including the one from the first beta).

As for matchmaking, maybe you just had a tough time because of location, but I found everything from grabbing teammates for missions to hopping on your friend's locations pretty seamless and awesome.

GlamFM

Banned
I like it, but I wish I liked it a little more, if you know what I mean. While NYC is beautiful, the setting is a little samey for me, and I think that and the self-seriousness that comes from Clancy's name really limits the game's effectiveness. But I'm early. Hopefully the later weapons and skills are a little cooler, it's not really that great to find a slightly better SCar-H.

Yeah, walking near the board and seeing 8 side missions pop up is overwhelming and not in a good way for me.

I got hard booted twice and missed end of mission rewards as a result.

I find the AI terrible generally. I agree that I was impressed with the 3 story missions I've done (not including the one from the first beta).

As for matchmaking, maybe you just had a tough time because of location, but I found everything from grabbing teammates for missions to hopping on your friend's locations pretty seamless and awesome.

I really think I´m gonna skip it. Curious to see where the game is 2 weeks from now.

Lnkn52

One thing I love about The Division, is that I can stand in one spot and a bum will literally come up to me and offer me loot.

spyder_ur

I really think I´m gonna skip it. Curious to see where the game is 2 weeks from now.

For me, I just can't imagine with the enemy types, setting, AI, etc., how they're going to make encounters that are interesting enough for me to want to do more than once or twice. In Destiny that stuff was at least tolerable, if not always fun, because shooting and perhaps more importantly moving feels so good.

After the shift in shooters in recent years to prioritize freedom of player movement (Uncharted, TitanFall, Destiny, etc.), it feels weird to play such a ground based game, especially since you spend a ton of time just running around the empty city. I find the controls and cover system clunky in general.

I think the better question is where it is in a month. I don't hate it or anything, just healthy skepticism.

One thing I love about The Division, is that I can stand in one spot and a bum will literally come up to me and offer me loot.

In the snow I walked up to a clearly starving, if not ill, woman. Gave her a soda. She gave me back her parka. Seems like a bad deal.

Top Bottom