• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I told you guys about Warlocks

but you never listened to me

nooo, we have to complain about Sunstrikers first, because the hammers hurt my toes

you have rued the day you messed with sunstrikers. RUE I SAY

Sun strikers needed a nerf, just not the nerf they got.

Frenden

Banned
My current favorite build. Max DIS + STR, two 'nades and two knives.

CaAG4_RUYAAWo8E.jpg:large

By the time your tripmine despawns another is ready. And a burning knife will kill just about anything after a single bullet hit. Tag with a gun, knife toss, DED.

Trakan

I'm surprised people still use tripmines after the incendiary buff. I never looked back. I also never used tripmines like they were intended to be used either. I'd just try to get them to explode right next to a person immediately.

This is pretty cool.

BiQLIzZ.gif

Frenden

Banned
I'm surprised people still use tripmines after the incendiary buff. I never looked back. I also never used tripmines like they were intended to be used either. I'd just try to get them to explode right next to a person immediately.

I use Tripmines in 6's with predictable control zones/objectives. And if you're not sticking them on walls and using them for area control, then, yes, they suck.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I fucking hate trying to learn how to use sniper rifles in PvP.

I've been playing since the alpha and it feels like I've probably landed less than 5 headshots since then, even with the supposedly obscene amount of AA.

Anticipate where you think your opponent is. Work on being precise first and pull the trigger before you actually think you should.

A good place to practice is with Skolas. Try to land every single precision hit against him. Take your time at first and gradually work on shooting faster.

IB train anyone?

Jafku

Anticipate where you think your opponent is. Work on being precise first and pull the trigger before you actually think you should.

A good place to practice is with Skolas. Try to land every single precision hit against him. Take your time at first and gradually work on shooting faster.

IB train anyone?

I'm in. just gotta finish this mayhem rumble match

Trakan

I use Tripmines in 6's with predictable control zones/objectives. And if you're not sticking them on walls and using them for area control, then, yes, they suck.

I never really die to them either, I don't know. The main way they kill me is the way I described where one gets stuck to a wall next to me.

You can also survive them pretty easily with max armor.

the_id

IB train anyone?
I'm in.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
My problem with sniping is I peek my head out and I'm dead before I can even learn why I got sniped. Difficult to get better from that sort of exchange.

Agreed, but they should have hit warlocks at the same time and now they have nobody to counter their rediculous overpowered super and melee.

Well, warlocks do have the most ridiculius and infuriating jump of all the classes. You know how Bungie works for nerfs. I can almost see it:
Dude, warlock melee and grenades are OP
It's OK, we gave him a crap jump. That is a nerf right there....

Great OT as always Drake. Now stop procrastinating and finish Dark Souls.

Thanks bro! I finished my all-boss DS replay last night. That game is the fucking GoAT. I appreciate it more very time I play it. You gotta do the DLC at some point, one of the best DLC releases ever.

But now I'm back on the Witness kick, ~230 puzzles solved so far. The game is huge, it could easily take 50+ hours if you wanted to solve everything. It's hard to say how many puzzles there are especially since I'm staying 100% free of guides/spoilers.

.....oh yeah, Destiny. Umm. Yeah I got nothing.

edit: since we're talking about Gunslingers- It's a powerful and elegant subclass but it just doesn't vibe with my personality. It's way too slow and without evasion like BD and NS. I just feel sluggish whenever I run it.

My current favorite build. Max DIS + STR, two 'nades and two knives.

CaAG4_RUYAAWo8E.jpg:large

By the time your tripmine despawns another is ready. And a burning knife will kill just about anything after a single bullet hit. Tag with a gun, knife toss, DED.

Yup. Trip mines and knifes all day long. Also golden gun. My favorite built for hunter

Tri4

I'm surprised people still use tripmines after the incendiary buff. I never looked back. I also never used tripmines like they were intended to be used either. I'd just try to get them to explode right next to a person immediately
I think tripmines are the best grenades in the whole game. They're pretty much the reason why I use gunslinger.I use them pretty effectively as stickies since they always OHK if stuck. I also throw them around corners where I'm expecting people, which kills low armor guys or readies others for me to finish off. Also good for panic throws on shotgun rushers which almost always results in a sticky because of how close they are to you.

The best part is when you randomly get kills and postmortems from tripmines you forgot you placed.

But incendiary grenades are also very good. I only use them on my sunbreaker though. I always roll my eyes when subreakers cry about how it was okay to have an OP super because their abilities supposedly sucked.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
managed to get a flat cable and wire up my PS4 before I have to head out for the night. Thanks to Nami and others for the inspiration, it's been a long time coming.
Actually I had never done it either. Sorry I bailed suddenly at the end, my connection dropped.

Thanks for having me, went pretty smoothly. I can't work out why my mic just doesn't seem to work when Raiding with you though. It's normally fine. Weird.
That is super weird, and no problem at all! I forgot to try going back to in-game chat to see if that worked...

To your credit your performed excellently considering it was your first time and without being able to speak, I had forgotten by the time we made it to Crota and thought you weren't saying anything because you had done it before, lol :p

Sort of unrelated note but Seeing Sleeper Simulant fired at Crota is kind of surreal, lol.

I wish Weekly Nightfall Raids would exist so bad.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
edit: since we're talking about Gunslingers- It's a powerful and elegant subclass but it just doesn't vibe with my personality. It's way too slow and without evasion like BD and NS. I just feel sluggish whenever I run it.
Totally agree, I respect Gunslinger a lot but it just isn't me. And truly, Nightstalker is a blast with Shadestep, soo much utility, and I really can't live without its orb generation in some circumstances... but in my heart of hearts I will always be a Bladedancer.
Why aren't the Wolf Pack rounds proc'ing??? .... oh wait, nvm.
Haha, yeah. Is it true that you can take his shield down with Raze-Lighter? I heard that once upon a time and haven't remembered to try it yet.

I was actually rocking my gjally during the newbie raid for old time's sake today. My favorite is blindfiring one back across the bridge vaguely in the direction of the Swordbearer "he'll be down any second now"

Haha, yeah. Is it true that you can take his shield down with Raze-Lighter? I heard that once upon a time and haven't remembered to try it yet.

Its true.

And yeah quickdraw+blink is just too good.

Although i dont understand why quickdraw not proc'ing sometimes is still a thing. It can fuck you up coming out of a blink.

We still doing HM Oryx? I guess I'll start a list just to confirm.

1.El_Fenomeno
2.j2theizzay(PSN:meginyu)
3.Beagles329?
4.Bradach333?
5.Bradach333 friend?

Shiv47

I'd be interested, but I have 0 experience with this raid if you guys are willing to teach a noob :) Is 290-294 light enough for this?

Sent you a friend request, but not sure if you're gonna see it. Still interested? Otherwise, we need one more for a NM raid with a couple raid newbies.

16 wins past flawless and no sniff of the Scarab... I'm just going to go sit down. This sucks.

Big thanks to Biggy and Pew and anyone who carried my sorry ass on the previous attempts.

Top Bottom