• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Ah. The Division has done so much right. Might not be coming back to Destiny unless the next DLC really ups their game.

fWx327.gif

Mindlog

We still have two or three weeks left on this thread. No need to rush a new title.

I've watched a few streams. Happy to skip some games with Dark Souls 3, No Man's Sky and a bunch of great PC games to spend time with.

Really need to start Distant Worlds: Universe.

800 posts will probably come just out of random conversation from this community, I'd guess in about a week.

Thursday is BWU (or whatever they call it these days) so that'll create some talk.
Friday-Monday is Trials, so that usually creates some LFG.

Deku Tree

Ah. The Division has done so much right. Might not be coming back to Destiny unless the next DLC really ups their game.

Eh. I've gotten up to level 10 in the division. So far it's fun but it's no Destiny. Loot seems like a boring numbers chase. Doesn't appear to be any unique interesting weapons. Gunplay give very little benefit to skill. Seems to be all a DPS vs Bullet sponge numbers game. Enemy AI seems really really dumb. The main part of combat is just a damage scaling level grind numbers game. If your under leveled it's brutal. If your over leveled it's trivial. Environments are georgeous which is possible on an exclusively next gen game.

Eh. I've gotten up to level 10 in the division. So far it's fun but it's no Destiny. Loot seems like a boring numbers chase. Doesn't appear to be any unique interesting weapons. Gunplay give very little benefit to skill. Seems to be all a DPS vs Bullet sponge numbers game. Enemy AI seems really really dumb. The main part of combat is just a damage scaling level grind numbers game. If your under leveled it's brutal. If your over leveled it's trivial. Environments are georgeous which is possible on an exclusively next gen game.

thats basically what i felt about the demo.. it seems super cool at first but the content starts to get real thin

i haven't pulled the trigger on the game yet.. considering waiting a week or 2 and see where people stand with it then

i desperately want to play destiny again but i just can't :(

Bungie prior to Year 2 said that they are fine with this.

The question is: are you leaving happy?

Sounds like not really.

I realized today I can't remember the last time I played this game on my own (other than warming up before Trials). Anything is fun with friends. That's the low bar that Destiny is at.

Compared to Diablo....

PSN - HM KF Raid 9pm est - CM only

Pandora012
Jaf
ThingontheFloor
milkham
Dreamgazer

Alts:
Nicodemic - Confirmed traitor scrub
Gibb

We are full guys!

Also, i haven't seen drizzay in a while. Everybody panic so this OT ends super fast and then panic that drizz is not here to post the new one.

Simbo

Neo Member
I was farming omnigul yesterday in the director mission for a grasp. Of course, the drop rate is criminally bad.

My question is, had there been any evidence or consensus whether the drop rates are higher in heroic strikes as compared to strikes from the director? Has anyone determined if farming omnigul in the heroic strike is better?

I was wondering if some nerd on Reddit did a test or something that someone here knows about. If anyone has any insight, let me know.

I've been farming Omnigul exclusively for the past 2 weeks.

Level 16 (from the director) is a waste of time. Don't even bother. You are much better of putting your time into searching for Omnigul in the heroic playlist. It can be very frustrating as it takes firing up the heroic playlist and then immediately going back to orbit until it comes up.

However the drop rate is MUCH better. I had 8 drop in an hour session a few days ago. My fireteam as a whole saw just shy of 20.

The perfect roll still eludes me though so I'm still going at it!

2 hunters, 2 raze lighters and you are good to go.

chur

I've been farming Omnigul exclusively for the past 2 weeks.

Level 16 (from the director) is a waste of time. Don't even bother. You are much better of putting your time into searching for Omnigul in the heroic playlist. It can be very frustrating as it takes firing up the heroic playlist and then immediately going back to orbit until it comes up.

However the drop rate is MUCH better. I had 8 drop in an hour session a few days ago. My fireteam as a whole saw just shy of 20.

The perfect roll still eludes me though so I'm still going at it!

2 hunters, 2 raze lighters and you are good to go.

Looks like I'm going Omnigul farming this week.

I've really enjoyed the Division, the world feels alive and I just like how the guns feel in the game (even though I'm a minority). Already at Level 13, and have built a tank like build with shields and my health is the highest out of everyone I've talked too. The enemies feel different, and just love the graphics in the game.

So yeah I'm happy with the Division.

Deku Tree

I've really enjoyed the Division, the world feels alive and I just like how the guns feel in the game (even though I'm a minority). Already at Level 13, and have built a tank like build with shields and my health is the highest out of everyone I've talked too. The enemies feel different, and just love the graphics in the game.

So yeah I'm happy with the Division.

What did you do to level up besides the main story missions?

phen0m24

Drizzay

Mr. The Gap suggests the next OT be Back from the Grave in order to:

Hopefully act as a harbinger for new content
Honor the return of our formerly downed comrade Mr. Robber

:)

Long Division

A break for long division.

Gene is looking for a group of 3s to go against to practice sweats. ANyone want to group up? haha

WeTeHa

Thanks for the raid stuff today guys, it was awesome. Also thanks to Pandora for jumping in and suffering through the scrubbiness :D

Everyone that plays with me gets the good stuff. I'm jealous. You get a 320 class item, you get a 320 class item and a 320 ghost. Everybody gets 320 stuff!
except me

Mindlog

Nice to see you getting better GR =]

I need a macro to pleasantly give out instruction to poor Guardians not succeeding with Thalnok. "Please don't pick up the sword and spam light melee :["

Just to make sure I could still do it I soloed after failing with two groups of three :x
Then two more guardians showed up. I sneak up the back side of the platform and they had drawn mini-Crota to the front of the court where they both died. Still managed to Titan Skate all the way back down and kill it in one sword.
Do your stats increase as your LL increase? I'm trying to get max dis/str on my hunter with graviton (which is possible).
Yes. Higher light will increase the stat bonus on each weapon piece. +10/600 points is less than 320, but I'm not exactly sure by how much.

Zenyatta makes me wish that Warlocks were healers...

Right?

Bungie could learn from Overwatch. It's possible to make classes unique and have skills, whilst still being a shooter.

Like..imagine if Warlocks had a unique weapon type which were gauntlets, but they let you throw fire/void/arc balls? And then that'd open up another avenue of skills to associate with that.

Man. Overwatch is soooo good.

Top Bottom