• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Couple of spots left for Crota's End newbie raid happening in about 2 hours.

Opening up the list for a newbie Crota's End raid tomorrow, 1/30 at 3:00PM Eastern Time.

It's quite a quick (and fun, in my opinion) activity and the raid is open to anymore, but certainly to people who have never experienced it before. Also, if anyone is interested in giving the sword a shot (a unique role for the final boss fight) this is a great opportunity.

spots left for now, sign up here: [B]https://docs.google.com/forms/d/...8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform?usp=send_form[/B]

Tri4

Lol I just checked my inventory and randomly found the hebridean thoughtcrime IB ship. It must've dropped when I wasn't looking.

ONE OF THE LAGGIEST RUMBLE MATCHES EVER.

Bungie do something right for once and put connection based mm in regular crucible and not just IB once this is all done.

Raven117

Good title. It just slightly references the division yet more encapsulates the strange addiction folks still have to play this game. (Myself semi included)

Deku Tree

I think that if you get destroyed in a PvP match, and it says "finding a better match", then the Bungie MM try's to give you a team that has a high chance of winning the next match.

I always destroy the next team after getting Appled.

A lot of people like to go to orbit and que back into matchmaking. But I feel like if you do that then you lose the chance for Bungie to give you good team mates or a worse opponent based on how bad you lost the last one.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think that if you get destroyed in a PvP match, and it says "finding a better match", then the Bungie MM try's to give you a team that has a high chance of winning the next match.

I always destroy the next team after getting Appled.

A lot of people like to go to orbit and que back into matchmaking. But I feel like if you do that then you lose the chance for Bungie to give you good team mates or a worse opponent based on how bad you lost the last one.

A lot of times you end up playing the same team again so orbit is the best way.

Toddler

First rank 5 reward this week: 314 Wolfswood Cloak when I already have a 320.

So I'm wondering: Does the items you have equipped effect what falls off the loot table into your lap?

I know the RNGods have no soul, I just don't want to believe there's nothing I can do to help increase my chances of getting something I need. It just feels so crazy, since I've gotten better drops with weaker items equipped.

Shiv47

Reposting from previous thread:

So assuming things come together, we're planning to do a NM Kings Fall raid for anyone interested. Right now there's two newbies and one veteran (me). We hoping to run this tonight (approx. 9EST), so we have the time needed to run through explanations and all that. Anyone else interested? Ideally I'd like to get another vet or two who could help balance things out, but whatever shakes out, shakes out.

1) shiv2099
2) my buddy who's a Gaffer but never posts
3) SpecX
4) GibbShift
5) jdirtybird32
6) Milkham

Okay, we have six, unless something changes! See you all tonight, I will send out invites a few minutes ahead of time. I have at least a couple of you on my friends' list already, but feel free to send a FR if not.

Last time I got the "finding a better match", my team was the winning side, and I also had an individually great game. I think in either direction, it tries to give you a team that you have even odds of beating.

Never seems to work out that way for me though, if I'm put back into the pool after a 2+ kdr win, I inevitably get matched into games where I'm crushed and struggle to go positive, until I'm put back into the pool and matched with players that I then destroy, until the pendulum swings hard the other direction again.

While I guess my win ratio and kdr might balance out towards 1:1 in the long run over many games, it sure isn't a fun sine wave to ride.

For later. :p

Busy for another 30-35 minutes. I'll be back on shortly after I'm done with this thing for more DZ action if you're still playing.
Just playing. I'm heading to my Grandparents house for the night anyway. I'll probably be able to play around 2pm if your on around then. I gotta get off around 3-3:30.

Namikaze1

Just playing. I'm heading to my Grandparents house for the night anyway. I'll probably be able to play around 2pm if your on around then. I gotta get off around 3-3:30.
Decided to log in while doing this thing. The game dropped me in the DZ. right inside the shop we found. D:

I'm fucked.

Edit: HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FUCKING ROGUES RUNNING ABOUT

Edit2: I am Snake. I am fucking Snake. Sneaked the fucked out of the DZ.

phen0m24

For later. :p

Busy for another 30-35 minutes. I'll be back on shortly after I'm done with this thing for more DZ action if you're still playing.

Right as you sent me an invite a kid I know asked me to help him do a strike. He's like 250 trying to get to 300. UGH

We got Undying Mind. My head...

I am almost to Level 8 in the Division though

Highwind

First IB match today and I've already encountered an invincible warlock.

hFfrpP4.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie raid in 20 minutes- could use one more to help out, if anyone is available.
Opening up the list for a newbie Crota's End raid tomorrow, 1/30 at 3:00PM Eastern Time.

It's quite a quick (and fun, in my opinion) activity and the raid is open to anymore, but certainly to people who have never experienced it before. Also, if anyone is interested in giving the sword a shot (a unique role for the final boss fight) this is a great opportunity.

spots left for now, sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform?usp=send_form

Rune of the machine is finally being sold and I can complete my vendor emblem collection!

Only missing a few random cryptarch and vanguard strike ones (and the scarab but screw that one)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Keeping the bat signal up for anyone who might me interested in helping the CE newbies, although the challenge of doing it with 4 is kind of intriguing. Feel free to join on Hawkian though, public party.

Streaming at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian

edit: also vctor182 where ru lol

3x Rank 5 IB packs gave me nothing but junk. Nothing even remotley close to 320.

Oh well.

Edit: On the plus side. I've found my go to Hunter build finally.

Mida. Shotgun. RL.

Max INT/DIS with the Young Ahamkara's Spine. It wrecked in IB and Trials today.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Is there some sort of trick to actually playing destiny? I play every other game on PS4 online without a hitch and I get disconnected from destiny every 15 minutes what gives?

Keeping the bat signal up for anyone who might me interested in helping the CE newbies, although the challenge of doing it with 4 is kind of intriguing. Feel free to join on Hawkian though, public party.

Streaming at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian

edit: also vctor182 where ru lol

sorry hawkian - prepping some stuff for later tonight, so no gaming for me atm. :/
otherwise, I totally would jump in.

Deku Tree

Is there some sort of trick to actually playing destiny? I play every other game on PS4 online without a hitch and I get disconnected from destiny every 15 minutes what gives?

https://www.bungie.net/en/Support/Troubleshoot?oid=12915

You must have a problem. That is unusual.

A lot of times you end up playing the same team again so orbit is the best way.

If it says "finding a better match" then you play a different team. Not sure how bad you have to lose to get that? 8K points?

Last time I got the "finding a better match", my team was the winning side, and I also had an individually great game. I think in either direction, it tries to give you a team that you have even odds of beating.

Never seems to work out that way for me though, if I'm put back into the pool after a 2+ kdr win, I inevitably get matched into games where I'm crushed and struggle to go positive, until I'm put back into the pool and matched with players that I then destroy, until the pendulum swings hard the other direction again.

While I guess my win ratio and kdr might balance out towards 1:1 in the long run over many games, it sure isn't a fun sine wave to ride.

Yeah it seems like it goes both ways.

Highwind

Decide to play Rift solo to see what it was like.

First match I drop into 2300 / 12000 followed by a Mercy. Then I get titan smashed.

lol bungo pls

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
woohoo! Gotta love a raid starting with 4 people, finishing with no wipes in 50 minutes and a Gjallarhorn for one of the attendees XD Granted it wasn't quite a newbie raid as we only had one trubie-newbie with us this time, but still satisfying as always.

NM Crota is made of paper these days... seemed like a perfect attack rotation would have taken him out in one shield break at my light. Poor kid!

Is the trials heavy machine gun any good? Got it with zen moment, rifled barrel/field scout and persistence.

Its good but trumped by the raid HMG purely for the Cocoon perk

A successful evening tonight, I managed to do nothing and lose 5 games on the trot. So when proper Iron Banner returns, I'll have 5 medallions and 6 daily bounties (so far) to cash in right away

I also finally managed to get a pair of Disc/Str Hand Cannon gloves, so I've a max Disc/Str Ramlock build to make casuals cry in Crimson Doubles

CZ_xvT9WkAAjIcF.jpg

Also on connections, if anything, I reckon they've reprogrammed the red/yellow/green bars as i'm not seeing much difference

Mindwipe

woohoo! Gotta love a raid starting with 4 people, finishing with no wipes in 50 minutes and a Gjallarhorn for one of the attendees XD Granted it wasn't quite a newbie raid as we only had one trubie-newbie with us this time, but still satisfying as always.

NM Crota is made of paper these days... seemed like a perfect attack rotation would have taken him out in one shield break at my light. Poor kid!

Actually I had never done it either. Sorry I bailed suddenly at the end, my connection dropped.

Thanks for having me, went pretty smoothly. I can't work out why my mic just doesn't seem to work when Raiding with you though. It's normally fine. Weird.

Frenden

Banned
3x Rank 5 IB packs gave me nothing but junk. Nothing even remotley close to 320.

Oh well.

Edit: On the plus side. I've found my go to Hunter build finally.

Mida. Shotgun. RL.

Max INT/DIS with the Young Ahamkara's Spine. It wrecked in IB and Trials today.

My Hunter go-to for 6's include Spine and max DIS. It's basically free kills, haha.

A successful evening tonight, I managed to do nothing and lose 5 games on the trot. So when proper Iron Banner returns, I'll have 5 medallions and 6 daily bounties (so far) to cash in right away

I also finally managed to get a pair of Disc/Str Hand Cannon gloves, so I've a max Disc/Str Ramlock build to make casuals cry in Crimson Doubles

CZ_xvT9WkAAjIcF.jpg

Also on connections, if anything, I reckon they've reprogrammed the red/yellow/green bars as i'm not seeing much difference

You monster.

There's no casuals left. Crimson doubles will be nothing but sweat!

the_id

CZ_xvT9WkAAjIcF.jpg

It will be a very Sweaty and Green date....

Top Bottom