• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Right?

Bungie could learn from Overwatch. It's possible to make classes unique and have skills, whilst still being a shooter.

Like..imagine if Warlocks had a unique weapon type which were gauntlets, but they let you throw fire/void/arc balls? And then that'd open up another avenue of skills to associate with that.

Man. Overwatch is soooo good.

Yeah, I always thought that the arc class for Warlocks would be a giant orb that would attack enemies with arc energy like a Witch Doctor of some sort, not some generic ass Palapatine.

Zenyatta makes me wish that Warlocks were healers...

Right?

Bungie could learn from Overwatch. It's possible to make classes unique and have skills, whilst still being a shooter.

Like..imagine if Warlocks had a unique weapon type which were gauntlets, but they let you throw fire/void/arc balls? And then that'd open up another avenue of skills to associate with that.

But seriously, the Destiny meta is so shallow and bland that a shake up and re-imagining is badly needed. Hopefully that's what will happen with extra year that Destiny 2 is getting.

Man. Overwatch is soooo good.

Yeah, I always thought that the arc class for Warlocks would be a giant orb that would attack enemies with arc energy like a Witch Doctor of some sort, not some generic ass Palapatine.

Would you people stop trying to buff Warlocks already?

Signed,

Friendly Titan

But seriously

Healers in trials? I would rage way too hard.

Warlocks can already self-rez and have an instant overshield on mêlée hit. :p

Trakan

Eventually they're going to have to branch out. I was kind of thinking the same as you, something like blinding bolt from DS2 for anyone who's played it.

The idea of a healer is kind of cool. I always liked Maya's phaselock in Borderlands 2 where you could use it to res a teammate from a far if spec'd to do so.

WHY CANT I BUY ARMOR MATERIALS!?!?

5250060463_e99a6621ee_o.gif

Finally got Psion Flayers cloak to drop. It dropped at 280. I'll need 4 infusions to get it up to my old cloak. I only have 24 mats and that's after sharding everything I can. Not to mention I just bought Graviton Forfeit, which also came at 280 and because it's exotic needs EVEN MORE INFUSIONS.

Bungie hates player progress.

Frenden

Banned
Quick Destiny GAF, Division GAF, DGAF ² check-in.

The missions are a lot of fun on the hard difficulty setting. Smart use of cover, abilities, grenades, and revives is necessary. And matchmaking has yielded competent partners able to complete missions on hard with no hiccups for me so far.

Would you people stop trying to buff Warlocks already?

Signed,

Friendly Titan

But seriously,

John pls, I want them to get rid of Self Res, for the sake of PVE. PVP will never be consider competitive anyway. I've been always saying they should shut down the Crucible and delete Thorn from the game. Kappa.

I'm pretty sure adding a Healer would just make Trials awful but they can go ahead and put CBMM back in it so it can balance it out. 👀

Kalamari

The missions are a lot of fun on the hard difficulty setting. Smart use of cover, abilities, grenades, and revives is necessary. And matchmaking has yielded competent partners able to complete missions on hard with no hiccups for me so far.

Haven't tried hard level yet, some of the enemies were hard even on normal, Sushi and I stuggled with a couple of them. We had to employ the run away strategy to beat them.

I made it to level 10, ready to start playing in the first dark zone.

Namikaze1

Yeah, said it earlier that I haven't done a mission on Normal so far all due to MM.

Frenden

Banned
Yeah, said it earlier that I haven't done a mission on Normal so far all due to MM.

I tried hard after your post--replayed a few missions a few times, had a blast. Hard is definitely where it was at and ALL with randoms.

It makes me rethink my no-matchmaking in Destiny for hard content stance a bit. This has been fun and worked out fine.

I tried hard after your post--replayed a few missions a few times, had a blast. Hard is definitely where it was at and ALL with randoms.

It makes me rethink my no-matchmaking in Destiny for hard content stance a bit. This has been fun and worked out fine.

I think destiny should have optional matchmaking for everything, but I would never matchmake for a raid.

phen0m24

where is this FRENDEN guy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good Oryx butt kicking session everyone.

Oryx gave me not one, not two, not three but four 320 primaries, two exotics and a bunch of other useless stuff.

For whatever reason*, I'm done.

Dear Destiny Year 2,
post-28100-I-love-you-and-I-fucking-hate-JlhA.gif

Not quite. That's too high energy. I'm feeling defeated. It's more:

tumblr_lq4ebvNl5l1qht847.gif

Year 1 was rough, but I never felt this bad. I never felt disrepected or abused by the game like now. And If I feel that way, then I think the right choice is stepping back, even if that's where my friends are.

(And yes, posting a break-up letter and being all dramatic about quitting makes me real mature.)

im-an-adult.gif

Tonight's issues that helped me reach my breaking point hinge on playing Crucible alone. I just wanted to practice and improve my game for Friday. Joined Zone Control match and was instantly Mercied. Joined the next match and I was the only one on my side who didn't quit. Joined Rumble match was spent the match being Thorned to death only to lose both Heavies and get HMGed for the rest of the game. Joined another Rumble match and oh, I beat you in that gun fight. Now, let burn out from Thorn damage, over and over. God roleld Her Benevolence in every game. This with not being able to infuse the new drops I got last week to useable level for this week.

DGAF made Destiny much better than it ever would be otherwise, and for much longer. (My real life friends quit in November.) I love you all, DGAF.

Wake me up when it's Trials. Because that's all that I enjoy anymore.

We all just called it a night. It was just one of those moments where things weren't going well. The group will need someone tomorrow, I've already done mine. Thank you.

P.S. would love to play trials with you sometimes.

Dang! Social obligations got in the way of my Destiny tonight! Curses. Thanks anyways.
Sure, we can make that happen. I added you on PSN!

Edit: if anyone else is runnng CM oryx tonight and needs one I will be on for about another hour

Good Oryx butt kicking session everyone.

Oryx gave me not one, not two, not three but four 320 primaries, two exotics and a bunch of other useless stuff.

Oryx must be in a giving mood of late as he gave me four 320 primaries and 2 Exotics earlier today as well to go along with a bunch of other weaponry.

Jafku

For whatever reason*, I'm done.

Dear Destiny Year 2,
post-28100-I-love-you-and-I-fucking-hate-JlhA.gif

Not quite. That's too high energy. I'm feeling defeated. It's more:

tumblr_lq4ebvNl5l1qht847.gif

Year 1 was rough, but I never felt this bad. I never felt disrepected or abused by the game like now. And If I feel that way, then I think the right choice is stepping back, even if that's where my friends are.

(And yes, posting a break-up letter and being all dramatic about quitting makes me real mature.)

im-an-adult.gif

Tonight's issues that helped me reach my breaking point hinge on playing Crucible alone. I just wanted to practice and improve my game for Friday. Joined Zone Control match and was instantly Mercied. Joined the next match and I was the only one on my side who didn't quit. Joined Rumble match was spent the match being Thorned to death only to lose both Heavies and get HMGed for the rest of the game. Joined another Rumble match and oh, I beat you in that gun fight. Now, let burn out from Thorn damage, over and over. God roleld Her Benevolence in every game. This with not being able to infuse the new drops I got last week to useable level for this week.

DGAF made Destiny much better than it ever would be otherwise, and for much longer. (My real life friends quit in November.) I love you all, DGAF.

Wake me up when it's Trials. Because that's all that I enjoy anymore.
I think it's good that you are taking a "break". If something just starts to be too frustrating it's best to walk away. And of course DGAF will mostly still be here

Dez_

Man, frustrating pvp matches tonight. Just cannot seem to put myself into advantageous positions and nearly all the games were completely lopsided. Need a break. Only won a single game today.

Armsday tomorrow. Maybe Arminius god roll? Not that it matters. CB Doctrine for life!

I will probably spend my halfhour of prework game time in the Division, anyway.

I already miss you, Destiny.

Overwatch looks SUPER good. I'm just salty that they never sent me the Beta but they sent all my friend's one ;(

I played 4h and 53m of The Division (and 18.75% done with the story according to uplay) and having a pretty good time so far. It's fun to play a shooter on the PC again. If Destiny 2 is on the PC, that'll be megaton. If it includes an account transfer of course. It should just be compatible for both, meaning you can use your account on either, but of course we'll see. I wouldn't want to split up PS4 DGAF in half, which is a very rough estimate of how many people would switch to PC from PS4 here.

TLW has been having sooo many phantom bullets for me lately that I've been switching more to Doctrine.

Overwatch looks SUPER good. I'm just salty that they never sent me the Beta but they sent all my friend's one ;(

TLW has been having sooo many phantom bullets
for me lately that I've been switching more to Doctrine.

Why does that bug exist

I want to know like

The logic behind that, where if you hold down fire on TLW sometimes it won't fire at all

Top Bottom