• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Frenden

Banned
No Backup Plans :)

Edit: I turned Frenden into a dirty NBP shotgun defender. Join the club my friend.

TRUTH. Probably old news, but here was worked for me.

1) No Backup Plans
2) A good, high impact shotgun.
3) Gear spec'd for STR and INT.

Spec yourself for armor and agility and set your bubble for Armor of Light. It stacks with Force Barrier and makes you damn near invincible in your bubble.

With max STR, your Force Barrier lasts 25 seconds. Your cool down is also 25 seconds. Landing speedy, skating shotgun kills essentially means you have permanent Force Barrier overshield.

Save your suppression grenades to nullify supers, not to spam offensively. Use bubbles to control Spark spawns, Rift goals, and Control points in objective modes.

phen0m24

Anyone have a spare PSN code for the ahem
other
DGAF game?

Our good friend Dawn (@rawksaur) looking for one. She's our Bungie buddy.

:)

Just asking as she's looking.

Peace all

Its good but trumped by the raid HMG purely for the Cocoon perk

A successful evening tonight, I managed to do nothing and lose 5 games on the trot. So when proper Iron Banner returns, I'll have 5 medallions and 6 daily bounties (so far) to cash in right away

I also finally managed to get a pair of Disc/Str Hand Cannon gloves, so I've a max Disc/Str Ramlock build to make casuals cry in Crimson Doubles

CZ_xvT9WkAAjIcF.jpg

Also on connections, if anything, I reckon they've reprogrammed the red/yellow/green bars as i'm not seeing much difference

As a fellow Thorn Ramlock - I salute you! I've recently been dabbling with starfire and two fusion grenades but i think I really want voidfang and then I can have two firebolts I think?

Namikaze1

Anyone have a spare PSN code for the ahem
other
DGAF game?

Our good friend Dawn (@rawksaur) looking for one. She's our Bungie buddy.

:)

Just asking as she's looking.

Peace all
Since amazon doesn't work, next best thing is doing the UK PSN way. Preorder the game on a UK account, exit store, return to store, visit division page, download beta, cancel preorder, etc.

Doing it this way you don't need to wait for a code since all who preordered digitally are automatically in.

As a fellow Thorn Ramlock - I salute you! I've recently been dabbling with starfire and two fusion grenades but i think I really want voidfang and then I can have two firebolts I think?

It was nerfed for yr2 it's now one grenade :( it's still nice to always spawn with one though if you're not max Disc

Since amazon doesn't work, next best thing is doing the UK PSN way. Preorder the game on a UK account, exit store, return to store, visit division page, download beta, cancel preorder, etc.

Doing it this way you don't need to wait for a code since all who preordered digitally are automatically in.

This way doesn't work anymore either, if anyone wants in now they pretty much have to beg someone for a code.

Zel3

Rank 5 in iron banner. Only thing I'll get now is items post game right? Maybe I should stop playing IB.

Oops posted this in the previous thread by mistake old bookmark before it was buried and replaced with this new shiny thread:

Any of you guys running Tlaloc builds on your warlock? I haven't played a lock before just started one and was planning out my build trying to decide whats the best subclass/stat spread/exotic armor. I know most Tlaloc builds go Sunsinger but I've noticed a few going voidwalker. Seems the most popular stat spread is to just go disc/str since your just holding your super anyway.

For exotic armor it seems the popular choices are double melee gloves (forgot the name), Alchemist's Raiment, and a few rocking Voidfang for the grenade on respawn.

I'm a big scout rifle fan so I'm itchin to give Tlaloc a go. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Oops posted this in the previous thread by mistake old bookmark before it was buried and replaced with this new shiny thread:

Any of you guys running Tlaloc builds on your warlock? I haven't played a lock before just started one and was planning out my build trying to decide whats the best subclass/stat spread/exotic armor. I know most Tlaloc builds go Sunsinger but I've noticed a few going voidwalker. Seems the most popular stat spread is to just go disc/str since your just holding your super anyway.

For exotic armor it seems the popular choices are double melee gloves (forgot the name), Alchemist's Raiment, and a few rocking Voidfang for the grenade on respawn.

I'm a big scout rifle fan so I'm itchin to give Tlaloc a go. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I run Tlaloc exclusively on my Sunsinger. The biggest thing to remember is that you don't have to use it all match. I do, but you can use Hawksaw or the the Mida until your super builds, then you have a gun that everyone thinks they can beat until they're dead.

I speced for INT and DIS still because I want it to build as fast as possible. The longer you have your super in a match, the more lethal you are. You can strafe at range and beat snipers/any other scout thanks to Eye of the Storm, headshot and beat pulses at about 50/50, close range is where auto can beat you, but just pick your spots and it's not frequent. It's ultra-satisfying to know that at mid-to-long range, you'll win most one on ones, some 2 on ones if you can shoot, and after a brief moment, the 3rd guy.

Feorax

I fucking hate trying to learn how to use sniper rifles in PvP.

I've been playing since the alpha and it feels like I've probably landed less than 5 headshots since then, even with the supposedly obscene amount of AA.

I've been playing since the alpha and it feels like I've probably landed less than 5 headshots since then, even with the supposedly obscene amount of AA.

Honestly, don't fight it. Grab a 1000 yard stare with short gaze and just practice.

Currently 4 on the bus with 1 coming. Need 1 more at least.

Tri4

Lol I was feeling the same about a week ago. I feel pretty confident now and I'll tell you that the best place to practice is in 6v6. Don't switch secondaries and keep at sniping. Don't extreme hard scope (sit in one spot camping for prey) and use a low zoom sniper. I recommend stillpiercer as its the one I've been using.

DONT CHALLENGE OTHER SNIPERS. This will lead you to get sniped easily by more experienced players and you'll get very, very salty. At least I did. Don't challenge other snipers till you are confident.

If you get hit while sniping, give up and change tactics. It's not worth trying to shoot a guy who's making your scope shake like crazy because he'll probably win.

And keep trying. You won't believe how bad I was only a few days ago. Practice really makes a difference. I'm by no means a pro, but the improvements are noticeable.

the_id

I think I've just switched my main into a Hunter from being a Warlock for over a year now.
Such a great class!!!.....Bungle please nerf.

What's the best exotic item to use for the Nightstalker?

Top Bottom